It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Physical Aspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This may be in the wrong forum...if it is, mods feel free to move it.

Now. On to the matter. This will be (trolls permitting) a discussion regarding a splice of two subjects: the chemical balance of the brain, and the metaphysical aspect of our physical reality.

It is largely believed by the scientific community that since the various emotions of the human mind can be replicated through chemical processes, it must be that the original emotions also can to be through such means. This, in essence, completely devalues the emotions themselves...there is no magic, no special feelings, no nothing. Simple chemical reactions, bottled within the various organs making up the human brain.

As a result of this, there are people who have concluded (quite erroneously, in my opinion, but to each their own) that emotions no longer have a place except as influences, just like any other factor in our lives. Emotions, to them, no longer have a "special place"; they are as simple as thoughts, and just as easily discarded. Meditation and hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and various other techniques corroborate this theory.

Emotions can be both programmed and discarded like yesterday's software.

This, I will not argue with. That, being evidently based on a chemical structure, renders emotions consequently malleable, I will not contend with. That we can abolish all emotion, or become completely overrun, each to our developmental labs' desire, is not the question.

What then, is the question?

Here, I will raise the point that bring metaphysics into the arena. Metaphysics, quite simply, states that for every physical object, action, or emotion, there is a corresponding reaction on a sub or super-plane...the metaphysical plane. This plane compares to our reality (of which we know painfully little, despite any and all attempts to pretend otherwise) as a gem which is placed in a dark room. You look at it; it doesn't shine, gleam, or appear translucent. This is our reality. Now, if you were to apply light to that same gem, suddenly it sparkles! It's transparent, shiny, and quite pleasing to the eye. This is the metaphysical realm.

This may not make much sense to you. Why? Why does the light make a difference? Because it allows the viewer to look deeper. It creates the conditions in which we may observe the ENTIRETY of that gem. And because we cannot create the proper conditions, or train ourselves to reach the appropriate state, we are stuck in a perpetually dark room, staring at a perpetually dark concept. Chemicals and physical matter.

Those chemicals in the brain may be (and yes, I know you will argue with this) simply the physical aspect of a much larger, much more important energy on a different plane, the metaphysical plane.

You cannot disprove nor prove this except by comparing it to other matters. For instance, telekinesis and telepathy. Supposedly dubious, but recently proven. The transferal of energy. Where did this energy come from? How did it travel?

By the metaphysical plane.

This is but one example. There are many more, but I will leave you to do the work. Only by exploring ourselves can we find the answers. But do we explore? Regretfully, not as much as we should. We consistently look at the surface of things, never aware that we only see the top of the water, rather than the middle or bottom. We believe we are seeing all there is to see...wake up and realize: we do not know everything. There is so much more to be found, and science cannot grasp it...that does not mean it is not real.

The main reason I introduce this subject is because we must learn that the mystery beyond the physical reality we see is the most wonderful aspect of life. The wonder, the majesty of that which we do not understand (but perhaps someday, we will) is the best part of it, until we actually UNDERSTAND it. Everything that has an influence upon the energetic plane, including emotions, has a marvelous quality of magic and mystery that is more potent than any science we can come up with. Just because we do not understand, doesn't mean it is nonexistent. Just because science cannot yet explain it, does not mean it is fallacy.

It simply means science is too young to understand. Remember that, and see.

Namaste

(discussions most welcome)
edit on CMondaypm555516f16America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CMondaypm454543f43America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

we cannot create the proper conditions, or train ourselves to reach the appropriate state, we are stuck in a perpetually dark room, staring at a perpetually dark concept. Chemicals and physical matter.

I beg to differ, I believe we can train ourselves to reach this realm, I've experienced it firsthand. But interesting thread non the less.
edit on 13-2-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

we cannot create the proper conditions, or train ourselves to reach the appropriate state, we are stuck in a perpetually dark room, staring at a perpetually dark concept. Chemicals and physical matter.

I beg to differ, I believe we can train ourselves to reach this realm, I've experienced it firsthand. But interesting thread non the less.
edit on 13-2-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

Well thank you, I prefer to think likewise. But we are trained to think logically, not in terms of the metaphysical realm. This training has resulted in our "supernatural" sense being crippled. But the invention of the Internet has allowed the exchange of information to the point that we have learned exactly how do transcend the human perception...books help with this, of course.

I encourage anyone interested in transcending the limited human perception to look deeper into the spiritual and metaphysical planes, by whatever means necessary. But remember to keep a bit of skepticism about you...not everything works, and skepticism is healthy in almost any case.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Have you read the tablets of Thoth? Very interesting www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I have heard of them. However, I am rather averse to reading anything similar to scriptures...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I have heard of them. However, I am rather averse to reading anything similar to scriptures...

Yea I know what you mean, but you should have a look. I think it would be of interest to you. Even if it is just a fictional tale written by a man. I read it with a pinch of salt, and was quite entertained.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

While I see the operation of our consciousness as mechanistic, I don't believe that the gross actions of chemicals, magnetic fields or even an electrode applied to a single neuron can explain the subtlety and nuance of emotional responses.

I can say that even though I look at the relationship with my wife from an analytical stance; that the attraction was initially sexual and I have grown to love her, but the truth is, before I even had a relationship, I "knew" she was the one.

In fact, I even commented to my father that I was going to marry her and this shocked him as I had only known her for about two weeks.

At the time, I would have thought that she was "out of my league" as she was tall and very attractive and I was a rather less spectacular, academic type (a classic 'nerd').

But somehow she knew, and I knew, and it all seemed to happen so naturally.

We've had three children and so far over 25 years of marriage (and I believe we'll have many more) so whatever it was that made her "the one" is still active now.

top topics

join