It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Help for Friend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why is it that friends come to me with legal issues? I'm not a lawyer...

Anyway I don't really know if there is any advice to give this friend. I've asked around town, but I just don't think there is anything he can do. The situation is that he's trying to get custody of his son from his son's grandparents. He's a good man, never done anything to harm his kid, I'm rooting for him. The one problem is that the grandparents think he's crazy based on some Facebook and blog posts he's made in the past... which he was told they'll be more than happy to expose in court... so... yeah. He is asking for help and I don't know. Don't think he can really do much beyond saying he's a changed man.

Anyone else got any ideas?
edit on 13-2-2012 by 0cryptic0truth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 0cryptic0truth0

I would take them to court, get a good lawyer, and if he is truly a good man like you say he should have no problem. However, a criminal record of any kind won't play out well especially considering the grandparents have proof of past personal issues.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
With the Josh Powell incident still in the headlines...your friend might have a tough row to hoe.

He'll need the services of a good custody Attorney.

Des

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There's so much missing from your account here. Why do the grandparents have custody in the first place? What Facebook posts? "Son's grandparents" could be his own parents or his ex's parents. This is really not enough to go on. You're going to get very generic replies here unless you provide more details.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My legal advice it to see the professionals... lawyers. We are just members on a conspiracy site.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

All depends on the reasons he doesn't have his kid (and the grandparents do) in the first place. Also, really depends on what state he's in.

The sad thing is, once the state is involved, and has taken away your kids, you're screwed. They don't have to arrest you, charge you with anything, etc. It's the most gestapo agency in government, and they are completely outside the bounds of the Constitution and checks and balances.

But, it will never change, as the first politician to oppose it, it's like poison, as his opponents will say he's against children, etc.

The ONLY way to fight it is with expensive lawyers and experts, and the state can afford to drag its feet. The kid gets older, you get poorer, and in the end, you're still fighting.

I wish your friend all the luck in the world. He'll need it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

I would take them to court, get a good lawyer, and if he is truly a good man like you say he should have no problem. However, a criminal record of any kind won't play out well especially considering the grandparents have proof of past personal issues.

Oh yeah, he's a good guy. I can vouch for him. No criminal record... at least not as long as I've known him. That's been many, many, years. I think he'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If his son's grandparents have custody, then by default, the father (your friend) has lost custody in the past. Therefore, he will need a good lawyer that will work with him to convince the court that the circumstances that caused the loss of custody are no longer valid. There is nothing you (OP) can do except convince your friend to lawyer-up.

edit on 13-2-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join