It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC posts maps of Syrian Battle in Homs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

BBC posts maps of Syrian Battle in Homs

www.bbc.co.uk

There are several separate stories, and other featurs on this page of the BBC online,
Howvever it may be of interest to have some idea what the battle now raging in Homs consists of....for this reason i post
this link.....
Other articles and video are revelant as well.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is the crucial battle for the country right now....
Homs is The very center of resistance, and if assad can destroy this ravolution at its roots, it may be too late for these freedom fighters.
I am watching this fight with heightened interest asit may be the turning point for the whole middle east situation.....

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hmm.. if we have not already, I am wondering why the CIA and it's Euro counterparts have not begun funneling special forces and weapons into the region. With Mossad so close you'd think it'd be very easy.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Dont Fall for the propaganda. In all of the other Arab uprisings (save Libya) the protesting was mainly in the capital city of each country. We already know that Europe and the U.S. were supporting the "rebels" many of whom were al quaeda linked or past criminals. (not all but a majority). Isn't Syria beginning to look the same way?

They tell us to believe that Assad is mercilessly killing unarmed protesters but 40% of the people killed have been government soldiers. That does not sound peaceful. The peaceful demonstrations are still ongoing in Syria, but recieve no coverage. The media only talks about the fighting, and if you do a bit of research the people of syria do not stand behind the rebellious groups that are fighting. Nor do they want the same old assad-controlled government. Their wishes are in the middle, yet people think that one must either be on one side of the conflict or the other. That is the central fallacy that we all should understand.

Think about it, if the U.S. lost control of a city due to massive rioting and police officers and national guard troops were being killed do you think the government should lay down all arms and let them run wild on peoples homes, businesses and property? or would they move in and (clumsily) attempt to restore order?

All Im saying is, dont swallow up what the western media is telling you, and dont swallow any other singular news agency either. Look at this story from a number of different angles and you will see what I do: The truth lies in between.

Peace, and Much love Stirling

top topics

join