It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had similar situation, what did you do about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Are medical doctors allowed to arbitrally remove someone from necessary meds? Series of problems occurred too many to list here, that prevented going to hospital for blood work. Now physician of 10 years has refused to give perscriptions for high blood pressure and diabetic test strips. Is this a legal thing that any physcian can do or is it just a lack of ethics. Been on high blood pressure pills for over 10 years and no side effects was ever noticed.

edit on 13-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: waned to change something

edit on 13-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

This is going to sound random, but there isn't much in order to make an educated opinion on your case....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
Are medical doctors allowed to arbitrally remove someone from necessary meds? Series of problems occurred too many to list here, that prevented going to hospital for blood work. Now physician of 10 years has refused to give perscriptions for high blood pressure and diabetic test strips. Is this a legal thing that any physcian can do or is it just a lack of ethics. Been on high blood pressure pills for over 10 years and no side effects was ever noticed.

edit on 13-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: waned to change something

edit on 13-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

"prevented going to hospital for blood work"

How are you on any prescription medicines if you haven't got up to date blood work done?
That is very important, or the medications that you are/were on, could cause severe medical problems, that are not physically felt, until it's too late.

Get your bloodwork done.

Diabetic test strips should be without prescription, but medication is different.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As the poster above me said, it's necessarry to get new blood work done. It's always a good idea to get bloodwork done often anyway to see if you have any bad ailments going on behind the scenes. You could have blood cancer and not even know it. I'm kind of angered about the medical system of the United States myself, but I think I will go off and make my own topic about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Get used to being denied medical care as we slide into socialized medicine and slim budgets.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was under the impression that once you have been on blood pressure medicine, you can't come off it as it WILL make your blood pressure spike. I may be wrong, but I remember my doctor telling me this a few years back.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand
I was under the impression that once you have been on blood pressure medicine, you can't come off it as it WILL make your blood pressure spike. I may be wrong, but I remember my doctor telling me this a few years back.

I was on blood pressure meds for 2 years, lost weight, drank very little alcohol, walk/excercise daily, and watch my diet. I have been off the med for 2 years now and from time to time check my blood pressure amd it has been good. My experience has been, get healthy and you can say goodbye to the meds.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

I thought so too but apparently its wrong advise probably to help the pharmaceuticals so they can keep getting rich. I wouldn't advise it for everyone though, so far knock wood nothing like what you've said has happened.

top topics

join