It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love Iran?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Actually, forget about anything else I wrote. When you say "I can't wait to turn on CNN and see that we've gotten to [bombing them back to the Stone Age]" it really shows me the type of really horrible, disgusting degenerate you are.

You are a sick, sociopathic individual with no real compassion. You are the same disgusting type of person who, when wielding power, makes the same kinds of decisions those in power are making. You see war as entertainment, turning on CNN to get the goose-bumps and thrills from watching anonymous bombs fall from anonymous planes onto anonymous buildings and houses and neighborhoods. But they're not anonymous, there are children and families with pets and lives and loves and real stories living in those homes. People who just want to live their lives. Despite differences that might exist between our culture and theirs, there are still more constants than things that deviate. There are still parents wondering how their grown children are doing. There are still people hoping for a new job or worrying about financial issues. There are people standing in the kitchen cooking and laughing and talking about their grandparents from when they were children.

I can easily think back to every moment with family and friends, sitting around, barbacuing, playing cards with my grandmother or helping her clean up her garden, discussing the next day's fishing trip with my dad while my aunt cooked us dinner, playing board games with cousins...I don't know, but I've never tried to get nuclear weapons despite what the US government has done, but I certainly wouldn't want to have bombs dropped indiscriminately on me of my family or loved ones because that is what the government has done. I really wouldn't be able to stomach it, so I'm capable as an unfreightened, rational and compassionate human being to transfer my experiences onto those of the people of Iran (or Iraq or Afghanistan). That's called humanity. That's called compassion.

The soldier dropping the bomb is as much a victim as well. You sit back in your armchair for the "show" on CNN and some young kid is thrown into a situation he doesn't understand. I talk to 18 and 19 year olds all the time, either through work or teaching them and they don't know anything. They're young and immature. And for your pleasure and enjoyment, your blood lust, you would just as easily pollute these naive minds with death and destruction and turn them into killing machines for your in-between-commercials-viewing-enjoyment. I bet you are the type of person that enjoys the rush of the leaked army videos showing body-shaped heat signals on a black-hawk computer screen running into the gray scale void until the sparkles of gun fire make the body-shape stop running, or explode, or fall apart. For as disgusting as that is, it's also really sick that we are capable of turning those 18 year olds into that type of person and you live that vicariously.

You disgust me.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

You mad bro?

Of course I don't mean innocent bystanders, which unfortunately happens in the fog of war...

But their government and the dictator that's in charge of that country. Yes. They should absolutely bombed back to the stone age. They are a threat to global peace!

You are ignorant if you can't see that.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Oh and thats funny you say 18 and 19 year olds are dumb... haha they may be immature, but most youth that I talk to are not niave. Your point means absolutely nothing

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

You are naive. Worse, you think you understand world affairs. Even worse, you have no real compassion.
You think this is all a game.
History is a great teacher, but you have to listen to the lesson. You talk when you should have been listening.
You will get your lesson soon enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Ya act like you know me based on two posts... good job buddy. I've been here longer than you, I'm the one that'll school naive dip#s like yourself. Maybe if I weren't so busy with work and cared I'd spend some time with a quality post. Eh, not gonna waste the effort on something towards someone I could care less about.

But if you need some help (which I know you do) I'd recommend going to safeway and picking up a box of these engl4620.files.wordpress.com...

Cheers

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
When are we going to just start dealing only with the women of hese countries, let's just ignore the Muslim world repression of women and start reaching out to Muslim women on moving towards world peace .. I am not a Muslim or a women...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join