It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien matter in the solar system: Our Solar System is different from the space just outside it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
well this is interesting to the idea that space is homogenious,

We’ve detected alien matter that came into our solar system from other parts of the galaxy--and, chemically speaking, it’s not exactly like what we find here at home.” says David McComas the principal investigator for IBEX at the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas.

Our solar system is surrounded by the heliosphere, a magnetic bubble that separates us from the rest of the Milky Way. Outside the heliosphere lies the realm of the stars or “interstellar space”; inside lies the sun and all the planets. The sun blows this vast magnetic bubble using the solar wind to inflate the sun’s own magnetic field. It’s a good thing: The heliosphere helps protect us from cosmic rays that would otherwise penetrate the solar system.

phys.org

this has implications to optics (optical physics is my personal favourite)
the evolution of stars and galaxies,

and could help probe ideas of where does oxygen come from,
why is our solar system different from our galaxy ect.

i will have to do some more reasurch but this looks like a big result for IBEX

if the medium is different around our helio bubble than inside it,
it could effect our distence calculations.

very interesting times in space sciences atm

will post more as this sinks in

xploder

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Interesting,

So Oxygen is not common in the Milkyway?

I am under the impression that our solar system was originally part of the Sagittarius. A ?

Could it be that Oxygen was more prominent in Sagittarius. A, and not so much in the Milkyway?

It wouldn't surprise me if aliens "trucked" in the Oxygen for our planets development, I am convinced that aliens at least 'altered' us genetically , if not totally engineered us from scratch.

Sorry to go off on one, and I won't ruin your thread with why I think this - but its a possible explanation

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
it almost seems that the more we learn, the closer we are getting to the idea, that we are just a teeny tiny cell in a giant bloodstream. Imagine the implications of this? our whole galaxy, is just a blood cell in a blood vessel, in an alien being, who has just found out that he is also in a galaxy, that is just like a blood vessel.

OMG. The implications.

I love these science videos from nasa!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Our Solar System most likely isn't native to the Milky Way to begin with. Interesting times indeed

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Already posted in the Science and Technology Forum a couple of weeks ago.

NASA Probe Discovers 'Alien' Matter From Beyond Our Solar System

I don't recall if it was posted in the Breaking Alternative News forum...if it's not posted there already you could have the mods move it there since they allow the same topic in BAN and one other forum. I didn't do a search though, you'll need to do that to see if it's already posted in BAN.

It looks like Physorg is a couple of weeks late on this.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

second time in two days

thanks a
mods if you want ot move or close
thanks xploder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
it almost seems that the more we learn, the closer we are getting to the idea, that we are just a teeny tiny cell in a giant bloodstream. Imagine the implications of this? our whole galaxy, is just a blood cell in a blood vessel, in an alien being, who has just found out that he is also in a galaxy, that is just like a blood vessel.

OMG. The implications.

I love these science videos from nasa!

I just read that... thought about it... now i have a headache, thats too much

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow..what if we ARE the only beings of divine origin?
Naaa,There's got to be others like us. Right?I reject dogmatic entrapments as I am able but these stories just keep kicking me back to God.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here!

Summary & comments by Dan Eden for Viewzone

Imagine the shock of growing up in a loving family with people you call "Mum" and "Dad" and then, suddenly, learning that you are actually adopted! This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

viewzone2.com...

Great article!

new topics

top topics

join