It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutiny in the Vatican

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The leaders of the christian faith are in turmoil. Not a good omen on what's in the near future for us christians. Already being tossed out of schools for expressing beliefs in Jesus. I'm in my early 40's. I grew up in a small town where nobody had to lock their doors. Everyone went to church, helped their neighbors. This is just wrong.
PBS

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yep .. just read this on a news feed. I'm not surprised at all.

From your source -

But they said the pope, at 84 and increasingly showing the signs of his age, is not eager to break in a new right-hand man. "It's so complicated and the pope is so helpless," said the monsignor. The bishop said: "The pope is very isolated. He lives in his own world and some say the information he receives is filtered. He is interested in his books and his sermons but he is not very interested in government."

'Lives in his own world' ... 'helpless' ... 'not interested in government'
- Catholic-eeze for - he's a tired old man who won't be here much longer and you won't miss him.
By reading the article you can see that the sharks are already circling.
The big 'safe' names like Arinze weren't mentioned.
Whoever the next pope is .. I'm betting he won't be a nice man.
I guess we'll see soon enough.

edit on 2/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: Typo

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Maybe you should ask yourself, "What happened to the churches?"

The modern day Catholic Church is nothing more than an organized crime unit that happens to have a entire country of their own where they can run to escape extradition and prosecution for their crimes. And some of the most despicable crimes know to humanity at that!

All I can say it that they should be glad that it wasn't one of my children that they chose to abuse, because if it were, they wouldn't have a leader to commit a mutiny against.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
The leaders of the christian faith are in turmoil. Not a good omen on what's in the near future for us christians. Already being tossed out of schools for expressing beliefs in Jesus. I'm in my early 40's. I grew up in a small town where nobody had to lock their doors. Everyone went to church, helped their neighbors. This is just wrong.
PBS

When has anyone been tossed out of school for a professed belief in Jesus Christ?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why would the Pope be interested in government? Mixing religion and politics is like mixing fire and gasoline...it doesn't help the people at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
PBS

Go back and re-read your post. The first and last sentences say it all. What's in the middle is indicatve of a person who is starting to see this for what it is. A currupt organization that is what it is because of its leaders. I have nothing against Catholics. I have everything however against the Catholic leaders.

They say that Benedict is out of touch with reality, but here we have most if not all of the Catholic heirarchy back biting and conspiring against one another just so they can get the pope THEY want. Never mind the fact that the pope is supposed to be the spokesperson for the 1.3 billion followers. They're ALL out of touch with reality.

I too am in my 40's. Grew up in a smallish town where no one had to lock their doors. We went to church and we helped EACH OTHER. And that's the key right there. The common man needs to get back to helping each other. Our leaders don't care about us. The article you linked should prove that. You wanna put your faith in God? That's fine. I hear he's a good guy. Just don't put your faith in the people who tell you every Sunday WHY you should put your faith in God. That's what is going to lead you to make posts like this where you're all concerned about the state of things.

If I put my faith in the people who run things.....I'd be worried too.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The corruption of church leaderships is widespread....
Fallwell, The catholic pedophelia cases... the story goes on and on....
Is it perhaps that the old adage about power corrupting men is true?
Throughout history we can see examples of just that....
The churches are easy prey for the psychopath....the criminal, the sexual deviant......
And in addition, there is lots of free money involved.......
There are countless cases of different denominational leaders involved in everything from real estate scams to even murder....
Think about it....
Who counts the money in the donation platter?
The opportunities get bigger with each rung of the ladder you go upwards in such organisations....
The better you are as a salesman, the bigger congrgation you get.....
The higher they allow you to proceed in the hierarchy.....
Its all pretty standard psychology really.....and you dont need a phd to figure it out.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why would the Pope be interested in government? Mixing religion and politics is like mixing fire and gasoline...it doesn't help the people at all.

Because Vatican City is it's own country and every country on this planet has a government. Vatican City isn't exempt from this, but it just so happens that their government is also a religion. And just so you know, the religion came first and somewhere down the line they decided to make a government out of it as well.

It sounds like you really don't know what's going on here. Unless your post was sarcasm.

www.prb.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

The main reason why people in developed countries are speaking out against the church these days is becasue they are starting to get more and more people behind them. The second link I posted shows a trend that the Catholic church has always abided by. Setting up shop in underdeveloped countries where the population is uneducated and underfed.

They use people for their own gain. They always have and they always will until we put a stop to them. They're evil.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Why would the Pope be interested in government?

Vatican City is a country.
The leader of a country really should be interested in government and governing .. don't you think?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
He didn't have any problem talking about world government back n 2009...

Pope Calls for “World Political Authority”

“There is urgent need of a true world political authority,” Benedict wrote in the 30,000-word encyclical, calling for “reform of the United Nations Organization, and likewise of economic institutions and international finance, so that the concept of the family of nations can acquire real teeth.” Benedict described what a powerful world government with teeth would look like: “Such an authority would need to be universally recognized and to be vested with the effective power to ensure security for all.” He added: “Obviously it would have to have the authority to ensure compliance with its decisions from all parties” — that is, nations. At best, Benedict is proposing a global federation that would improve upon the U.S. Constitution’s checks and balances. “Such an authority would need to be regulated by law, to observe consistently the principles of subsidiarity,” Benedict says.

www.thenewamerican.com...

new topics

top topics

join