It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF AIRMAN KILLED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
An RAF Airman was killed today during a patrol to interact with local population by small arms fire in the western dashte area of Nad Ali district of Helmand province.

I just want to show my appriciation to not just this man but to all who sacrafice there life for other's, Im sure as all deaths hit hard in the ranks im sure this one really hits hard. My thoughts are with the family at this time. God bless and rest in peace. Always remembered not just by who knew them but by many that know the sacrafice made and are thankfull.

source
edit on 13-2-2012 by intuitive because: source

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sad if true...do you have a source link....

ETA: Thank You for the link. My heart goes out to his Family. Our politicians should be ashamed of themselves for they are the root cause of his death.

Des
edit on 13-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That's very sad to hear.

My condolences to his nearest and dearest.

I often think about the soldiers in unpopular wars, and how easy it is to forget what they are doing after a matter of time, and that they didn't make the wars, because ultimately the politicians and the electorate did.
edit on 13-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
sorry people, just edited and added source,

Yes i suppose it is easy to forget the people who actually fight the war and the things they give up and people they leave behind, For many reasons people join but NOT ONE starts the war yet they are often victimised and take the full force and punishment for somebody else's choice. While people slate them, Im sorry but if it wasnt for them being there im sure things would be very diffrent on homesoil. And after they do leave thats when the lifelong battle begins. The "do gooders" dont think about that. But this a thread to remember i dont want to get into this discussion in here im sure you understand.

edit on 13-2-2012 by intuitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What was the RAF doing foot patroling?
Was he a bomb tech?
Thouhg i regret his loss, i find the fact the RAF was out in the boonies in helmand intriguing.....
Perhaps a air to ground man?
By the way your wording seems to indicate the patrol was out to interact with the locals by ground fire......

top topics

join