Bin Laden told children 'live in peace in the West'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Slain Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden urged his children to go live peacefully in the West and get a university education, his brother-in-law said in an interview published Sunday

"He told his own children and grandchildren, 'Go to Europe and America and get a good education,'" al-Sadah told the Sunday Times.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Hmmm doesn't sound like someone who wanted to commit terror world-wide and cause the utter demise of the U.S.. Yet someone who was simply tired of US intervention in his country and wanted them to feel the wrath, even if for only one day, that his region has suffered over many decades.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not defending Bin Laden but what exactly are we doing every single day over there? Pretty sure we blow stuff up on a weekly basis killing hundreds of innocent people but yet we are not terrorists? #ing joke is all it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have my doubts as to if he really said this. He certainly might have and may have been a caring family man as well as a terrorist leader, but I still have my doubts after reading the rest of the article.

What it seems to me is that the brother -in-law is actually the caring family man here. He sees his sister, nieces and nephews living in conditions that he wishes wee better and is trying to create a sympathetic story that will lead to a better life for his family.

This is the first time that I am hearing about the conditions that the family is living in. I'm sure the condiditons could be better, and perhaps they should be allowed to leave and live on their own. I dont know if they had any involvement in bin Laden's plans or any link to alQaeda though.

Bin LAden loving family man? quite possibly.
Brother-in-law wanting to see his sister and family live better lives? Most definitely.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Its a war, kid. Wake up and grow up.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Correct. However it is not where you think.

The war is domestic and we are losing to multi-nationals.

There was no boogeyman before our "leaders" made us afraid of one.

Bin Laden is the only thing in recent history marketed better than an Apple product.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You people are absolute nut cases. Now you defend Bin Laden.

Terrorists. Plain and simple. No other reason you would try defending this scum.

To be intellectually honest here, I have not seen any one (all 3 people so far) defending bin Laden the terrorist.
Does his family deserve the same fate as he? or do they deserve better?

What he did was horribly tragic and the live that he lived was as well.

No one is defending him (yet...)

How about comment on the subject matter of the thread instead of attacking and insulting other members?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You people are absolute nut cases. Now you defend Bin Laden.

Terrorists. Plain and simple. No other reason you would try defending this scum.

No defending on my behalf, just pointing out how he may have felt; IF he truly said/wrote this.

Lots of people on ATS don't believe Bin-Laden orchestrated the 9/11 attacks because it was never listed as one of his convicted crimes on the FBI Most Wanted list, but since he took pride in it and did not deny it. I believe he is just as guilty as the perpetrators and deserved to die without a trial/jury/judge.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
people think 9/11 was such a tragedy. that was just a small taste of what happens in other countries all the time because of us. but it's OK if we do it, since we're not in the receiving end.

lol

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

whos war tho ?... am sick of people saying 'our boys are doing us proud out there' what are they doing out there ? there not defending us from threats as the threat is already in the uk/usa. its a war they are fighting for the goverment not us.. but the blind people of this world suck up the media n goverment bulls##t as always...
9/11 was prob an inside job for the goverments to finsh off the job they couldnt do last time..

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Not that I support Bin Laden in any way, but you're brainwashed if you think it is just to be bombing and slaying humans in other nations under the guise of "the war on terror".

Originally posted by Enryl
people think 9/11 was such a tragedy. that was just a small taste of what happens in other countries all the time because of us. but it's OK if we do it, since we're not in the receiving end.

lol

Who attacked whom and started this war?

And dont give me your brainwashed conspiracy theories about how its an intricate plot to prop up the Jewish banking system.

Also, the "terrorists" of 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia, not Iraq or Afghanistan.
edit on 13-2-2012 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It's a war against the wrong people.
Didn't the US government say it was 19 Saudi terrorists ?

Did they invade Saudi Arabia ?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I believe that he quite possibly could've been a family man to his own family. Whether you wanted to see him as just the cold ruthless killer, his family was just that: His family. His blood. They were "true Muslims" to him and so of course he would love and support them. Situations are what affect people. He got all high and mighty after we got involved during the Gulf War in '91. That situation drove him to be a ruthless killer because he quite frankly wanted us out of his business and out of the middle eastern land. But when he was with his family, that situation was not rough. He was free to be nothing more than a man. A man in a situation with his family is of course going to be in the least loving. I'm not supporting what he did or any of his actions over the years of his life because he WAS a cold killer, but I think it's plausible that he would've wanted the best for his family.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Nothing that you have posted so far has been to the tonality of this thread. You've done nothing but bash other members and bleet out like a sheep. If all you're going to do is bash us all then I suggest you leave before I get a mod in here after you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join