It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing with closed eyes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Haha, i can relate with the synchronocity. When i came back to the thread, i was listening to Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Probably one of the most talented bands on the face of the planet for sure.

But yeah, it would be much more useful if i could show you guys what im talking about. But all you'd really have to do is look at our history or look at the blatantly obvious symbols in our time now.

Kanye Wests video for Power is ridiculous in its symbolism. The dudes wearing a golden Horus chain. WTF is a black guy interested in that for? You could just say "Kanye likes egyptian things?"

But i doubt the # out of that.

Even the word illuminati has a new meaning for me. Their literal translation of the meaning for that word is: "To see in the illuminated fashion". Sound familiar anyone? (seeing with the eyes closed, everything is illuminated). Or enlightenment in the sense of knowing where we came from and what we're capable of.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My experience of this phenomenon goes back several years. In a completely dark environment, with my eyes closed, usually at night in bed, never the less I can clearly see my hand moving in front of my face. I can even see areas of the room too. My theory is that the retina is not just sensitive to optical light. My theory is that the retina is also sensitive in other areas of the electromagnetic spectrum, but that usually such radionically periferal perceptions are blotted out by our main sensitivity being in the optical region. Similar like as during the day we cannot see stars in the sky, but at night the stars are clearly visible.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I still dont know how its possible to see through the eyelids like that though. In order to see you need visible light to reflect onto your retina. But without that visible light how is vision possible?

Could it be that what we're all seeing is a different kind of energy other than visible light that penetrates your eyelids and therefore creates the reflection on your retina?

Theres gotta be some research done on this subject, seems a lot of people are capable of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sometimes when I close my eyes I see swirls of colors (mostly purple and green).. I don't want to see it anymore but it comes and goes randomly.. I've recently been seeing text and objects when I close my eyes.. It usually happens when I think I'm in a deep sleep then all of a sudden I would see flashes of objects then I would wake. Does this happen to anyone?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NateMcCloud

You are beginning to see beyond the normal human eyesight thing. this is called the "Third Eye." I learned a long time ago that they eyes are not always to be trusted, and that words are the worst purveyors of truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Is there any way I can stop this from happening?
I'm having a very hard time falling asleep because of this

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sammi2010
Is there any way I can stop this from happening?
I'm having a very hard time falling asleep because of this

I'm convinced that what you see is the emanations of your own aura. One way to stop it is to smoke at least a pack of cigarettes per day, drink a lot of alcohol, eat a LOT of junk food and watch at least 4 hours of tv every day.

Seriously, never do that. I also sometimes see the same colors.
edit on 6-12-2010 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nigeddie
It is so scary. I was sleepin and i think i woke up or i was half awake and half sleeping. But i wasn't sure if i was awake or dreaming. I was still in my bed and i can see dark figues standing around my bed.The thing was i was completely paralyzed. I tried to move and yell but nothing came out. This lasted less than a minute. I dont know if my eyes were open or not. I was really scared. Then i woke up and saw nothing just me in my bed. So i didnt know if i was just dreaming or not. OR if my eyes were open or closed. I did some research and said i had sleep paralysis which occurs to people with lots of stress. This occured only a couple times. If you get it , its so freaky. let me know if anyone has gotten this before
I don't have sleep paralysis but I want to know. Did these paralyzing feelings feel like rigmortis and was the feelings of being paralyzed extremely painful in your arms, limbs etc? Did you feel like you were leaving your body and being forced back into it? Please answer me >333 Cause yeah.... I might have had one similiar experience except it was one massive dark human like figure beside me.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Rishiana because: Grammar errors, adding more to the paragraph

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I sometimes get this aswell. It's something that has only started to happen to me in the recent months and it's only happened maybe 4 or 5 times. I close my eyes but I can still see the room. Not clearly, but I can make out the objects and furniture through what seems like some sort of haze. Very strange indeed.
edit on 6-12-2010 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateMcCloud
Sometimes, when I'm really sleepy, I'll close my eyes...but still be able to see as if they were open. What's happening? Is it astral projection?

Good thread, same go's for me I can see my hands in the dark with my eyes shut, sometimes shapes and objects, as shadows as hard as I close my eyes and this in a pitch black room without any light.
edit on 6-12-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NateMcCloud

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's kind of freaky.

Here's an interesting phenomenon to consider: ever seen a person sleep walking? I've seen a person get out of bed, go into the kitchen, and make a sandwhich; with their eyes completely closed (and seemingly talking to somebody). The funny part is they didn't even eat the sandwhich: just dropped everything and went back to bed.

I'm thoroughly convinced that somehow the human brain is able to observe its surroundings without using the eyes. It could be something to do with memory. Photographic memory, perhaps.
edit on 6-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

More to do with perception, energy waves. I take it the more energetic you are the more you can sense.
To me It's simple the mind is an eye, it would explain how we can see in our dreams ? the brain makes the motion picture , not the eyes. I can even dream in color and get a clear picture of my dream.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

The fact that we can see in our dreams indicates that the eyes have less to do with vision than it would seem.

I'm wondering if maybe the brain can "hear" waves, but without using the ears; and also "see" waves, without using the eyes. Very interesting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join