It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Last summer I started having a severe pain in the lower right side of my stomach area. At first I thought I had pulled a muscle...but soon realized it was internal pain from one one my organs.

I went to the doctor and he ordered some ultra sounds...and it turned out that I had a gallstone. They said it was nothing to worry about...that a lot of people have gallstones.

Last Monday....I was in horrible pain most of the night...I almost went to the emergency room...but decided to go into see my doctor instead...even though I didn't have an appointment...they saw me within a few minutes.

The doctor came in and examined me...consulted with another doctor...and they said that unless I wanted to continue in more pain (periodically) I needed to have gallbladder surgery and have my gallbladder removed.

I really don't like the idea of having to have surgery.

So...my ATS friends...have any of you had gallbladder surgery? What was it like and what was your recovery time.

Also...can anyone suggest how maybe I can save my gallbladder and not have the surgery.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wish you good luck with your surgery, brother.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
I wish you good luck with your surgery, brother.

Thank you...but I am a woman...so I would be a sister...(lol).

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
your answer lies here with my instant organ replacers in USC KECK in Hazard Park.
they use my brain to take out organs and replace them.
get this word around so others may live, EHYEH ASHER EHYEH
edit on 13-2-2012 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of your pain. So, your doctor has recommend that you should have your gallbladder removed, but it's not an emergency? Try taking some advice from this guy first, if you can.

For the first five days, take four glasses of apple juice every day. Or eat four or five apples, whichever you prefer. Apple juice softens the gallstones. During the five days, eat normally.
On the sixth day, take no dinner.
At 6 PM , take a teaspoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) with a glass of warm water.
At 8 PM , repeat the same. Magnesium sulphate opens the gallbladder ducts.
At 10 PM , take half cup olive oil (or sesame oil) with half cup fresh lemon juice. Mix it well and drink it. The oil lubricates the stones to ease their passage.
The next morning, you will find green stones in your stools. "Usually they float," Chiu Nan notes. "You might want to count them. I have had people who passes 40, 50 or up to 100 stones. Very many." "Even if you don't have any symptoms of gallstones, you still might have some. It's always good to give your gall bladder a clean-up now and then. PASS THIS AND YOU MAY HELP OTHERS!"

www.earthclinic.com...

Here's another good one.
www.thegallstone.net...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hi caladonea, I wish you all the best with your impending surgery.

I never had real gallbladder problems but I am familiar with kidney stones, they hurt like hell.
So I also wish you get enough painkillers, no use in having pain if the cause is already known.
I keep my fingers crossed for you

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo
your answer lies here with my instant organ replacers in USC KECK in Hazard Park.
they use my brain to take out organs and replace them.
get this word around so others may live, EHYEH ASHER EHYEH
edit on 13-2-2012 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

I am not sure if you are making a joke...or really trying to help me. I am somewhat confused by your post.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

No..it is not an emergency...and hopefully it won't be. Thank you for the information; I appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Thank you for your support. Pain killers...yes I just may need some...probably will. I am not looking forward to the surgery and also I am wondering if it will really help.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I would have the surgery as soon as possible.My daughter
had this problem and her gallbladder was so bad it damaged
her pancreas.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Good advice! Always try natural methods for curing ills that are caused by diet. I have a good friend who had her gallbladder removed in her 30s. Anytime she eats too much fat, she gets sick (nausea, diarrhea). The gallbladder is a holding tank for bile, and without it, bile dumping can occur in your digestive system, causing you to have to run to the bathroom after every meal.

Doctors like surgeries because they pay well. But you might want to consider cleaning up your diet, because the liver becomes overwhelmed having to constantly produce bile which would have been stored by the gallbladder. Plus, you can get liver stones. Better to get at the root of the problem than resorting to going under the knife first.

Just my 6 cents (adjusted for inflation). Best of luck either way!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You're welcome. Just yesterday, I was having some pain and I was thinking about how naughty I've been, eating fatty foods and consuming too much alcohol. So, I went out and bought a big jug of apple juice and and fresh ginger. I dice the ginger and boil the heck out of it, I like a strong tea, and then add the apple juice and cinnamon sticks. It's really refreshing and the ginger is a wonderful blood cleanser.

Good luck, hope you get better.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Surgery itself is nothing to be fearful of. They give you some good stuff to relax you then you are out like a light. You will wake up amazed that you even had surgery and it's all over.

As for pain, you will be given medication to deal with that. Wishing you well and a fast recovery.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

don't want to frighten you dear but you really really might want a 2nd and 3rd opinion

Chop Shop Hospitals:Cutting for Fun, Profits, and Giggles: Surgically Removing the Appendix, Tonsils, and Spleen
healthwyze.org...

(Reprinted from issue 3 of Naturally Good Magazine.)

According to the World Health Organization, the United States is ranked 38th in life expectancy, indicating that its standard medical practices are inferior to Cuba, South Korea, Costa Rica, Guadeloupe, Singapore, and 31 other nations. The U.S. system of medicine is only slightly superior to the Czech Republic and Slovenia, despite the U.S. spending approximately 16% of its total expenditures every year for health related expenses. Standard medicine in the U.S. is the world's most expensive, and yet it is among the least safe.

Creating Dependence For Repeat Customers

There are plenty of medical procedures which are both unnecessary and dangerous. With most of them, a complete recovery is eventually possible provided that the patient steps away from the medical establishment, and begins taking care of his own health.

There are, however, three very common surgical operations which make recovery to perfect health practically impossible, as well as limiting the effectiveness of future health therapies. These procedures leave their victims forever dependent on a system that is concerned primarily with ever-increasing profits. These barbaric procedures cripple the immune system, making it unlikely that patients will ever be able to fully live healthy lives, and the establishment has misled us through its media influences into believing that random organ dysfunctions are unexplainable, normal, and incurable without surgical removal. With truly neanderthal-like logic, they have perpetuated a belief that some organs simply become "bad", and that the best solution is hacking them out with knives. Society will someday mock these procedures in the same way that it now mocks other dated medical techniques, such as blood letting.

why is ultrasound not an option?

How to remove gallstones - naturally, without surgery
Here is a simple way to remove gallstones naturally, without surgery – and without the risk of having your entire gall bladder removed, which is what often happens.

During surgery, doctors very often discover that the condition of the gall bladder is too serious, and they decide there and then to remove all of it.

This is a classic example of what I call kiasu medicine – doctors treating patients excessively just to be on the safe side, except that they call it preventive medicine, which sounds good.

Meanwhile, the patient is unconcious and he or she cannot do anything to stop it. The person wakes up from surgery a few hours later to discover that he or she has permanently lost the gall bladder – a vital body organ. More than one person I know have had this happen to them.

www.natural-cancer-cures.com...

just google gallbladder stones natural remedy and variations

don't let yourself have anything cut out of you just like that

also you need to identify what's in your diet thats promoting stone formation

good luck and may you get better

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have had the surgery. It was laproscopic, so there were just 3 small incisions in my stomach. I spent one night at the hospital and went home the next day. Recovery was a breeze. I feel SO much better! I was having miserable attacks any time I would eat anything with fat in it.

Originally posted by caladonea
Last summer I started having a severe pain in the lower right side of my stomach area.

Do you mean right beneath the ribcage? Because that's where the GB is. If it's in your lower abdomen, it would be something else.

In the meantime, eat a low-fat diet. Google Gall bladder diet. I tried eating beets and everything else. But in the end, I had stones and I was miserable (it got worse as time went on), so I had the surgery. Glad I did.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That procedure is called "band-aid" surgery, routine, a couple of little slits in your abdomen. 'Good as new in two days. Maybe even out-paitent surgery in your area.

Scared of any surgery, then live with the pain. It is your choice.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i'd try the apple juice lemons and oil first .

define surgery_

The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of injury, deformity, and disease by manual and instrumental means. 2. A surgical operation ...

not necessarily nice i agree

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I went through this with my husband.

He had a lot of problems but they also sent him home before the anesthesia wore off (lesson:dont be the last surgery of the day when staff is trying to leave)

Also like others have mentioned, he has trouble eating certain foods.

Now whether the natural remedy will work really depends on the size of the stones and how many there are. If they are huge, you are not going to be able to get rid of them, In the case of my husband, he was chock full, they called his gall bladder pebble beach. So natural therapy wouldn't work there. He had 3 that were the size of quarters. your not going to be able to pass those.

new topics

top topics

join