It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of Freemasonry Seen in the Reflection of a Mirror - What do you see?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Come into the light and reveal the secrets if they are true. Why put your light under a bushel? What is there to hide?

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Matthew 7:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Matthew 6:6

Again, it reduces to the root truth. If the prayer is for the will of God to be done or an intercessory prayer for another, then we are seeking and giving. This is not ritual magic. This is condoned in the Bible as a way to speak to the one God of creation.

The quote of Paul would agree with my side of the argument. If Paul were here now, he would tell you that he was slamming the Pagans by using their own mystery school slogan against them. A Mason would say no to this. He would say that Paul was a mystic. The only way to know this is to rightly divide truth. We accomplish this by following the Seven Rules of Hillel. Context and association are the means to resolve truth. Paradox is resolved by finding the excluded middle.

Going back to the Egyptian tradition, the Masons would already know that hermeneutics is derived from the Hermetic tradition of sealing truth hermetically. Hillel derived his wisdom from this same root knowledge of Hermes (Thoth / Enoch). What else did Enoch have to say on the subject of demon influence? He sides with me on the subject. LINK

There are prophets who God allows to receive knowledge and there are those who seek to take knowledge. Giving and taking are always the key dividers between good and evil.

What truth is sealed and how long is it sealed? We know this fact from Hermes. It is sealed until the time of the end when men need the information to know the choice that should be made.

That time is now.

edit on 13-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I would rather read something that has not been changed so many times out of convenience (please research Council of Nicaea), so when I take the Bible as a reference, I take it with an open mind and a pinch of salt, sorry mate.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Does it not somewhere say that ..." Nobody knows the time and the hour!" just asking???

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower

I would rather read something that has not been changed so many times out of convenience (please research Council of Nicaea), so when I take the Bible as a reference, I take it with an open mind and a pinch of salt, sorry mate.

Your entire belief system hinges on Hermes. Hermetic knowledge is hermetically sealed. The Masons define this by linguistic study of every inch of scripture. Your ritual is based on the derived knowledge that you see in the linguistics. Are the Lodges wrong in study of changed text? Was Hermes wrong?

The scripture is not changed enough to miss the thread of what it says. We now have copies of the Hebrew Matthew. The only changes are minimal and obvious from context association. One example.

1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

If we go back to the Hebrew Matthew and verify, the top verse says something far different.

Change it to what it was supposed to say. "3 So you must be careful to do everything he tells you."

Clever little slip there in the Greek. We already know that Jesus would have never said to follow them. He was saying to follow Moses. Again, we now have the tools and texts to know that scripture is what it claims to be. Where there is a paradox, context tells the truth. We also know that the overall picture is clear as crystal.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Does it not somewhere say that ..." Nobody knows the time and the hour!" just asking???

The season, year, month is possible. It goes on to say that we should be constantly looking.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My own reading on the end days comes from several sources. Context is seen from each that relates directly to the overall picture of the coming judgment.

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3

"Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

Take another look at the third day to raise the temple above. Jesus died and was raised at the end of the second Age of the Son. Three days later, we arrive at the next week on the calendar of God. The Temple is once again raised.

The third way to calculate is related to Mathew 24. The key verse we need is found by knowing that the fig tree is the nation of Israel:

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Jesus said that “this generation” that sees Israel become a nation will not pass away. A generation is 72.222 years. If the generation is still alive, then we can safely know that the Lord will return sometime before the generation passes. Assuming that 70 years is a Hebrew generation, we can simply do the math. 1948 plus 70 equals 2018. Take the seven years of tribulation away from 2018 and you get 2012. For reasons I will not go into here, I believe that Psalms 111-118 represent 2011-2018. The key Psalm is 115, when the Antichrist breaks the peace and tries to reign over the Earth. As all of this is a mystery, I will only give my opinion on the matter. We will only know for sure after we look back and connect the dots. For now, it's still a mystery. Hallel Psalms WIKI

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Based on what I said above on the Hallel Psalms, listen to 115. Do we hear paganism condemned?

LISTEN

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Look I will not argue with you on Bible Verses, though I can tell you something about linguistics (I am a fluent speaker and writer of five: English, German, Italian, Romanian and French), linguistics have a lot to do with speech and sound ( I have never ever had the need to study Grammar in any of the above languages!), adoption of sound has to do with adoption of vibrations and waves by the brain, some people are more prone and talented which comes along with your genetic makeup (DNA). You can use your voice to change the vibrations for good or for evil, so this is why we all can be powerful and change the world for the better. This is the power of prayers, thought materialized. This is why laughing is so good and beneficial for all people, so keep smiling and be happy.
And now I need to go to my cauldron and cook some dinner

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The season, year, month is possible. It goes on to say that we should be constantly looking.

Then, listen to the victory. LISTEN Notice the verse below:

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The LORD has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.

Who are the builders and what did they reject? Christ. He is the capstone.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

We're not so much divided by our individual Grand Lodge's independence as you would think. We still hold mutual recognition, but IMO the smallest form of government governs best.

Freemasons, through there members, serve the community; we serve to help those who need it - the destitute, the sick. I've talked about on other threads the various charities of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry does not seek to subvert the government, we are charged to be good citizens.

Our rites are not to "find the Spirit" as we're not a religion.

I was charitable and philanthropic before I joined Masonry, but it was one of a few reasons that I did join. We do not say we are the singular pathway for good works such as charity, we're just a path.

Works do not save the soul. Faith in God saves the soul. The fruit of faith is the work.

Faith alone does not save the soul and works are required. Freemasonry negates neither of these points.

Freemasonry raises money on its own accord to give to those who need it and you call them bad for it? They tell each man to worship as he sees fit, and encourages moral rectitude.
edit on 13-2-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Look I will not argue with you on Bible Verses, though I can tell you something about linguistics (I am a fluent speaker and writer of five: English, German, Italian, Romanian and French), linguistics have a lot to do with speech and sound ( I have never ever had the need to study Grammar in any of the above languages!), adoption of sound has to do with adoption of vibrations and waves by the brain, some people are more prone and talented which comes along with your genetic makeup (DNA). You can use your voice to change the vibrations for good or for evil, so this is why we all can be powerful and change the world for the better. This is the power of prayers, thought materialized. This is why laughing is so good and beneficial for all people, so keep smiling and be happy.
And now I need to go to my cauldron and cook some dinner

In your earlier post, you stated that there is doubt in what the Bible says. If you would allow me, I could end that thought from the root of the linguistics. Go back to the proto-Cannanite, which is Phoenician. This is Abraham's language of early Hebrew. When God added a 'Hey' to his name, he went from Abram to Abraham. Hey, in Phoenician, means behold a great work. Take a look at YHVH in Phoenician and we get Vav (Nail) and Yud (Hand). "Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail."

Now go to the overall story and use the context of the Bible to see the context of the 22 Hebrew letters. Agra Bio Linguistics

If you are a Mason, enjoy how God did the building of the World with a Shepherd's Crook. The Lamed - Word / WorLd

Need more? The Difference between Glass and Ceramic

How about the atomic structure of Carbon (666), Nitrogen (777) and Oxygen (888). Fruit of Knowledge and 666 (Carbon) If you are a Mason who enjoys Gematria, 777 is God's number and the number of completion. 888 is Jesus in Greek. Nitrogen and Oxygen are what we use to share a good Word of truth.

If God can do this, can he Hermetically seal Enoch's prophecy and the Bible's truth?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Faith alone does not save the soul and works are required. Freemasonry negates neither of these points.

Freemasonry raises money on its own accord to give to those who need it and you call them bad for it? They tell each man to worship as he sees fit, and encourages moral rectitude.

I am certain that there are Masons (Builders) who do not reject the Chief Cornerstone of Christ. Faith is unto salvation. Faith apart from works is dead. All true. This is not the point. The point is ritual magic, subversion of law and taking from nature in greed. Are the Masons responsible for the last half of evil in my comments here? Not entirely. We can both agree on their implication to the societies who seek to subvert truth. We find this in the church as well. What binds us? This is the question.

What do ritual and oath bind us to here?

Mathew 18:18

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Come out of Egypt would be my advice.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Works do not save the soul.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Revelation 20:12

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Clearly, they do good work for others on the outside of the Temple. Does the inside of the cup reflect this?

Sure does.

You do realize that the Masonic symbols are stamped on all the buildings and cornerstones in DC. There are 40 lodges in this one city alone. Washington was a Mason.

But he did not design the city. Originally it was designed by L'Enfant who is debated whether he was a Mason, plus he was fired for his actions and fled with the designs whereupon Ellicot and Bannacker from memory redrew it. The use of the grid squares came from Jefferson (not a Mason - suspected, but no record exists). If you lay a radial design on a grid square you're going to see weird shapes.

DC has a large population and holds many more than its actual residence in a single day. The reason for numerous Lodges could range from the need for different meeting times to suit work and life. Location for ease of meetings. Lodges don't need to be big, in fact smaller ones are better managed. And many more reasons

Even the measurements of the Statue of Liberty in NY are masonic representations of symbolic numbers.

What numbers are those?

Where can we go to see a town that was not a product of the craft? Salt Lake? Nope!

Salt Lake has a beautiful Scottish Rite building.

I am certain that there are Masons (Builders) who do not reject the Chief Cornerstone of Christ.

I am extremely certain of that as not every Mason is Christian. I am.

The point is ritual magic, subversion of law and taking from nature in greed.

Nothing of which applies to Masonry.

What do ritual and oath bind us to here?

In Masonry, it binds us to keep our word. I gave my word to God to keep my word. To break this would be an offense to God.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

But WHO is God??? And I bet we all including Enoch, Jesus, the Freemasons, you and me, yes even Atheists have descriptions appropriate to our believes and first or second hand experiences of WHAT he is, still the question hangs right there above our heads, or else we would not be here to have conversation.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I do apologize guys should I have insulted somebody here with my always questioning, agnostic, I know that I know nothing - attitude.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

As an aggregate of production, what is the Masonic tradition doing to build America? A debt of 15 Trillion represent magic applied to law.

The cause of the debt cannot be laid onto the Masons. To say this just proves your irrationality.

And of course, being a non-American, of what relevance is the U.S. national debt to me? And more importantly, what fault? The primary shortcoming I see so often on ATS is that all the faults and virtues laid at the doorstep of Freemasonry revolve around the southern part of the North American continent. A bit myopic IMHO

Fitz

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Every man goes out into the world to better it.

Not true. The vast majority do but the sad truth is that there's a small minority for whom notability by whatever means the goal. And it's so much easier to leave another stain than to have lightened the world's existing stain.

I am not a Mason and I feed the hungry each week. I do all the good works that represent the fruit of my faith. Works do not save the soul.

In and of themselves, no they don't. Charitable works done for their own sake with no expectation of acknowledgement are of the highest order. Ultimately, one's faith alone should be what propels good works to be done. However, selflessness doesn't come easily to all. If membership and a moral reminder from a second source accomplish what should've happened for one's central faith alone, is that really cause to gainsay the second source?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

But WHO is God??? And I bet we all including Enoch, Jesus, the Freemasons, you and me, yes even Atheists have descriptions appropriate to our believes and first or second hand experiences of WHAT he is, still the question hangs right there above our heads, or else we would not be here to have conversation.

We have the evidence from the truth that makes itself plain to see in nature. When you can find a scripture that mirrors nature, claims to be the origin of it and then predicts the future for us to see, evidence is there. No other book can do this besides the Bible. From this knowledge, we then derive the main points that God intends for us to see. Faith and Love are the root. From faith and love, the rest is merely commentary on how to proceed along the path of fulfilling the law. The law is fulfilled when we love others as ourselves. Masons do this well in many cases. The problem is not in the faith or works. The problem is in binding ourselves to an oath of Craft and ritual magic. The doors of the temple are then flung open for any spirit who wants to occupy the opening. We both know this to be true if we have studied mysticism to any degree. Confirming the fact is as easy as opening the Word of God to find the truth. Evidence is by practice. Confucius said it this way. "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

There is no need for us to argue over this. Simply take my perspective and keep it tucked away. I have done the same with Freemasonry as I study. One of us will need the true version soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

God cannot be described in human terms, so there is no point in asking. We go wrong the minute we try to describe God. That is precisely the reason so many religions frown upon creating an image of god, or even saying the name of their god. The minute we give a god some shape, or form, or definition, we simultaneously limit the god in some ways, and therefore our portrayal is immediately inaccurate and possibly even offensive.

We understand things in human terms. 3 dimensions, linear time, cause and effect, etc., etc. BUT, mathematically we know many more dimensions are possible, and indescribable, and inconceivable to most human minds.

So, my solution? I never question the existence of God. Not in the slightest way, but I also accept the fact that I'll never understand God in the slightest way, and I don't bother wondering about it. I also do not "worship" God, because what would be the point of that? In my opinion, anything ever written, said, assumed, or even imagined about God is completely inaccurate. Instead, I concern myself with natural things. Things that seem self-evident. Things that seem common throughout humanity and pervasive in all religions, and apparent even to children.

There is no question for me about "Who is God." God is God. That's enough for me. I am personally 100% certain God exists. God has had influence in my life, God has put thoughts into my head, God has led me, guided me, rewarded me, and chided me. Sometimes gently, sometimes harshly. God exists. In what manner, form, or name is irrelavent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join