It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pirate Bay Says Goodbye to (Most) Torrents on February 29

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Are these guys still in prison?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Its a HASH code which is probably a magnet link and you enter it into torrent, i am still getting the hang of it, will try to figure out.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

the link you posted won't load but clicking the magnet link directly in firefox opens the open with dialog
you can also try associating magnet links with your torrent client

How To Download Magnet Links

Downloading Magnet Links Without Trackers!
[also shows how to add a magnet from a url [or text-link] it's the same in windows

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That is totally the last straw!

STOP this earth, I want off!

Why was I born on a planet that wont even let me have any kind of freedom! They took away our right to fresh water, clean air, wholesome food..and NOW, they are taking away my PirateBay? Nooooooo

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Why was I born on a planet that wont even let me have any kind of freedom!

Hmmm...dear. I had attempted to avoid responding this way but you leave me no choice: Because there is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
TheLocalBay

Download it at your own risk, I will not be held responsible if it damages your machine (although I give my word it's perfectly clean). If you don't trust me then simply don't download it.

The application should let you search your local TPB magnet archive (it will only work with ThePirateBay magnet archive). It's still a little bit slow, but still seems to be much more efficient than using Notepad++ or something similar.

It's very simple to use, and doesn't really need much explanation. The results are listed according to 2 main things - the number of words in the title that match your search terms, and the number of seeders.

Due to the way I coded it, the more words that you include in the search, the longer it will take to complete the search - although it will list every single torrent that has even one matching word.

Here are some rough estimations on how long the searches should takes, based on how long it was taking for me. If you have an old computer these times may be a bit longer.

2 words - 5 to 30 seconds
3 words - .5 to 2 minutes
4 words - 1 to 5 minutes
5 words - 2 to 10 minutes

Post any feature suggestions or bug reports on this thread. Anyway, I'm probably going to get some sleep in a moment so hopefully it works smoothly for anyone who wants to give it a go now.
edit on 14-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
That is totally the last straw!

STOP this earth, I want off!

Why was I born on a planet that wont even let me have any kind of freedom! They took away our right to fresh water, clean air, wholesome food..and NOW, they are taking away my PirateBay? Nooooooo

Yeah sucks huh? All you evil music downloaders ... your days are numbered

They are coming for you... they will send in SWAT kick in your door scare your kids...

And get a medal for it

Utah “Strike Force” Honored for Copyright Raids
www.theagitator.com...

The jails are going to be over flowing

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
People can share torrents without host websites now anyway, the only way to really stop peer to peer sharing would be to shut down the internet.

Don't you worry your pretty little head about that, they're working hard on it every day.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
magnets - how do they work?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Its a HASH code which is probably a magnet link and you enter it into torrent, i am still getting the hang of it, will try to figure out.

www.instantfundas.com...

The archive contains the hash of the .torrent file and not the magnet link structure. You just need to put magnet:?xt=urn:btih: before this value.

For example, if the hash is: 5316391aed813d4283178dce2b95c8ad56c5be72

The magnet link becomes: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5316391aed813d4283178dce2b95c8ad56c5be72

Paste this into your browser’s address bar and hit enter. If your torrent client is configured as the default handler for torrent files, it will open and start downloading the torrent. You can also paste the magnet link directly into your torrent client.

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

hey pretty good app

shame you went to all that trouble though i found 2 freeware apps that can be used for opening large text files

Open large text files without application freezing
www.instantfundas.com...

Most text editors are incapable of handling text files that are hundreds of Megabytes in size. Attempting to open such files usually result in program freezing or crashing. If you regularly need to open huge log files or other text files, you have to turn to more reliable programs such as Large Text File Viewer or LogViewer.

having tried them both LogViewer wins hands down for speed however, every time you open it you need to wait 15 sec. as it is nagware, it can open text files up to 4gb

your app does let you see seeders and extra info though
edit on 14-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

shame you went to all that trouble though i found 2 freeware apps that can be used for opening large text files
Well it wasn't really much trouble, it's a very simple program actually. However my application is designed with features relevant to torrent searching and it isn't designed to open the magnet archive directly for viewing, it simply searches through it line by line for words that match your query. It also lists all the matches in one easy to read list, which is sorted in a relevant way. Just makes the whole process much easier in my opinion.

Anyway, I did one small update - the search algorithm now operates on a separate thread - meaning the application will no longer lock/freeze up while it's doing a search. Download it from the link below:

TheLocalBay

edit: I should also mention the requirements of this software before I forget.

REQUIREMENTS:
* Windows XP, Vista, 7
* .NET Framework 2.0 or higher

SCREENSHOT:

edit on 15-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

great job

yeah it seems to be working faster
the apps i posted can be used separately for simple browsing then

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just another update to my application. The file size is now shown as either kilobytes, megabytes or gigabytes depending on how large it is, instead of just showing it as bytes.

TheLocalBay

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Never mind. I'm using IsoBit now...

I'd forgotten about that one.

edit on CTuesdaypm000001f01America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join