It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the press-titutes have been turned on by the authorities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The british press - who has so long been at the centre of the deceit of the people in the UK - has finally been turned on by the UK authorities...

UK Press

Is this finally the official start of a government controlled and policed media?

Seems the puppet master has eventually decided to turn on his puppets...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GeordieLegend

So 10 or more people working for the "The Sun" have been arrested in what they are calling a "witch-hunt" and "the biggest police operation in British criminal history", and The Sun decides to write a story about it... aren't they breaking some sort of law just by writing this article? This is certainly interesting...

Their alleged crimes? To act as journalists have acted on all newspapers through the ages, unearthing stories that shape our lives, often obstructed by those who prefer to operate behind closed doors.

These stories sometimes involve whistleblowers. Sometimes money changes hands. This has been standard procedure as long as newspapers have existed, here and abroad.

I wonder what they were about to leak.. they are trying to come off as the innocent victim, but I think there must be something more to this story, something they've clearly left out of this article...
edit on 13-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GeordieLegend

Wait... I'm not clear, is there a stated reason for this that I am missing?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here's a less bias news report, giving more details about why they were arrested:

Related stories:

Sun's future queried as arrests mount
Sun arrests may mean big trouble for Murdoch in US
News Corp.’s Sun Rebels Over ‘Witch Hunt’

Apparently Murdoch has already fled to London.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thanks... clears that up... The Sun article comes off as a bit whiney in light of that info.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

Thanks... clears that up... The Sun article comes off as a bit whiney in light of that info.
I knew it was a load of cry baby nonsense the moment I read it, simply because it's one of those super large media corporations, there's no way the so called "puppet masters" would ever turn on them... so they were obviously busted red handed doing something they shouldn't have done, and now they are trying to talk their way out of it as usual. The fact that this is yet another part of the "Murdoch Empire" is also a dead give away that they are guilty. That guy will try to squirm his way out of anything. I hope his whole damn empire comes crumbling down.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Indeed, indeed. The lack of any real information was also very telling... I am still going to pay attention to see what they actually charge them with. Should be fun. I wonder if I can get Vegas to open some kind of line on this.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Phone hacking...bribery..arrests...things aren't looking too good for Rupert, are they? Could this be, dare I say it, the beginning of the end the Murdoch Empire? Nah, probably not, but it's worth dreaming of....

Btw..much thanks for posting this. Made my day.

new topics

top topics

join