It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen continent! Europe's rivers, lakes and even seas are iced over

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
That doesn't look much different than every winter here in Michigan. I live on a lake and even though it's been warm, we've still had the usual ice fisherman and ice boats out.

I was thinking the same thing about Minnesota.

The pictures look like a typical winter for us here. Although this winter has been very mild, and I am loving it.!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm in London and it did snow. It's been cold too.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
After looking at those photos and reading the posts, I am worry about the kind of summer we might have this year here in USA.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted, BUT

It's because of the Gulf oil spill back in the day.

You guys still remember that? I hope.

(Water currents)

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well just to add a little perspective here instead of the usual anti GW snipes. I live in Scotland and I walked down to the pub tonight with jacket open , no jumper, as it was too warm to do otherwise! I got into the pub and the landlord and myself had a wee chat about how very mild it was here in Scotland just for change as opposed to the cold conditions in England and Europe. It's normally the other way round. We had a last laugh as we speculated that the we would probably end up with a foot of snow in May overnight...........As it did several years ago!!!!!!

Weather is not climate although both have 7 letters.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This weather is just effed this year, my gf in Auckland told me about it snowing there a couple weeks ago, and I didn't think much of it, but only now do I know, through this thread, how rare snow in Auckland really is.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Never seen the snow? Its only a 6-7 hour drive south in winter for you. I spent most of my life down there, very nice part of the country.

I love the Aussie winters there, but would hate to be stuck in whats happeing in some parts of the world at the moment. That being said, i love the quiet when its snowing or has snowed. Sitting here in summer makes me miss the cold and frost and snow even more

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've been California the last three weeks, where it was sunny springtime-like weather, but back here at home, in France, my poor husband and kids have been struggling with having the front door freeze shut, and no running water because the pipes froze. They're still frozen, and it's been ten days.
It is extremely cold, but on the other hand, it isn't that far out of normal for winter.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

You would be forgiven for thinking these stunning vistas lay deep in the heart of Antarctica.

Now I live in Australia have never seen snow in real life and cannot imagine what it would be to live under these conditions in fact i doubt i would last a week,this does look like the middle of Antarctica
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Youre missing out on a treat. Snow is pretty and white christmases are awsome, kicked back in the recliner with a couple logs in the fireplace with a mug of hot coca in your hand on a cold day. It doesn't snow much in arkansas anymore. Years ago we used to get some decent snow, but now all we manage is a day or 2 of some rather pitiful powdered snow or ice.

I wouldn't ever want to live in the antarctic or in the artic circlem but living somewhere i can get at least 24 inches of snow would be sweet. I haven't been sledding since i was a kid.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 8om8er

No never seen the snow and i should take a drive down one winter but it would have to be for the day only as at that time of year you either cant get accomodation or like me you cant afford it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join