It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI plans for a Social Media Application

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

FBI plans for a Social Media Application

FBO.gov - Social Media Application

To download the FBI pdf. about the application click this link.
(Or look under "All files" on the first link)

Before I say anything else I would like to start with the solution to this invasion of privacy:
The brief states that the FBI should be automatically notified of breaking news, events (protests/uprisings) by a keyword system.
A keyword system as I am sure you would all know is very easy to bypass with the use of codes and for example changing the word protest to ‘market’.
Of course it would be impossible to get everyone to do this but if you’re in a small group you could easily stop the FBI from invading your privacy.
Likewise, if a protest is planned the word could be spread among protesters that the code for the next protest will be ‘example’.

I had a quick read through but please read it for yourself and see if you can notice something I didn’t.

I have taken screenshots of a few important parts and blanked out incomplete sentences as to make for easy reading but please read it all if you have the time.

News links on the topic:
ABC - US Seeks to Mine Social Media to Predict Future
Cumberlink - US seeks to mine social media to predict future
Yahoo - Minority Report is real: FBI wants to use social networks to prevent future crime

edit on 13-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
We all saw it coming. Time for a facebook deactivation.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Big Brother is here
It is Mark Zuckerberg.

He is selling us out for personal wealth, facebook continues to grow, and what's amazing is you ever look around? they get so much free advertising on TV when a show or sporting event goes "like our facebook page at facebook.com/_____"

There is a reason for this.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They release the documentation now...what makes you think they haven't been doing this for a while now? In all honesty, it would be pretty stupid of them not to have done so. Not saying it's right, or even legal - but given the FBI's M.O. in the past, it makes sense.

I don't blame Zuckerberg. I blame the sheep that have allowed this to happen with nary a bleat.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Big Brother is here
It is Mark Zuckerberg.

He is selling us out for personal wealth, facebook continues to grow, and what's amazing is you ever look around? they get so much free advertising on TV when a show or sporting event goes "like our facebook page at facebook.com/_____"

Or at 24 the dropout wasnt the wunderkind everyone believed him to be, but merely a sympathetic face who took the money, while people in the background did the acting.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Big Brother is here
It is Mark Zuckerberg.

Or at 24 the dropout wasnt the wunderkind everyone believed him to be, but merely a sympathetic face who took the money, while people in the background did the acting.

Very true,
its fairly likely that if we know their face, they are not the one pulling the strings.

new topics

top topics

join