It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Faculty to Obama: ‘This Is a Grave Violation of Religious Freedom and Cannot Stand’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Notre Dame Faculty to Obama: ‘This Is a Grave Violation of Religious Freedom and Cannot Stand’

Now we see a famous American and deep rooted religious school in the fight.

University of Notre Dame Law School has posted a letter and signatories include other schools and institutions.

The letter suggests that Obama's debacle is trampling on all religions as well as Catholicism !!!

February 12, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - Twenty-five Notre Dame faculty members--led by the university’s top ethics expert, and including some of the school’s most eminent scholars--have signed a statement declaring that President Barack Obama’s latest version of his administration’s mandate that all health insurance plans in the United States must cover sterilizations and all FDA-approved contraceptives, including those that cause abortions, is “a grave violation of religious freedom and cannot stand.”

The statement—put out on the letterhead of the University of Notre Dame Law School--is also signed by leading scholars from other major American colleges and universities, including Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Georgetown, Brigham Young, Yeshiva and Wheaton College.

When Obama received his honorary degree at Notre Dame's May 17, 2009, commencement, he vowed to respect the conscience rights of those who believe abortion is wrong.
Wheeeew Boy

The statement also said that Obama’s latest iteration of the regulation is “an insult to the intelligence of Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Jews and Muslims” and “cannot stand.”

Do You Smell Smoke ?

The Heat has been turned up a few degrees I would say !!

Out of the fry'n pan and into the FIRE !!

edit on Feb-12-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Do a search next time.

There are already threads on this subject.

Screw the Catholic Church though. Their days of keeping the world in an archaic state of mind are numbered!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Do a search next time.

There are already threads on this subject.

Screw the Catholic Church though. Their days of keeping the world in an archaic state of mind are numbered!

I did not find any about Notre Dame.

This latest flash just got published.

It has new issues like all religions including Jewish and Muslim.

And new issues with schools.

edit on Feb-12-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Methinks Obama's halo is slipping off his horns...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This whole mess is an infringement on every US Citizen. The government should not be mandating anything on anyone. Sad that it takes organized religion to stand up to our government instead of the people.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats
This whole mess is an infringement on every US Citizen. The government should not be mandating anything on anyone. Sad that it takes organized religion to stand up to our government instead of the people.

What is being mandated on anyone?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats

I know, right?

This is just the icing on the cake, the "more freedom" crowd, shows that they are more than happy
to restrict freedom when it violates their personal moral set.

What is being discussed is a personal decision, fully.

As long as there is the word government in there 15 times you can feel free to drool on about
anything senselessly...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

So why can't people make the choice for them selves?

Why does a persons personal decision have to become fodder for political brinksmanship?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

Coverage for some forms of abortion is being mandated. It is in the OPs post:

President Barack Obama’s latest version of his administration’s mandate that all health insurance plans in the United States must cover sterilizations and all FDA-approved contraceptives, including those that cause abortions

I dont have an issue with this, as this is NOT a violation of religious freedom. Religion must conform to secular laws, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Meanwhile..... while Americans are arguing over healthcare and spending themselves into oblivion to try and stay healthy.....we here in other western countries enjoy our free healthcare, not having to worry about how we will pay an exorbitant hospital bill and feed ourselves at the same time.

Enjoy your 'freedom' to either be sick or go broke.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You are missing the whole reason why people are upset. Obama and his imps have exposed themselves for what they are (again). They are taking away the Constitutional rights of Americans. They are overreaching in a power grab for the Oval Office.

You can hate on the Catholics and be gleeful all you want because they are being trampled on. But guess what ... YOU are next. Your rights are going to be stepped on and then who are you going to complain to? Nobody will be there because eveyrone will be slaves to the government by then.

(Paraphrase that famous saying .... )

They came for the Catholics and I didn't care because I wasn't Catholic.
They came for the homosexuals and I didn't care because I wasn't homosexual.
Then they came for me and no one was left to defend me.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Still

President Barack Obama’s latest version of his administration’s mandate that all health insurance plans in the United States must cover sterilizations and all FDA-approved contraceptives, including those that cause abortions

and um...just what contraceptives would those be that cause abortions?

Also, who would be having these abortions? The Catholic Church staff? my my. Mandated coverage means nothing if noone chooses to use it right? Is the Catholic Church afraid if contraceptives are allowed, people will use them so instead of allowing free will, they must dictate what choices there are?

Looks like hyperbole to me as I am sure they are talking about the morning after pill.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You are missing the whole reason why people are upset. Obama and his imps have exposed themselves for what they are (again). They are taking away the Constitutional rights of Americans. They are overreaching in a power grab for the Oval Office.

You can hate on the Catholics and be gleeful all you want because they are being trampled on. But guess what ... YOU are next. Your rights are going to be stepped on and then who are you going to complain to? Nobody will be there because eveyrone will be slaves to the government by then.

(Paraphrase that famous saying .... )

They came for the Catholics and I didn't care because I wasn't Catholic.
They came for the homosexuals and I didn't care because I wasn't homosexual.
Then they came for me and no one was left to defend me.

What rights are being taken away from Catholics by this.
Spell them each out specifically for me, please.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

What rights are being taken away from Catholics by this.

The right to control whether or not citizens have free access to birth control.
I think that's in the Constitution somewhere, right? Religious Freedom includes controlling all American's access to birth control. Yeah, that's it.

No one is mandating that ANYONE take birth control, but by the way the religious are acting, the law is forcing abortions on them!
It's ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They are taking away the Constitutional rights of Americans.

That may be. But how is providing birth control to free American Citizens - in any way - taking away Constitutional rights? WHAT rights? Before, you said it was because the religious organization would have to pay or facilitate the birth control in some way and that was a sin. Now, that has been resolved.

What's the problem now?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

More or less the freaking English with they attempt of privatization of the health system have had an infectious effect in other European nations and now most of them also have brain dead corporations and private interested lobbing to have a new tit to suck from the states.

Tank goodness Europe is broke and is starting to clean house from these vampires...

I still hope that politicians will put a tax on copyright ownership (not only revenue from it), that will not only fix the lobbing for extension but in time copyright time...

edit on 13-2-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Still

Also, who would be having these abortions? The Catholic Church staff? my my. Mandated coverage means nothing if noone chooses to use it right? Is the Catholic Church afraid if contraceptives are allowed, people will use them so instead of allowing free will, they must dictate what choices there are?

Looks like hyperbole to me as I am sure they are talking about the morning after pill.

you're confused obviously, what this does is mandate that catholic organizations must have contraceptives and birth control in the insurance they offer their employees. like it or not they are private organizations hospitals, schools ETC. so this infringes on their rights.

each time we allow the fed to widdle away at someones freedoms we all loose, collectively we have but each other as American citizens to fight together, to keep what we still have left.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
what this does is mandate that catholic organizations must have contraceptives and birth control in the insurance they offer their employees.

No, it doesn't. The Catholic Organizations have NOTHING to do with the birth control insurance. See illustration here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Abortifacient 'birth control' (notice .. not 'conception control' ... but 'birth control')
Contraception, noun prevention of conception -- Webster's Dictionary

One of many places you can get this information -
They Never Told Us 'Birth Control 'May Be Killing Our PreBorn Children

Contraceptives include the so-called barrier methods: the condom, diaphragm, cervical cap, and anti-sperm methods such as the sponge, jellies, foams and creams. These methods prevent sperm from fertilizing an egg.

Abortifacients work after fertilization (conception) by killing the newly conceived human. These include oral contraceptives (the "Pill"), IUD, Norplant, Depo-Provera, Emergency Contraception (the "Morning-After Pill"), and anti-fertility vaccines. The U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare defined abortion as follows: "All the measures which impair the viability of the zygote at any time between the instant of fertilization and the completing of labor constitute, in the strict sense, procedures for indudng abortion."

Although 1.6 million surgical abortions take place each year in the U.S., Dr. Bogomir Kuhar, a pharmacist concerned about chemical abortion, has calculated that in combining all forms of induced abortion -- the IUD, Depo-Provera, Norplant, surgical, and the Pill (and injectables, implants, and oral products that work in a similar fashion), between 9.6 and 13.4 million young lives are terminated in the U.S. alone each year.

A woman who is on 'The Pill', on average, will have fertilization to take place twice a year. She'll never even know she's pregnant because the poison in the pill kills the newly concieved child.

3 minute video on how 'the pill' is an abortifacient
www.youtube.com...

Question and answer on 'the pill

But the reality is that the combined pill only prevents a diagnosed pregnancy is 90-96% of women. In other words, 4-10 women in every 100 using the pill for one year do have a diagnosed pregnancy. Australian medical and science journalist Melissa Sweet has published ‘get-real’ figures in the same range.

So if that many women have diagnosed pregnancies while on 'the pill' ... how many more were pregnant and the body sloughed it off because the lining couldn't hold the newly concieved human being?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
what this does is mandate that catholic organizations must have contraceptives and birth control in the insurance they offer their employees.

No, it doesn't. The Catholic Organizations have NOTHING to do with the birth control insurance. See illustration here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

nice, do you do parlor tricks also? btw you're also confused about this law. i guess you wouldn't mind then if your company was required to pay for health care that included stoning muslim women eh.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join