It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of all the KOOKS!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Yah, a 1000 deafheads or more. See, Now I am doing it too. I think the slogan today should read "Deny your Ignorance" or "Ignorantly Deny..." no offense to the site mods just a low level attempt at humor. Here the guys response to mine was too funny:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Sheeesh!!

It appears the KooKs are reigning supreme on ATS then...

Kooks are incapable of intellectual debate. Kooks believe they are in possession of the absolute TRUTH on a given subject or subjects and they are here to share that truth, not debate it. Since kooks are always right and will never ever admit to being wrong (see d), they refuse to debate their beliefs and tolerate no skepticism toward them. To a kook, anyone who disagrees with them MUST be either ignorant, insane or a paid disinformation agent out to discredit them.

What is a kook??
The Millenium Project

Kooks don't play well with others. Since kooks are paranoid, always think they are right on every issue, tolerate no skepticism or differing views and always want to be the one in control, kooks just don't get along with other people, not even other kooks. Every kook is an island unto itself of strange beliefs and weird psychoses. Kooks are very lonely people, and it shows.

... about sums it up.

Cool rant

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of Bull# to me. This is a CONSPIRACY site. What do you expect? So basically you are saying your opinion, and others you deem "intelligent"are the only ones worthy of being posted.

Personally I am sick of high and mighty people such as yourself that seems to think you have the right to judge anyone. The reason the MODS don't do anything is because these so called KOOKS have done nothing wrong.

It's really the habitual Debunkers and Skeptics that ruin this site.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Haven't ya'll heard? Kookianity is the new religion. If somebody posted a join the dot type imagining somewhere on the net, or even better, made a montage-type youtube video with operatic music to boot, then it's a bona-fide 'fact' or at least a bona-fide 'possibility', and we all know that if somehow something is possible then to the kooks accept it as actually occurring and you better dam well acknowledge their 'open-mindedness' or you are a 'paid gov shill'.

Oh look! There comes another illuminati cheque in the mail, sweet.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
One only has to read old forum posts from a couple of years ago to see how much this place has changed, so i sadly have to agree with the OP here..

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad83
Sounds like a bunch of Bull# to me. This is a CONSPIRACY site. What do you expect? So basically you are saying your opinion, and others you deem "intelligent"are the only ones worthy of being posted.

Personally I am sick of high and mighty people such as yourself that seems to think you have the right to judge anyone. The reason the MODS don't do anything is because these so called KOOKS have done nothing wrong.

It's really the habitual Debunkers and Skeptics that ruin this site.

And the stars you got for this post shows how much ATS has changed.
If you post some far fetched post about alien abduction, that could very well be a dream then you get tens of stars nearly instantly these.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrishJihad83

Wrong again.

Habitually debunking bunk material is exactly what this site is for. Intelligent discussion of alternative news topics and conspiracy theories, is what this site is for. And for the three amigos, this site is about making money. Ya know?

The kooks I'm referring to can turn a thread about any little thing, into something that they believe is the truth, and in reality it's poorly researched google fodder, and crappy YouTube clips that either

A. Have no business in the thread.

B. make no sense, at all.

C. A combination of a and b

4. None of the above, accompanied by some kind of religious stupidity.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean.
I wouldn't even consider myself an "ATS Veteran" seeing how I've known of this site for at most 2 years.... but it's sickeningly noticeable that it has gone downhill.
I came to this site because of the "out of the ordinary" topics and discussions, and the potent information that was never slapped on the MSM. It was discussed in informative and intelligent manner, everyone having to back up their claims with sources and references.
Obviously being a conspiracy website, there's the loopy claim/story here and there, but that's what happens when dealing with topics not everyone fully understands.

But as of late, I haven't even bothered to filter through the junk for goodies, I've laid back and quit. I can't even facepalm enough with people claiming "Comets controlled by Jesus, tetrahydral spaceships for the Illuminati piloted by reptilian people that live underground, is all part of the all-knowning God's plan"
I don't know if it erupted because people wanted an anonymous giggle by ticking off someone they will never meet, or just sheer ego-inflation.
It really gives a sense of the lack of intelligence our race is capable of.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

So... your'e better than everyone else, right? Calling people loons and kooks will go far, I'm sure. You just became what you are ranting about.

this is a PRIME example of what he is talking about in the OP. People who come to find dissent wherever they can.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
What happened to the days when a good thread contained well thought out, informative, opinionated, smart rhetoric? I can't click on a thread without seeing people put on blast and flamed for throwing an opinion into a thread. LORD NO, God forbid some one have an opinion about anything. If you don't have a crappy YouTube video and a link from before it's news.com, you have nothing to offer! Poppycock.

What happen to level headed, intelligent discussion about alternative topics such as aliens, and ufos? When did we lose objectivity when debating the NWO? What happened to all the "normal" conspiracy people?!??!

Every single thread ends up with the same fools In it trying connect every little pice of information to each other, attaching every thing to the luciferian, illuminati plot to rule the world at the point of a pitchfork? YOU PEOPLE ARE BAT SPIT CRAZY! USE THE MUSCLE THAT MATTERS, THE ONE BETWEEN YOUR EARS.

It's impossible to take you loons seriously any more.

/rant end
edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp.

edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp again

What happened is people are starting to feel uncomfortable and these people are the ones being affected by such 'conspiracies'. If you just stopped at ufos and aliens go watch the goddamn history channel and go back to your comfort zone because you aren't going to find it here anymore.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What happened to the days when a good thread contained well thought out, informative, opinionated, smart rhetoric? I can't click on a thread without seeing people put on blast and flamed for throwing an opinion into a thread. LORD NO, God forbid some one have an opinion about anything. If you don't have a crappy YouTube video and a link from before it's news.com, you have nothing to offer! Poppycock.

What happen to level headed, intelligent discussion about alternative topics such as aliens, and ufos? When did we lose objectivity when debating the NWO? What happened to all the "normal" conspiracy people?!??!

Every single thread ends up with the same fools In it trying connect every little pice of information to each other, attaching every thing to the luciferian, illuminati plot to rule the world at the point of a pitchfork? YOU PEOPLE ARE BAT SPIT CRAZY! USE THE MUSCLE THAT MATTERS, THE ONE BETWEEN YOUR EARS.

It's impossible to take you loons seriously any more.

/rant end
edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp.

edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp again

First of all, I feel ya.

Every inch.

When I first starting lurking here 8 years ago the population was smaller and a bit more sophisticated. As time went by and more people came on board, the amount of intelligent converstaion in certain forums dwindled. So too did the people who have their minds open enough to where they seem to want to learn and they'll admit when they're wrong about something. But this brings me to a point that you should know judging from how long YOU'VE been here.

When you find someone who you like, their points of view, their ways of getting them across, etc..., friend them. Then use the tools here to follow their posts. There is a way to conversate only with those you choose to. This cuts down on all the time wasted pouring through all the forums and posts you say are void of any intelligence.

I understand what you're saying though. Sometimes you just want to shut 'em up and shut 'em down. There are days when I fall from grace and let certain people just have it. I've killed many a thread my friend.

I just introduce them to the business end of my patience.

But more times than not anymore I just walk away from a thread that I see deteriorating.

I was going to leave it at that, but since you're in a "mood", you might have taken that the wrong way.

Just take a break for awhile.

:
edit on 13-2-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I agree with all of your post! If this is my fall from grace, I'm gonna try and take some of the kooks with me, man.

This was my first rant forum thread, and so far I don't feel I've gone to far over board.... Even though earlier I felt like turning the censor bars off and lettin the poo fly.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

S & F for you!!!
I have noticed that a lot lately here on ATS, and it's gotten to the point to where I rarely ever post anymore.
The minute your opinion doesn't comply with someone elses, you get flamed beyond belief. It's incredible.
People don't know how to have a civilized, intelligent debate anymore, apparently.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I thought this site was designed for the whackjobs...?

When everything that makes sense turns out to be a government-spawned lie, it's time to turn to the people with the cardboard signs.
edit on CMondaypm181808f08America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Crazy?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

I get flamed everyday
. Makes me laugh though people are hilarious

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I wholly agree with you. I just wonder what percentage of "youths" under 18 are members now?.

Its hard(er) to carry on experienced, educated conversations over issues and history we older folks have experienced in our lives: politics, wars, technology etc...without someone here saying "my Dad says..." or "Im fifteen".

Dont get me wrong! We all start somewhere. But with all the "ha, ha''s" and snickering "quotes" n "posts"...its not the same place I joined where the conversations werent so immature or inexperienced and so vindictive and accousatory.

Its changed fast...and I suspected as much after a while after joining by the caliber of responses and the way they were worded.

The web being invisible and all...I now realize that sometimes ( a lot of times) we're arguing with the youngest of ATS members. Its hard to tell.

But things here sure have changes.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

IMHO, what happened is the Gov. shills took over and some even became MODS on this site. The MODS who are not shills are too afraid to do their job properly and they play favorites.

When censorship and social/political agendas took over this website it's gone to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But you know what I'm trying to say. The site motto seems to have fallen on about a thousand deaf ears recently.

YES!! Exactly right. What I believe we have seen is a serious infiltration of cynics that have all but completely drowned out the skeptics. The term "skeptic" has even become a bad word around here when in fact it is the skeptics that engage in meaningful debate. It's the cynics that derail every conversation with pointless bickering and personal attacks. Here's some info on skeptics versus cynics:

“What does it mean to be a skeptic? Some people believe that skepticism is rejection of new ideas, or worse, they confuse “skeptic” with “cynic” and think that skeptics are a bunch of grumpy curmudgeons unwilling to accept any claim that challenges the status quo. This is wrong. Skepticism is a provisional approach to claims. It is the application of reason to any and all ideas – no sacred cows allowed. In other words, skepticism is a method, not a position."

A skeptic is a truth-seeker who seeks truth by questioning assertions and beliefs. By the very definition, a skeptic is open-minded and a curious individual. On the other hand, a cynic projects that which they believe. Not only is the method of inquiry biased, but any answer (no matter how well reasoned) is unacceptable if it does not correspond to any subjective pre-existing belief of the cynic. Cynics are the ones motivated by their own inability to explore the world outside their subjective boundaries, resulting in dogmatic or closed-minded approaches to the argument. The net effect of a skeptic is to establish truth no matter if it goes against established principles, while the net effect of a cynic is to hide the truth to maintain status quo.

A cynic will frame arguments using certain styles of debate. These tactics include ignoring facts, inventing false explanations, raising the bar when their criteria for evidence is met, using double standards, character assassinations, grossly exaggerating and distorting trivial mistakes, or dismissing all evidence by classifying it as anecdotal, unreplicable, or uncontrolled.

The source for the above is an NDE site, but I think they do a nice job of summing up the differences between a healthy skeptical view and a biased, narrow-minded cynical view. The problem lately with ATS is that we're inundated with cynics.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I miss being able to debate about UFO's without having 200+ links spread across my thread in hopes that someone, anyone will come into my thread to debate against me, even if that person only wanted to talk about how much he hated Ron Paul supporters. Meh...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join