It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of all the KOOKS!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What happened to the days when a good thread contained well thought out, informative, opinionated, smart rhetoric? I can't click on a thread without seeing people put on blast and flamed for throwing an opinion into a thread. LORD NO, God forbid some one have an opinion about anything. If you don't have a crappy YouTube video and a link from before it's news.com, you have nothing to offer! Poppycock.

What happen to level headed, intelligent discussion about alternative topics such as aliens, and ufos? When did we lose objectivity when debating the NWO? What happened to all the "normal" conspiracy people?!??!

Every single thread ends up with the same fools In it trying connect every little pice of information to each other, attaching every thing to the luciferian, illuminati plot to rule the world at the point of a pitchfork? YOU PEOPLE ARE BAT SPIT CRAZY! USE THE MUSCLE THAT MATTERS, THE ONE BETWEEN YOUR EARS.

It's impossible to take you loons seriously any more.

/rant end
edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp.

edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp again

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I logged in just to star and flag.

Well said sir!

*the name calling i definitely don't agree with. I think that was edited in after my reply
edit on 12-2-2012 by ReleaseThePressure because: clarification

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

So... your'e better than everyone else, right? Calling people loons and kooks will go far, I'm sure. You just became what you are ranting about.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I was cracking up at "Normal conspiracy people"

That was pretty funny. You do make a good point, I was going to but I'm so tired I literally forgot what I was going to say.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's why it's in the rant section.

And I stand by it. This place is full of some serious whack jobs lately. I swear it was never this bad in my time frequenting this site, and posting here.

And if by better than these others you mean I am better at posting, and better at thinking objectively, and better at keeping an open mind, then yes you are correct. I am better than the kooks at that.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

I know! I chuckled to myself even writing it. Normal conspiracy people... Hehe

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Just what else might we expect from a population raised on American pop culture?
For crying out loud, SIR Elton John has just done a commercial for Pepsi no less. We're watching and taking part in world wide transformation. We gotta find what we like and what we don't.
ATS is a different drug than it once was. Adjust or try cold turkey. I'm on the cusp myself.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Cold turkey might be the way to go!

I hear what your saying. Things have shifted on the forum boards from open minded skeptics, and open minded believers, and people in between who were firms set skeptics or firm set believers. What I miss most is that for the majority, not every single time, but the majority of the membership argued points and counter points, provided links to factual back up information, or links to some educational reading material about a given topic. Now it's just about squabbling and personal attacks, and the deep end kooks that swear when they see the Cheerios in their bowl spell out OOOOOOOOO, the illuminati did it.

Come back normal conspiracy people!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Ooooooooooooo. Nice. Mine spoke to me this morning. They said snap cracle pop. I won't start a thread about it though as it might set off some kind of cult or something. Hang in there.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ive noticed that in just a couple of months. Im probably a bad consiracy nut because I just cant buy into the whole Illuminati/FreeMason/LizardPeople/OwlWorshippers rule the world theories. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork. And of course if you dont agree with some of them, then you must BE one of the "Evil Elite" or at least in control of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Welcome to the age of the troll.
The beginnings of this social phenomenon can be seen in movies like Jackass.
With media influence to validate bad behavior, bad behavior and taking things down to the lowest common denominator gained traction and popularity.

I like to think that the age of the troll is populated and driven mainly by Generation WTF'rs, or Generation LOLz.
I'm not sure what the proper generation term is, but, whatever the case, it's common and acceptable to forego civility, and even proactively instigate negative reactions.

It's a social trend, as well as an infection driven by memes, celebrity 'role models', popular media, all self reinforcing and propagating through social media like the cold virus, or flu.

Think of it as post-post-political-correctness backlash. Remember political correctness?
It's easier to be impolite, so, it's much easier for this trend to hang on and sustain quite a bit longer.
Eventually the the main consumers and perpetrators will grow up.

My two cents.

edit on 12-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Of course there are kooks here. It is a conspiracy web site. I agree there are a fair share of the crazies here. But...then again, even a diagnosed paranoid can actually have someone following them.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I take everything on here with a grain of salt really. I will admit that about five years ago the postings were much more detailed and intriguing. The "kooks" are amusing to me though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Welcome to the age of the troll.
The beginnings of this social phenomenon can be seen in movies like Jackass.
With media influence to validate bad behavior, bad behavior and taking things down to the lowest common denominator gained traction and popularity.

I like to think that the age of the troll is populated and driven mainly by Generation WTF'rs, or Generation LOLz.
I'm not sure what the proper generation term is, but, whatever the case, it's common and acceptable to forego civility, and even proactively instigate negative reactions.

It's a social trend, as well as an infection driven by memes, celebrity 'role models', popular media, all self reinforcing and propagating through social media like the cold virus, or flu.

Think of it as post-post-political-correctness backlash. Remember political correctness?
It's easier to be impolite, so, it's much easier for this trend to hang on and sustain quite a bit longer.

My two cents.

edit on 12-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Ahhh, spot on. Can I repost this?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by intrptr

That's why it's in the rant section.

And I stand by it. This place is full of some serious whack jobs lately. I swear it was never this bad in my time frequenting this site, and posting here.

And if by better than these others you mean I am better at posting, and better at thinking objectively, and better at keeping an open mind, then yes you are correct. I am better than the kooks at that.

Yah I get it. We talked about it in another thread yesterday, I think. About the decline of ATS?
I was calling your attention specifically to "name calling" and how it sets you up as "better than".
Otherwise, I agree.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah I remember.

I'm not better than any one in the sense that we all have the Internet and computers of some kind, so in essence we have the same tools at our disposal. But you know what I'm trying to say. The site motto seems to have fallen on about a thousand deaf ears recently.

edit on 13-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Typing on an iPad gets annoying

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I hope so. I have my doubts. I liken trolling today with memories of phone pranks and ringing the door bell. Eventually one got bored or caught. Nowadays with encrypted anonymity, a "grown up kid" can theoretically get away with it forever.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

Sure thing. Repost all you like to FB, or wherever. You can even take credit for it if you want. It's just observational sociology applied to modern societal activity at work.

With enough psychology and sociology, it's interesting to see the mechanisms driving social strata into the designs and expressions they take. On a broad scale, paying attention to popular media, one can even project, to some extent what the common mass of plugged-in easily influenced social network zombies will do next.

Too many people don't think. They let MSM, their social networks, Twitter trending, Celebs, and Youtube tell them what to think, how to act, and what's acceptable behavior.

It's kinda spooky how closely related to ants people are in some ways, so vulnerable to influence, and programming by popular culture, almost like a hive mind, though not that stupid, more subtle.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

So... your'e better than everyone else, right? Calling people loons and kooks will go far, I'm sure. You just became what you are ranting about.

But the Kookaloons appear to be running riot.

The shepherds appear to be missing a lot of this, and allowing it because one kookaloon is following the T&C while the frustrated wolves are sneaking around in shadows sniping at the idiocy.

Down with the kookaloon conspiracy, there is plenty of rational and valid concern in this crazy world, we don't need Gene Pitney marring whitney houston to make a whitney pitney out of everything.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Originally posted by intrptr

But the Kookaloons appear to be running riot.

The shepherds appear to be missing a lot of this, and allowing it because one kookaloon is following the T&C while the frustrated wolves are sneaking around in shadows sniping at the idiocy.

Down with the kookaloon conspiracy, there is plenty of rational and valid concern in this crazy world, we don't need Gene Pitney marring whitney houston to make a whitney pitney out of everything.

That was too funny... kookaloons and WhitneyPitneys not withstanding. My audience is "Cracking up"...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join