It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Whitney Houston's death a diversion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

I just found this. I wanted to encourage some discussion among ATS members, about whether or not we think the death (or at least the mourning stories, etc) could potentially be used as a diversion away from some more important event or story, which the media don't want people to focus attention on. I've read that apparently that is a strategy which can be used, at times.

Apparently her body was found in the bath of her hotel room. It was said that there was no evidence of foul play, but no cause of death has been mentioned either, which seems a little odd.

If it is being used to divert attention, what is it intended to hide?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I would bet my last dollar (if i had one) that it was "drug" related, just like Michael jackson.

And we all know what a conspiracy that became.

If she is dead, let her rest. That´s the best way not to spend too much time on a diversion.
edit on 12-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
From everything I've been reading it also seems that they're with holding info , possibly til AFTER the precious Grammy awards?

music.msn.com... Autopsy results on lockdown.....why?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's only a diversion if it successfully diverts you.
So I would say no. Not for me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
It's only a diversion if it successfully diverts you.
So I would say no. Not for me.

I'm asking really if it is an attempt to divert people from something specific.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And these things will pop up every day now for god knows how long.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

not on ATS man, Noooo way!!! That ceegar is 100% a rabbit in a hat!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Apparently her body was found in the bath of her hotel room. It was said that there was no evidence of foul play, but no cause of death has been mentioned either, which seems a little odd.

The police are waiting for the toxicity results before releasing the cause of death.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
And these things will pop up every day now for god knows how long.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sometimes; I just don't think we should necessarily assume that, before we know, is all.

One thing I noticed, which seemed a little too symmetrical; it happened the day before the Grammies.
edit on 12-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I see where you're coming from...could be a diversion from an Iran invasion/attack? Maybe they are trying to keep attention off Greece and its' banking problems?

What do you think they are diverting?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
From everything I've been reading it also seems that they're with holding info , possibly til AFTER the precious Grammy awards?

music.msn.com... Autopsy results on lockdown.....why?

to keep the shallow minded strung out and preoccupied. To keep the "ABC, NBC , CBS World News" (I said World News) spending the bulk of their 30 mins.every night on Whitney and ignoring the news of the world.
To keep the sheeple's attention away from what's going on in the real world and focused on the chosen subject matter (pure drivel) dished out by the powers that be. The ones who manipulate us as a population.
You know, the typical reasons

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think with Whitneys past history that would be a long shot, too many other potential red herrings to use someone like Whitney. I am not saying anything negative here please understand, but really she would not be the best choice. her death is a sad time especially for those who loved her.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If it is being used to divert attention, what is it intended to hide?

Official causes of death usually take a few weeks to announced due to the amount of time that it takes for txicology reports to be completed. This is not unusual.

It is nt being used as a diversion. It is garnering about the same amount of attention as any other celeb death, in fact I have seen celeb deaths that have been covered much much more in the media.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
'If' this was a diversion tactic, one would believe that they would utilize someone with more attention, correct?

i mean, there are far more people, when was the last time Whitney was 'Big'?

Nay, Nay, she probably took too many prescription pills passed out and drowned, like many before, and many after her

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I watched hours and hours of the Grammys just now and kept wondering if it was really the Grammys.

Didnt seem like it!

And Nicki Minaj's occult performance was so strange, perhaps symbolic... of something

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Come on now Petrus. You know that EVERYTHING is a diversion for the divertable.
We have been warned for over half a century now about the lowest common denominator aspect of both our educational system and our entertainment industry.

We have turned into a pop culture. There is little substance left in anything beyond our immediate relationships and even they suffer from the diverting nature this culture. We watch tv while we eat. Our children and grandchildren drift off to fairyland when the tube is on. Our conversations come to an immediate halt when the cell phone rings.

We have been warned by sociologists and psychologists and social critics about the corrosive nature of of this dumbing down that the drug dealing players of this entertainment industry call "giving the consumer what they want."

Now it's on auto-pilot. The hidden persuaders no longer have to orchestrate each and every diversion. We are in the hall of mirrors where we are diverted by our own reflections.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I'm asking really if it is an attempt to divert people from something specific.

A distraction from what though? What is going on right now that we have not noticed? That we don't already know about?

I really think it is more likely, that she just died.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just to be clear....is it being thought that Whitney died on purpose by...whoever...to create a diversion? Or that....whoever...heard of her death and thought what a perfect oppritunity to distract people with?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Jim Morrison was also found dead in the tub - conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alleycat
reply to post by petrus4

I see where you're coming from...could be a diversion from an Iran invasion/attack? Maybe they are trying to keep attention off Greece and its' banking problems?

What do you think they are diverting?

That could be it. I wasn't sure. I thought maybe here might know something I don't.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Jim Morrison was also found dead in the tub - conspiracy?

Maybe Gaga warned about it via blood in her hotel bath tub from like a month ago. lol

kidding.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join