It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is time ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Time is man's invention of a clock on a wall. It is based on the orbit of our planet around the sun. There is no time... only right now. We move thru space for sure (but always right now). Outside this 3rd dimension (outside our physical bodies) we will see that our view of things has been limited. Its like trying to convince "flat landers" in the 2nd dimension of our "third".

Third to second: "There is a ' Z '."
Second to third: "No, there is only ' X ' and ' Y '."
Fourth to third: "There is also an ' any ' and ' every '."
Third and second: "What???"
Fourth: "Oh never mind. You'll see when you get here... I mean there... I mean everywhere."
Third to second:
Any way if you are going to 'ascend' you are going to have to come up here."
2nd: "UP?"
Fourth: "Out, you mean."
Swcond and Third: "What?"

Fourth: "Both of you are stuck on ' time '... I mean in (if/when/then), instead of (any/all/every)."

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
charles1952 sums up my understanding of time. Time is essentially our perception of change. Change occurs within the 4th dimension...though the 4th dimension isn't really changing. It is our motion through the 4th dimension that allows us to see tiny cross-sections of the 4th dimension, and as we move along, we see different cross-sections, which gives the illusion of change.

The 5th dimension is near impossible to contemplate, simply because we aren't sure what the heck the 4th dimension really is, since we can only see tiny bits of it at once. It is theorized by some that the 5th dimension would be something like...timelines. Or, to put it another way, if we could see the 5th dimension as time like we currently see the 4th dimension, then we would be able to see the multiple different choices or occurrences that could take place...time would no longer appear linear, but branching in multiple directions.

As far as time-travel...who knows? Though I would theorize (without any real scientific evidence mind you, just speculation) that travel through a higher dimension would in fact be possible...it just wouldn't be anything like you would expect. That is, you could go back to 1900 for instance, but the events that took place then wouldn't be occurring. It could be either completely empty space, or a different "timeline" altogether. Or maybe, when you reverse direction through the higher dimensions, your atomic structure "flips" and you become anti-matter. How would that work? I dunno...no one knows. It's cool to think about though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Here is a Link to Articles about Time Travel . Some are quite Unbelieveable , and others are Interesting.........

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
I have found the keys!

Yeah, what the heck? Why are people still posting here?

Everything is a condensed vibration. Therefore time must also be a vibration. Isn't time measured in vibrations?

True, but not too condensed, not since it started since time is the progression from complete condensation to complete evaporation all the while vibrating and stretching, like an old string whose tension gradually subsides.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
What is time? Baby don't hurt me! Don't hurt me... no more.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
time is the distance between true freedom out of its own existing reality and true freedom out of all existence reality, from the concept of true freedom being the same one which would set existence being absolutely true

once existence is true then logics i guess would be the reason of changes in relative terms always so time vanish when reality exist

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If you believe in ascension and the 5th Dimension stuff then you should probably have a look at this thread. It sums it up very well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join