It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The System of Fear (True Story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Two years ago, i took a vacation from fear.
The fear of not being able to pay rent.
The fear of being late for work.
The fear of not having a job.
The fear of being denied "that" job.
The fear of being judged by other people.
The fear of not getting any sleep.
The fear of being awake.

It was an enlightening experience, and i became alot wiser during these 2 years, much in thanks to sites like ATS and countless documentaries on all sorts of subjects, from quantum physics, to the inner workings of the worlds economic system and global politics. I also had the time to get updated on various space programs around the world, and finally managed to afford the time required to grasp theories such as special relativity, string theory, the holographic universe and black holes. And all of this is even outside my primary interest zone which is in "free" energy techs such as Cold-Fusion and Magnetic motors, which i believe we need to have before we can become truly free .

But, i had to work alot, and save alot of money over 4 years as a "higher up" at IBM, to be able to afford this vacation. As you may have guessed, it was not a physical vacation, but more of a mental one.

Now the money is running out, and i am starting to feel the fear again. The fear to again be dependant of the system.

The system of fear.
edit on 12-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am on a vacation from fear right now. We should all be lucky enough to be afforded this opportunity. We should all be able to study these things that have true value whenever our hearts desire. Ahhh, how grand life could be.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Have you ever noticed how, when enjoying the clearness of view ahead we have while walking through life, that the fear catches up to us from behind and embraces us before we even know it is there?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag
I am on a vacation from fear right now. We should all be lucky enough to be afforded this opportunity. We should all be able to study these things that have true value whenever our hearts desire. Ahhh, how grand life could be.

Indeed, i would recommend such a vacation to anybody. It needs to be had while you are still young and have your wits about you, before you become a pensioneer, and your mind is failing.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by NeoVain

Have you ever noticed how, when enjoying the clearness of view ahead we have while walking through life, that the fear catches up to us from behind and embraces us before we even know it is there?

Indeed, i think that is its signature move. No one expects the fear, before it is upon you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Two years ago, i took a vacation from fear.
The fear of not being able to pay rent.
The fear of being late for work.
The fear of not having a job.
The fear of being denied "that" job.
The fear of being judged by other people.
The fear of not getting any sleep.
The fear of being awake.

It was an enlightening experience, and i became alot wiser during these 2 years, much in thanks to sites like ATS and countless documentaries on all sorts of subjects, from quantum physics, to the inner workings of the worlds economic system and global politics. I also had the time to get updated on various space programs around the world, and finally managed to afford the time required to grasp theories such as special relativity, string theory, the holographic universe and black holes. And all of this is even outside my primary interest zone which is in "free" energy techs such as Cold-Fusion and Magnetic motors, which i believe we need to have before we can become truly free .

But, i had to work alot, and save alot of money over 4 years as a "higher up" at IBM, to be able to afford this vacation. As you may have guessed, it was not a physical vacation, but more of a mental one.

Now the money is running out, and i am starting to feel the fear again. The fear to again be dependant of the system.

The system of fear.
edit on 12-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

You do realize it's possible to make that vacation permanent?

There are persons in this world who made fear completely disappear from their live forever. You could try to find one and ask him his secret.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Such a secret is something you have to find out for yourself, it is not copyable, it has to be unique for each one.

Thankfully, i have found mine, and am in the process of realizing it right now.

I can give you a hint: It´s about changing the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Such a secret is something you have to find out for yourself, it is not copyable, it has to be unique for each one.

Thankfully, i have found mine, and am in the process of realizing it right now.

I can give you a hint: It´s about changing the world.

Thanks for the hint. I don't need it anymore

Why you said this then?

Was it more like roleplay to further make your message pass?

I say this, because for me it was pretty much almost like a switch.

Fear: on

Fear: off

No "working on it".
edit on 16-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Indeed, i would recommend such a vacation to anybody. It needs to be had while you are still young and have your wits about you, before you become a pensioneer, and your mind is failing.

Be careful now, you're treading on thin ice here! I am a pensioner who would argue that my mind is not yet "failing."
Furthermore, just because I seem to misplace my wits from time to time doesn't mean that I've totally lost those either.

I am only 55 yrs. old and come March 5th, I be celebrating my 7th year in retirement. I retired at age 48 with 32 years of service in an industry where, thanks to our union, workers still have things like retirement and healthcare benefits. While I will agree that my body isn't what it used to be, my mind still works just fine, I think.

All kidding aside, I think the OP is absolutely correct. Everyone needs to experience that freedom to explore and appreciate the things that really matter in life.

Fear is a lot like Hate, in that both emotions do much more harm to the person who harbors them than it does to the person who is feared and/or hated. IMO, these two emotions are extremely destructive to the human psyche and should be avoided at all cost. When we make the effort to replace those emotions with more constructive ones like Love and Acceptance, the human experience takes on a whole new meaning.

F&S to the OP

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It seems you lack understanding, so i doubt you don´t need that hint.

Fear is still ON, i didn´t say i am successful yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Excuse me for the misunderstanding.
I guess we don't talk about the same thing then. Because what I talk about is something you know (not believe, know), or don't. But you are right, it has to be found out and made real personally.

Godspeed on your journey

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Excuse me for the misunderstanding.
I guess we don't talk about the same thing then. Because what I talk about is something you know (not believe, know), or don't. But you are right, it has to be found out and made real personally.

Godspeed on your journey

Thank you, and i agree, it is something you know, not believe. Still, it will take time, and i am not 100% sure i will have that time with the current amount of resources at my disposal, yet.

Being 99% sure does not mean fear disappears, unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I am not 100% sure i will have that time with the current amount of resources at my disposal, yet.

This too shall pass.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I am not 100% sure i will have that time with the current amount of resources at my disposal, yet.

This too shall pass.

Indeed, but it may not be as quick as you think. To clarify: I am not seeking to escape this system of fear for myself, i will be trying to change the system itself, in turn freeing everyone else as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

This too shall pass.

Indeed, but it may not be as quick as you think. To clarify: I am not seeking to escape this system of fear for myself, i will be trying to change the system itself, in turn freeing everyone else as well.

Good luck

I, for one, would be delighted to see that happen.

Excepted that there is one downside to the absence of fear:

Apathy and the decadence that may follow when it is generalized.

Furthermore, the system of fear is not as much imposed to people as they are willingly participating in it. You might face some people who are not very happy if you try to separate them from what they love.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I agree with spacegoats, time cannot be introduced into this equation. Time only creates a division between what is and what is to be, which is conflict. Approaching fear (or anything else) in this way is basically saying, "I don't really want to get rid of fear, rather only temporarily subdue it." You have fragmented your mind into states of "fear" and "not fear", as if "not fear" is the normal way of the mind and "fear" is something contrived that should be removed. Forget about "not fear", that is just a philosophical concept at this point, stay with "fear". That is what is real, that is reality. See what is and I promise a complete revolution will happen spontaneously, without effort or time involved.

You want a real vacation? Forget about time, forget about thoughts of the past and the future. The world will change as it should in that moment.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You want a real vacation? Forget about time, forget about thoughts of the past and the future. The world will change as it should in that moment.

Star for you! That is what it is really about! And you are right, time was never a factor for me during these 2 years, as long as i had a good amount of money still. However now that money is running out, time is also running out. Time IS money, after all, even though both concepts are false, contrived, human constructs, with no real tangibility or worth aside from what you ascribe it.

This is exactly what i am trying to say with my OP: IF money runs out, you become dependant on the system again, to again become a "cog in the wheel" in order to survive, with very little time to spend on yourself or understanding/changing the world around you with this knowledge. Because you need to survive first and foremost.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I think once you can truly see that there's really nothing to worry about, you'll be back to your vacation mind set.
I'm trying to convince myself of this now. And even when it seems that there's actually a lot to stress over, just remind yourself to stay calm and breath!
Glorious.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I guess it comes down to what is more important to you; a way of life or life itself. Also, being a part of the system is not in opposition to being present with yourself. The trick is to find something you love, or at least like doing, that can support you and then remain present with yourself while being engaged in that activity. Even being a shelf re-stocker at a grocery store, what is the difference between being present with yourself during that activity and being present with yourself during sitting meditation or reading a book or walking through a park?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The more you have, the more you are afraid to lose it.

You probably are used to making big money now, and can't imagine life without it.

And yet the vast majority of people DON'T make big money. Are they more afraid than you? You'd be surprised, in many case it's actually the opposite.

Also, all the money of the world will not save you from the fear of death, your death, the death of your family.

You may ignore one or two fears, but you can't learn to accept fear that way.

It's basically as simple as LifeIsEnergy said. You either decide to be afraid NOW, or not. It's almost a conscious choice. The problem is that over time, fear becomes deeply rooted like a reflex reaction, and is triggered by imagination, not by the experience of what is feared itself. As far as I know, one of the best way to overcome the deeply-rooted "reflex" fears is to face them once and for all, and make them familiar.
edit on 16-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

top topics

join