It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The importance of when do you think you will die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Premature death is a touchy subject as most people believe they have a guarantee of three score years and ten.

After the premature death of Whitney Houston I thought that the following recent article would be relevant.

Science Daily (always an interesting site) reports that "the way people rate their health determines their probability of survival in the following decades".

"In the study, which was conducted in Switzerland, men who rated their health as "very poor" were 3.3 times more likely to die than men of the same age who rated their health as "excellent," and the risk of death was 1.9 times higher in women who rated their health as "very poor" than for those who rated it as "excellent."
www.sciencedaily.com...

It seems as though one almost is preparing for death at a certain age.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Or because they rate it as poor, because it is poor. If you have poor health, you are not going to live as long.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I rate my health as excellent,but I am aware I could die at any moment.
So,I just enjoy my time here best I can and not worry about it.
You could be the healthiest person on the planet,til you get hit by a bus.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Its all in your head.

I believed I would die at the age of 23, and I didn't, as far as I am aware of. Now I believe I will live forever.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I live my life day to day, my health is average but my family has a history of cancer but I don't like making long term plans or anything like that because you never know when you're going to die

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Did the study show a difference based on when you want to die?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If I chose a date that I want to die,it will be about 85 years old.
Long enough on the earth ,long enough to see my grandchildren,short enough to end the suffering of old age.
If any of you have been to a nursing home or have a relative in a nursing home,then you know what I'm talking about.
edit on 12-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

join