It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are we trying to get in touch with these "super earth" planets we've found or what?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Seti is a shop window of lies,full of mannequins dressed in hatred.

We are hearing about theses things many years after the discovery.The inhabitants of one of these worlds are slowly being drip fed to us...what ifs etc.

Just tell the full story already...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by rick004

Or maybe they sent a communicator but we all knowing humans shot them down because we are better then everything in existence...

Now they are sitting back saying to themselves "Let them suffer their fate."

Come on now. Who in their right mind would want to be neighbors with us. We destroy everything in our path and have little to no respect for others and their beliefs. If they did come it would only start another holy war among the religions.

We are like the obnoxious neighbor that never gets invited to all the community affairs... and wonders why...
edit on 13-2-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: typo... dooh!

Could not agree more,yes we as a race are pretty brutal for an intelligent species , beggars belief that any advanced ET intelligence would want to communicate with us unless they can see a positive and intelligent way of maybe influencing our decision making and our perceptions of our real place in this vast universe;I do hold on tom the hope that one day the human race will reach fro the stars with each other under the umbrella of world peace and understanding and with a huge dose of tolerance for each others beliefs and perceptions;

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

reply to post by rick004

Or maybe they sent a communicator but we all knowing humans shot them down because we are better then everything in existence...

Come on now. Who in their right mind would want to be neighbors with us. We destroy everything in our path and have little to no respect for others and their beliefs. If they did come it would only start another holy war among the religions.

We are like the obnoxious neighbor that never gets invited to all the community affairs... and wonders why...

Could not agree more,yes we as a race are pretty brutal for an intelligent species , beggars belief that any advanced ET intelligence would want to communicate with us unless they can see a positive and intelligent way of maybe influencing our decision making and our perceptions of our real place in this vast universe;I do hold on tom the hope that one day the human race will reach fro the stars with each other under the umbrella of world peace and understanding and with a huge dose of tolerance for each others beliefs and perceptions;

Until we meet another species I think the issue of how brutal we are in comparison can be left open. I don't see any compelling reason why a technologically advanced alien species would necessarily have to be what we would consider civilised.

Its ok to hope for the best as long as we expect and prepare for the worst.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is the controversy here:
UFOs are fact, spaceships or aircraft that can travel mach 3 and beyond are also considered to be real. Aliens are considered to be non-existent, it is all considered to be man-made. At the same time, the technology considered is what we see today - slow moving probes that would need hundreds of years to reach even the closest galaxy.

So which one?
1 we only have as technology what we see - these uber slow probes that are sent
2 we have the technology beyond mach 3 and already traveled to stars but this is not revealed in public
3 they do not belong to humans

If you exclude 1, it has no meaning when there are indeed higher technology aircraft
If you exclude 2, it means we have what we see and these do not belong to humans
If you exclude 3, it means we have the technology to travel but people don't know about it

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The nearest galaxy Andromeda is 2.3 million light years so at the speed of light its 2.3 million years so how do you work it out as hundreds.

Originally posted by Imtor
At the same time, the technology considered is what we see today - slow moving probes that would need hundreds of years to reach even the closest galaxy.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

reply to post by rick004

Until we meet another species I think the issue of how brutal we are in comparison can be left open. I don't see any compelling reason why a technologically advanced alien species would necessarily have to be what we would consider civilised.

Well to put it another way would any intelligent ET civilisation that is not as brutal as us or has eradicated war, poverty greed ect in is civilisation want to meet us;

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

reply to post by rick004

Well to put it another way would any intelligent ET civilisation that is not as brutal as us or has eradicated war, poverty greed ect in is civilisation want to meet us;

I think they would be very interested in keeping an eye (or other sensory organ) on us.

Given the rate of our technological development we are likely to be considered having the potential to become dangerous.

Such a societies eventual response to us would probably depend on whether or not they considered us to have the potential to reform or we were considered an irredeemable evolutionary lost cause.

edit on 19-2-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Imtor

The nearest galaxy Andromeda is 2.3 million light years so at the speed of light its 2.3 million years so how do you work it out as hundreds.

I was just saying it would take forever, If it has to be accurate and traveling with the speed of light: the speed of light c = 299 792 458 m / s ~= 300 000 000 m /s = 3x10^8 m/s s= ~= 2.5x10^22
t=s/c = 2.5x10^22/3x10^8 = 8x10^14s or 2 642 482 years which means the only way to achieve it is FTL or wormholes. In other words, it is impossible with the current public revealed technology.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Originally posted by Miccey

How would they know they NEED to?

If we were to SEND a signal to lets say the
planets discoverd by Kepler, would we use
simple radiosignals. Dont think so. 20ly,
radiosignal.. We would probobly try to
think of some FASTER way. .

Think of a faster way
we are using the speed of light so what have you got.

Yea, thats like saying:
We have Iron and we have copper.
Can make ony a IRON axe OR a COPPER axe.

And then NOT knowing, theres a little thing called.
Alloyes...

Can you explain what the F*** that has to do with what you said on your previous post ie think of a faster way

Ahhh No way...
Your the smartypants...
I let you put 2 and 2 TOGETHER

Iron and Copper mixed what´d you get??
2 + 2 = 4

But in science and physics there are a myrard of greyzones.
And we (humanity) have only scratched the surface imho...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If we do find a Planet like Earth then the government will definitely not tell anyone about it since it will easily hint the possibility of Extraterrestrial if not Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life which the government obviously does not want.
edit on 19-2-2012 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
If we do find a Planet like Earth then the government will definitely not tell anyone about it since it will easily hint the possibility of Extraterrestrial if not Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life which the government obviously does not want.
edit on 19-2-2012 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

The question is why would the government hide such a historical find? I think among many other reasons any technically advanced alien civilization would be kept from any other nation getting a hold of it. The government may know about alien civilizations but because of this you will never know.
edit on 19-2-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

If people find out that there is a planet that is of perfect distance from it's parent star and has liquid water then it's perfectly assumable that there is Extraterrestrial Life which goes against the bible and so religions will fall and the government will fall as well since religion is the biggest money maker of the government.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If people find out that there is a planet that is of perfect distance from it's parent star and has liquid water then it's perfectly assumable that there is Extraterrestrial Life which goes against the bible and so religions will fall and the government will fall as well since religion is the biggest money maker of the government.

It's just a matter of time before we find a planet in the " Goldilocks zone", in fact a few have already been identified this one being the first.

I disagree that religion will fall, just look at all the evidence of evolution and they still deny their origins from earth . I think if push comes to shove they will just modify their religion to fit current understanding and they have already began this process with the Vatican acknowledging that alien life was created by their god.
edit on 19-2-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We may have found a planet within the Habitable Zone but scientists will still say that there is still the chance of the planet being unhabitable due to not having water, too much gravity, too much atmospheric pressure (etc.) However I stil think religion will fall because if such a planet exists, people will understand that God does not exists because in the bible it says that there is no planet with life except of ours, and if people will make changes to the bible to make Extraterrestrial Life fit in then is it really religion if people change the bible instead of "God".

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

You see that is the crutch with religion and the bible, there are so many vague parables and contradictions, that you could argue that the bible proves purple unicorns exist.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The fact that you can put almost anything into the bible instantly points out that god doesn't exist, but yet so many people are still gullible enough to believe in "God" even after all this proof that God does not exist.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

We may have found a planet within the Habitable Zone but scientists will still say that there is still the chance of the planet being unhabitable due to not having water, too much gravity, too much atmospheric pressure (etc.) However I stil think religion will fall because if such a planet exists, people will understand that God does not exists because in the bible it says that there is no planet with life except of ours, and if people will make changes to the bible to make Extraterrestrial Life fit in then is it really religion if people change the bible instead of "God".

I think your DEADWRONG...
God Does Exist...
Not they the bible says no...But in each and everyone of us
there is things called empathy, emotions and grey boarders.
Hope and faith DOES NOT equal GOD and Jesus...
I have LOTS of hope and faith, in my self as a human being.
I dont trust ANYONE but myself, i dont pray to anyone but
myself.

So NO, God in the sence of a whiterobed old geezer in a big
beard is so wrong i cant even begin to explain.
But GOD in the sence of humanity is VERRY real.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

I meant the "God" with "Angels" and that is in "Heaven" does not exist, however i do believe that we are our own god as we control and believe in ourselves rather than praying and submitting all of our hopes into this fabricated ruler.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Miccey

I meant the "God" with "Angels" and that is in "Heaven" does not exist, however i do believe that we are our own god as we control and believe in ourselves rather than praying and submitting all of our hopes into this fabricated ruler.

Well
Then we agree that we agree...
We say the same thing..
ED: In different ways
edit on 2012/2/20 by Miccey because: addition

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The bible really doesn't say any of that, current dogmatic law is just stuff that was interpreted from the bible by people to suit their needs. If you were to read the bible as is and not subscribe to any religious methodology then you'd discover that it is very open to new ideas and concepts put forth by science.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Krazysh0t because: add some sentences

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join