It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange picture I took in 2007...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Well you have fun analyzing how a blanket mysteriously appeared in a photo.... of a guy in his room.... on his bed.... An ODD place you might find a blanket i suppose.... Sounds like a case for encyclopedia brown.....

Let me tell you something, friend. Here on ATS, civility and decorum is what we expect. It's a real shame when some one comes on here with a genuine question and they get a hard time for it. No one forced you to come in this thread. No one forced you to post. What you did is all on you.

You posted your opinion. What your posts lack are manners.Try leading by example next time.

So, while you sit here ridiculing people and pitching fits, we will go about acting like adults to see what answer we can come up with. You are also welcome to join us. We just expect the same civility that has been extended to you.

Now,I agree and so does the OP ( Maybe you missed it...) that there is a logical explanation for this picture. What we are trying to do is find that logical explanation because, they didn't have a blanket like that( As has been discussed).

Yep, it sure looks a lot like a blanket. That was my first thought as well. But I am not going to stick my finger in my ears and scream no no no. The OP is looking for that logical explanation. We are being told that they had no blanket like that, so lets look at other logical explanations as well.

I wonder of the possibility of some kind of processing error. Does anybody else here know more about digital photography?

edit on 12-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

The thing about this that bothers me a little bit is the date tag that is visible in the provided image. Do cell phones put a date tag on the image?

That is a good question. I admit I am not sure. I THINK ( Keep in mind I am not sure) that some have the option to include the date tag...In fact, I am pretty sure that at least Iphones can have them on there. I swear I remember seeing a picture that my friend took with her Iphone and it had a date on it....

I mean, the efix data does say it was taken with a cell phone. So, for what that is worth.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by tomjo

I searched and searched and the only thing I could come with was a face made by my imagination.

The "face" has a mustache and if you can't "see" it let me know.

For what it is worth, I looked where you circled and I am not seeing a face. I mean, maybe, if I use my imagination, but I am not seeing anything paranormal, personally.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That is a good question. I admit I am not sure. I THINK ( Keep in mind I am not sure) that some have the option to include the date tag...In fact, I am pretty sure that at least Iphones can have them on there. I swear I remember seeing a picture that my friend took with her Iphone and it had a date on it....

I have an iPhone and I'm not even sure about that haha...

I mean, the efix data does say it was taken with a cell phone. So, for what that is worth.

The exif data is what it is here, and it can easily be altered so its not a definitive source of evidence as much anymore. This picture is peculiar if it is as the OP states, but i think this is really as far as it is going. Unless we can get the uncropped image and check that out as well.

Like I said, there are a few different options as to a non-paranormal explanation, (non-paranormal, I guess I should have just said normal...)

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what we can do more, but I dont really think much more can be done.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

I have an iPhone and I'm not even sure about that haha...

Fair enough.I admit, I am one of the three people in the world who don't have a cell phone. God only knows how I survive with out one.

Anyway, yes, it looks like cell phones can have a date stamp. Here is a review of the same phone that the OP has.

K750i's camera boasts auto focus and macro focus for close-ups; a night mode; an 8-second self-timer; color effects such as black and white, negative, and sepia; white-balance settings; a 4X digital zoom; a time and date stamp; picture frames

reviews.cnet.com...

The exif data is what it is here, and it can easily be altered so its not a definitive source of evidence as much anymore. This picture is peculiar if it is as the OP states, but i think this is really as far as it is going. Unless we can get the uncropped image and check that out as well.

Oh, can it? Duly noted. Yes, could we get the full non cropped picture, OP? I agree that would help us greatly.

edit on 13-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well being a dirty liberal hippie I wouldnt expect you to have a cell phone

And I guess that settles the date stamp issue. Now onto the uncropped image...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Fair enough!

As you say, on to the uncropped picture. How about it, OP?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for actually taking the time to look into this for me.

Now I didn't actually realise but the picture in the OP was cropped (i presume to zoom in on the random part). I had a look for my old memory stick and have since found the original image which is here:

Now for some reason the exif data for this image doesn't show up on Jeffreys or exifdata website, but using the EXIF data chrome extension found here and using the image here you can get the exif data from it.

With regards to the date, I was wondering why it didn't show all of it myself, turns out I did crop it. It was on a Sony Ericcson K750i - it was automatically set up to have the date and time like that on the photos - you had to remove it manually.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Oh, forgot to add the exif data from the original:

Exif Version 0220
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space 1
Pixel X Dimension 480
Pixel Y Dimension 640
Components Configuration YCbCr
Date Time Original 2007:01:17 20:32:22
Date Time Digitized 2007:01:17 20:32:22
Exposure Time 1/20
F Number 2.8
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Metering Mode CenterWeightedAverage
Light Source Unknown
Flash Flash did not fire
Custom Rendered Normal process
White Balance Auto white balance
Digital Zoom Ration 1
Scene Capture Type Standard
Subject Distance Range Distant view
InteroperabilityIFDPointer 4714
ExifIFDPointer 2308
Orientation 1
YCbCr Positioning 2
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Resolution Unit 72
Date Time 2012:02:13 06:13:57
Make Sony Ericsson
Model K750i
Software Microsoft Windows Photo Viewer 6.1.7600.16385

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tomjo

Hi, first I also thought that this was a blanket. Then I looked closer. Is it me, I can see the dark top somehow through this blanket? So it is either a very thin blanket or something else. I can also see a little shadow from the curtains through the so called blanket.
Now, to someone who hasn't been there it does look quite blankety. However the OP is sitting in such a way that suggests that there wasn't one. It is not wrapped around him in a way but more in front of him like a wall.

I personally can only say that it looks like a thin blanket; nevertheless if the OP and his friends thought that it looks weird and that there was no blanket, then it is quite an interesting mystery. I love the mundane mysteries and somehow hope it wasn't just a blanket, that would be brilliant.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
OP what would really help your claims here would be an exact photo, same distance, height, and with you in the same position without the said object present, then ATS'ers could get a perspective.

Any chance you could post one for us?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

After flicking through all my old memory sticks I can comfortably say that I do not have any other pictures taken in the same area of my room

Even if I was to take one now it wouldn't help because the single bed has gone, and there is now a settee and a cabinet there instead!

Think I will have to give up on this one. I'm gonna try and have a play editing the image see if I can find anything but after that I'm giving up...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I can tell what this is without dissecting the photo data or anything.

It's a classic example of matrixing.

The brain is hardwired to look for things it recognizes, so, it can take an unfamiliar shape and try to associate it with something it recognizes.

I see it all the time.

It's the same thing a seeing a cloud and thinking it looks like something else.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

The brain is hardwired to look for things it recognizes, so, it can take an unfamiliar shape and try to associate it with something it recognizes.

I see it all the time.

But the question is, what it is that we ARE looking at? No one is claiming it to be a ghost or anything. The OP says it's not a blanket as they had no blanket like it....

I understand the fact that we can see what looks like one thing, but it is actually something else. Just like when we look at a cloud and it looks like a bunny. It's not really a bunny. It's just a could....

So, what is it that we really ARE seeing?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Just like when we look at a cloud and it looks like a bunny. It's not really a bunny. It's just a could....

Classic case of pareidolia...or just Photoshop?

Anyway, the light gradients of this "object that shouldn't be there" is conform to what expected from a shoot taken using flash:

So it looks like a real object, react like a real object... Could it really be a paranormal thing?

edit on 14-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Is there a ghost face in your blanky or something cause I'm lost...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
OP, with all due respect, is it possible you may have been drunk or stoned in this picture and just forgot you had a blanket, or someone else's blanket over you?
The time and date stamp says the date, which was a Wednesday. No offence lol but you look like you might have been in your late school years/6th form/college age and it was 8:30pm. Perhaps you were really tired and just forgot you had a blanket on or don't remember that blanket.

The reason I ask is, because I have moments all the time where I go to do something, only to notice that what I was going to do had already been done. For example, the other night I was in the bath. I'd just been to the gym, I am getting over a cold. I remember thinking to myself, "I need to get out and get dressed ASAP. It's gonna be as cold as buggery out there" and I kept procrastinating about it. In the end, I went to take the plug out, to realise I'd already done it. It was already wrapped around the tap and the water was already draining. I don't remember for the life of me taking the plug out, but I assume I had done it because I was already thinking about doing it and I was knackered.

However, I'm not saying I don't believe you. Only recently I posted a photo which was met with some scorn. I think it's just unfortunate that you had to have been sitting on/in a bed when this photo was taken. If it was on a beach, it would definitely be out of place lol

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It's not a duvet, it looks like a torn blanket or sheet. I say torn because the little flaps and folds alone it's top are in a queer place.

What it also looks like is the stuff in those old spiritualist photos that was supposed to be ectoplasm but that people said were strips of muslin.

What's the bluey-grey square patch on it? Can someone zoom?

If they were my pics and I was 100% that a duvet WASN'T there, I'd shart myself.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Is it a Cornish Pasty ?

Peace

But then again....yeah I see it now !!!!
Its folds in a duvet ?

edit on 052929p://02America/Chicago14 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

That's what I was wondering about also, the exif data says there was no flash. Then again there used to be a lamp behind there that picture was taken so it's probably that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join