It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange picture I took in 2007...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello,

I've got to my 20 posts so would like to share a picture on my computer form a few years back that I found weird then - and still do now.

Here it is:

As you can see it is a picture that was taken of me in the corner of my room where my bed is.

Part of the image has added something. What I have marked as red below, was not there!

This has confused me ever since it was took back in 2007. Can anyone explain this? I thought it could be lag from the camera stretching the duvet further out but it can't be... There is no colour - and it doesn't match the shape of the duvet either.

If you're wondering why the image quality is so low it is a phone picture taken in 2007 with a 2MP camera indoors in very little light...

I wonder what it is? If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Maybe because people like to see the original image to see whether it has been photoshopped or not by checking the EXIF data...

link   
Welcome to ATS...looks like a walrus to me...

link   
Cameras are not as accurate as our eyes, chances are this. If you didnt notice anything weird with your comforter while the picture was taken, chances are it is a processing/focus error.

Also, I see absolutely nothing wrong in said picture. Just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjo
reply to post by dayve

Maybe because people like to see the original image to see whether it has been photoshopped or not by checking the EXIF data...

Perfect answer, my friend. That is something that is asked for routinely here on ATS, so good for you.

Now I admit, I am not much help. I looked at the picture and I thought it was a comforter. Hmm, I guess there is not a chance of it being something as simple as you just not realizing that there was something like a blanket in in the shot?

Dumb question, I am sure. But it can't hurt to ask.

It could be just a processing issue. Phone/digital cameras do screw up sometimes

edit on 12-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

I dont get it though he just outlined a blanket... OR am i not seeing what every one else sees....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tomjo

it just looks like a normal guy, laying on his bed, partially coevered by a white sleeping blanket

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tomjo

Picture or I won't beli......

Oh damn.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by dayve

That was totally uncalled for. I hope you get a ban out of it.

Idc.... these lame ass pictures with nothing but someones face are pointless and a waste of time to look at...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Lucky for you, no one is forcing you to "waste your time" looking at them.

Let's calm down everyone. We can discuss the pictures civilly. Nothing to be upset about.

OP, what can you tell us about the possibility that you may have gotten a blanket in the picture with out realizing it?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wait so the OP can't remember getting a blanket?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well I would say it is very unlikely - I never had a blanket as such but it is on my bed. I originally thought it looks like my duvet but I remember me and my friends being confused as to where it came from because there was nothing there and you can see the edge of it at the bottom of the picture.

The only sort plausible explanation that I can think of is that it is the inside of my duvet, but even that doesn't sound right to me.

A) I had a single bed, so it shouldn't be that wide anyway.
B) It would have to be half out for that to happen - and I am reasonably tidy.
C) There were 4 people in the room, we were all confused by the photo.
D) Duvets are not that shape (by my chin).

Now I do know it's not something paranormal as such and do believe it is just something to do with my camera but I can honestly say there was no blanket or anything like that around me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Now I do know it's not something paranormal as such and do believe it is just something to do with my camera but I can honestly say there was no blanket or anything like that around me.

Fair enough. The only other thing I can think of would be some kind of camera malfunction, so to speak. Maybe it had an issue processing the image. I don't know.

Granted, it does not look paranormal to me.

I admit, I don't know that much about photography, so I am not the best one to say it is a camera issue. But there are lots of people here who really know what they are doing, who are bound to be able to figure this one out.

Sorry I am not of more help.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by dayve

Let's calm down everyone. We can discuss the pictures civilly. Nothing to be upset about.

OP, what can you tell us about the possibility that you may have gotten a blanket in the picture with out realizing it?

Well you have fun analyzing how a blanket mysteriously appeared in a photo.... of a guy in his room.... on his bed.... An ODD place you might find a blanket i suppose.... Sounds like a case for encyclopedia brown.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by dayve

Best thing I've read all day...kudos to you gimme

Now back to the topic, the OP outlined what looks like a blanket/comforter in the picture, and claims it was not there when the picture was taken. That is the evidence that we have to proceed with.

As other have mentined it could be a processing error, it looks to be digital, havnt looked at exif yet...
It was film I would say double exposure, but like I said it looks to be digital.

My initial thought on a 5 year old picture, is just that the blanket was actually there and the OP remembers incorrectly, or it was actually closer to the camera and not to him, so it appears in the picture but wasnt actually covering him.

Next lets check the exif

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tomjo

Strangely enough I look at these pictures before reading the posts to let my eyes see what they can before someone tells my brain what to see. I searched and searched and the only thing I could come with was a face made by my imagination.

The "face" has a mustache and if you can't "see" it let me know.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Doodle19815 because: To edit pic

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I see absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in this picture. I don't even know why I bother looking at pictures here anymore, not once have I seen anything extraordinary or paranormal, just blurry pictures and specs of dust and camera glitches.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
exif data:
here

Date matches up with the OP claims.
Photo was taken with a cell phone Sony Ericson K750i which matches the time frame, the model is about 6 yrs old or so.

The thing about this that bothers me a little bit is the date tag that is visible in the provided image. Do cell phones put a date tag on the image?

As we know exif data can be altered and edited and is no longer the end all be all of photo analysis.

OP is it possible to get an image that has not been cropped for size cutting off the date tag. It does look like it says '17' from what we can see, which matches the jan 17 on the exif, just trying to cover all bases here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join