It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mortal Who Shook Heaven and Hell!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What exactly is your point?

Do you have one?

The fact that sun rays come to earth and are capable of feeling warm on ur arm as u cruise down the road is not only proof that sound travels in space. But also proof space has temperature.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

What exactly is your point?

Do you have one?

The fact that sun rays come to earth and are capable of feeling warm on ur arm as u cruise down the road is not only proof that sound travels in space. But also proof space has temperature.

I try not to be rude even though I will Heartily agree or disagree with a person or debated subject....but you and everyone else will have to excuse me on this reply because I cannot help myself.

What you have in your statement about sound traveling in space and space having temperature.....are two of the most grossly idiotic and illogical statements that a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT could prove by experimentation as incorrect....concepts I have EVER read on this board.

Now...I am not calling you a Bad Person or anything of that nature....but how in the WORLD could you possibly BELIEVE what you wrote?!? The Solar Radiation as well as a Host of other forms of Cosmic Radiation that find their way through the Earths Electromagnetic Field....then these particle/wave forms of energy must penetrate our OZONE Layer...then....some may be reflected by moisture in the air....the remainder....traveling at a speed of 186,300 mps....the Speed of Light....slam into anything and anyone on the Daylight side of the Earth. UV Radiation will even penetrate cloud cover so you can still get a tan on a cloudy day. These forms of Solar and Cosmic Radiation are NOT SOUND. If they were....there would be one Hell of alot of Super Sonic Booms going off! LOL! SPACE by definition...is just that...SPACE, VOID...now Solar Radiation can travel THROUGH SPACE and Create HEAT by Solar Radiation Photons...interfering with any objects Atoms Electron Orbits of the Atoms Nucleus...there by causing Vibrationary Friction...but the SPACE never has a temperature because it is NOTHING....and true Spacial Void created in a Vacuum Tube with a candle suspended inside by a thread of asbestos....a blow torch can be directly shot at the Glass....and the Glass will melt before the candle inside will...this will happen as the glass melts and Hot Air rushes into the Tube. Space does not conduct heat nor have a temp. But Solar Radiation as well as Cosmic Rays can trave through space to Heat something in a spacial void. The same experiment...use a Magnifying glass to focus the Suns Rays and you can melt the candle. The Focused Solar Radiation does not Heat ANYTHING OTHER THAN what it is focused at...but space cannot obtain temperature. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I take it you wear a winter coat year round? Summer feel cold to you?

Do you know how a microwave works?

If you agree that summer is warm! The you admit that heat wave from the sun travel vast distances to bring us heat. You also then know that the surface of the moon has temperatur with no atmosphere. So that takes that rebuttal from you.

Now that you have agreed that the sun is hot and you can feel that warmth out here on planet 3. You admit that space has temperature. Otherwise we would not be warmed by the sun.

I'm sure you know how a microwave works. Radio waves increase the vibration of the water molecules hence why it works best with frozen foods. Therefore sun waves are nothing more then sound waves.

And since NASA has seti programs and communicate with satelities via waves! Then you also admit space can and has sound.

Anything else you need to tell me I'm ignorant on?
edit on 23-2-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If you agree that summer is warm! The you admit that heat wave from the sun travel vast distances to bring us heat. You also then know that the surface of the moon has temperatur with no atmosphere. So that takes that rebuttal from you.

Now that you have agreed that the sun is hot and you can feel that warmth out here on planet 3. You admit that space has temperature. Otherwise we would not be warmed by the sun.

I'm sure you know how a microwave works. Radio waves increase the vibration of the water molecules hence why it works best with frozen foods. Therefore sun waves are nothing more then sound waves.

And since NASA has seti programs and communicate with satelities via waves! Then you also admit space can and has sound.

I can't go on with this stupidity....if anyone else wants to enlighten this person...go ahead...but I will not waste time. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I can't go on with this stupidity....if anyone else wants to enlighten this person...go ahead...but I will not waste time. Split Infinity

So SplitInfinity what exactly is your point?

I've been lurking through this thread for sometime now.

I can tell you everything has gone over your head.

Last I checked SETI has satelites directed at the sky.

Didn't Neil Armstrong on the moon's surface have some key words that will reverberrate throughout history?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

HUH???

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sound doesn't exist in space!

These are quasi-standing extremely low frequency (ELF) waves that naturally exist in the earth‘s ”electromagnetic" cavity, the space between the ground and the ionosphere. These ”earth brainwaves" are identical to the spectrum of our brainwaves. (1 hertz = 1 cycle per second, 1 Khz = 1000, 1 Mhz =1 million. A 1 Hertz wave is 186,000 miles long; 10 Hz is 18,600 miles. Radio waves move at the speed of light.)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm afrad ancient aliens evolution and zecharia sitchin are all correct!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
LOOK! For the LAST TIME! You are confusing a WORD...SOUND...which is a KINETIC VIBRATIONARY STATE THAT OCCURS AT A MULTITUDE OF WAVELENGTHS.....with Radiation traveling through Space/Time....whether that radiation be Solar or Cosmic Rays or whatever else.

The fact that the Suns Rays warm your skin is because the Solar Radiation which comes in a variaty of wavelengths....UV Light...X-Ray...Visable light....Infra-Red...and a whole lot more....makes you warm because the ATOMS that make up your skin and body...have ELECTRON FIELDS SURROUNDING THEM THAT GET DISRUPTED by the Generated Solar Radiation...this disruption causes the entire Atom to Vibrate thus tansfering it's virationary state to any other atom that is connected...this bombardment occurs at the speed of light which is 186,300 miles a second. So as the electron fields get disrupted...the atoms achieve a vibrationary state and this of course is HEAT.

Unless there is a particle or object...and there always is....in between the Solar Radiation Broadcast and Earths Atmosphere and surface and everything on it. The empty SPACE DOES NOT CONDUCT ANYTHING...nor does EMPTY SPACE HEAT UP....only matter in space which is being subject to radiation can achieve temperature or matter that is in a state of friction with other matter or Matter that is being Gravitationaly effected such as some of Jupiters moons that because of Jupiters massive Gravity well...have their internal and external material heated via friction from gravitational effect. This is also why the Earths core is Hot since the Earth has enough matter to create a great enough gravity well in conjuction to Earths Moons gravitational effect and our SUN....to have a Liquid Molten Core that is spinning and creates our Magnetic Field that protects the Earth from the Majority of Bad Solar Flares and othe Cosmic Radiation because without it...we would be crispy critters. Continued...S.I.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Continued....
Now....all this Radiation that does make it through Earths spinning Molten Iron Cores Electromagnetic Field...traveling at 186,300 miles per second....are QUANTUM PARTICLES existing as both in a quasi-particle/wave state.

SOUND...is simply what you may or maynot be able to hear depending on frequency that is traveling at about 700 miles per hour as a KINETIC TRANSFER OF Matter coming into contact with other matter. OR....some form of Quantum Reaction such as focusing light from the sun with a magnifying glass on a sealed glass capsul of water till it pops....transfering the movement through a medium...in this case...AIR...and traveling at about 700 miles per hour.

The speed of sound is variable depending on the material it is kineticly transfered through with sound traveling faster through solids...less so in liquids and slower still through gases. SOUND NEEDS A MEDIUM TO TRAVEL THOUGH THUS TRULY EMPTY SPACE CANNOT TRANSFER SOUND!

TRULY EMPTY SPACE CANNOT HEAT UP BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO HEAT....ONLY AN OBJECT OR GAS OR DUST CAN BE HEATED UP INSIDE A VACUUM! Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The Interplanetary Internet must be robust to withstand delays, disruptions and disconnections in space. Glitches can happen when a spacecraft moves behind a planet, or when solar storms and long communication delays occur. The delay in sending or receiving data from Mars takes between three-and-a-half to 20 minutes at the speed of light.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The Interplanetary Internet must be robust to withstand delays, disruptions and disconnections in space. Glitches can happen when a spacecraft moves behind a planet, or when solar storms and long communication delays occur. The delay in sending or receiving data from Mars takes between three-and-a-half to 20 minutes at the speed of light.

www.nasa.gov...

YES...this is true....line of sight must exist for Radio broadcast reception....so what is your point here? Radio waves which move at the Speed of Light...186,300 miles a second....and are sent and recieved at a certain predetermined frequency....or wavelength...are NOT SOUND. The Digital or Analog...if older...information broadcast....is recieved either by Satellite then relayed to Earth or recieved by a Large array of Radio Telescopes or just plain Radio Dishes of good size...the Radio signal is basically Electromagnetic Radiation that once recieved is processed via Computers to clean up any degedation of signal and if digital...you know...100010001...that is S.O.S. by the way...is decoded and becomes readable data. If you attach a radio reciever...the reciever will transform the signal into information that can be sent to a speaker to create SOUND.
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If I cough on the moon that made a sound out in space. You on the earth are gonna hear it.

Sound is everything even if it's in the form of em waves!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Unless you are miced up....with a radio transmitter...no one is going to hear you on EARTH! Why to you stick to this preposterous concept? Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

As I sit here and listen to Iron Maiden I can't help but realise that my ears are infact em wave recievers because the em waves being transmitted through the speakers of my computer are radio waves that i'am hearing as sound. Therefore everything is sound.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

As I sit here and listen to Iron Maiden I can't help but realise that my ears are infact em wave recievers because the em waves being transmitted through the speakers of my computer are radio waves that i'am hearing as sound. Therefore everything is sound.

You do realize you are talking to a Musician right? Your speakers do one thing...they move air mass at specific intervals and frequecy of virationary kinetic wave trasfer though a medium...that being air.....thus creating...sound or music in some cases...depending on the band! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Exactly! now what happens the readio transmitter sends a radio wave to the reciever and your ears pick it up?

Ever used a light bulb to warm your hands up?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Exactly! now what happens the readio transmitter sends a radio wave to the reciever and your ears pick it up?

Ever used a light bulb to warm your hands up?

My ears here the sound produced my the speakers that are recieving an electromagnetic interpretation of what the reciever is decoding from the radio Brodcast signal...the signal is decoded now days a digital signal...and this turns on and off an electromagnet at the back of a speaker. The speaker is pushed out at various rates to recreate the kinetic transfer of sound. The speaker is pushing and vibrating air mass...which is the medium that is being used to transfer sound.

If i have a bulb that is incandecent...thus it produces light via electricity making a filament glow...which creates more heat than light and this bulb is filled with an Argon Nitrogen mix. In a Fluorescent Bulb...electricity is used to excite Mercury Vapor and a Ballast must be used to regulate the current though the bulb.

Incandecent Bulbs produce way too much heat than light so they are costly to opperate. But in an incandecent bulb you need a filament to glow hot and this heat transfer is conducted by the medium of the Gas mixture...Argon and Nitrogen...picked because of their ability to remain innert...allow transferenceof built up heat...and not allow the filament to quickly burn out.

In a Fluorescent bulb...the excited mercury vapor must be regulated and other types of Lights such as Neon, Xenon, or other noble gases or Halogens...etc...plus additives for color....produce much less heat.

If you had a glass tube...with a high melting point...and electromagneticly suspended a piece of paper with on the ends of this paper strip some small pieces of Iron...and the Glass tube was a perfect vacuum....with the only thing inside was the paper and Iron pieces as to keep the paper and the Iron electromagneticly suspended as so nothing touched the actual Glass of this Vacuum. and you placed a heating coil against the Vacuum tube but again that tube was not in contact with the stripof paper or the Iron connectors to the paper oneach end of the paper strip as this was allowing the paper as well as the Iron not to touch the glass tube....and then you started to heat the glass tube with a gas torch...burnin a gas hot enogh to make paper burn...at or over 451 degrees Fahrenheit....but below the melting point of this special Tempered Glass...the PAPER WOULD NEVER CATCH FIRE OR SMOLDER OR OBTAIN ANY TEMPERATUREOTHER THAN THE TEMP. IT WAS AT WHEN PLACED IN THE TUBE AND AS IT'S TEMPERATURE FELLFROM CONTACT WITH TRUE SPACE OR VACUUM SURROUNDING THE Paper strip and iron connectors to the paper to keep it Electromagnetically alligned not to touch the tube.

As long as there is TRUE SPACE BETWEEN THIS PAPER AND IT'S CONNECTORS....the paper will not burn or smolder or attain any temp. higher than when it first was placed inside...in act the papers temp. will drop..

Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You should look into harmonics scientist are basically saying that light is sound. They don't want you to know it fully because so many keys are given once you realise this gem.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

you dont get it. thats alright, not everyone does

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join