It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashed Cops Shoot Unarmed Woman Motorist To Death For Rolling Up Her Car Window

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Since not all of the facts are in I will refrain from any form of judgement towards the LEO or the Civilian Casualty. This is a sad situation overall though. If this incident did in fact go down as the LEO states it did then he will most likely be cleared in accordance to Protocols and SOP.

Me personally, I would have reached for my telescopic baton to breach the window to break my arm/hand free. Or at minimal to inward and down to breach the window. I would not have discharged 6 rounds into the driver or directly at the window in the direction of the driver.

Without all the facts though it's just us guessing and people bashing and hating. I get it though. People are jaded by LEOs now a days and LEOs are jaded by the public as well. It's a messed up situation.

I will stay apprised of this case though. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Two things here...If his arm was in the window and she was "dragging" him he did have the use of deadly force .....however why was his arm in the window? And 2nd ya he's in some trouble if he just shot because she rolled up her window..I usually tend to side on the cops side cause its what I do, but this one looks bad. Maybe more details will come out on this one ...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why was the cops arm inside her vehicle?
Isn't that trespassing on his part?
Isnt that like a cop putting his foot in your doorway so you cant close the door?

Also, if his gun arm was caught in the window, did he shoot her by accident trying to shoot the window?
Then again, why would it take six shots to break free from the window?

Also, why even try to stop her. He probably had her license and registration.
He could have easily found her at home.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Yep. The story is full of holes. I would like to hear it all, but I have a feeling this cop crossed the line.

This is from the OP's source:

Buchele is a carpenter who was working on the house next door. He says he heard loud arguing outside and looked through a window where he had a clear view of the school parking lot. Cook was in her Jeep Wrangler . State police say Cook rolled up the window, catching the officer's arm inside, and then dragged him. Buchele says it didn't happen that way. He describes an encounter which looked and sounded like the officer shooting a person a point blank range, not because he feared for his life, but because the woman did not obey his order to stop rolling up the window. "He was right next to the vehicle. He had one hand on the door handle and one hand on his weapon. And she was rolling the window up. And they were exiting out of the parkng lot.

edit on 13-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Does anyone see anything suspicious in the eyewitness account? I'm not condoning what seems to be a terrible over reaction, just asking........

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wazorshawp

Not really. What do you think is suspicious about it?

How would he remove his weapon from the holster and fire with accuracy while having his arm trapped in the window and being dragged? It is just not likely.

Buchele says the officer was not dragged and that he shot her before she drove away. He says he didn't have his arm caught because the officer's left hand was on the door handle and right hand was holding a weapon.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

He will get away with it. As someone who wanted to be a police officer in my youth now at age 56 I find them to be vile vermin who are out of control. At worst he will be suspended and perhaps kicked off the force but he will never spend one day behind bars. I'll believe the witnees before Rambo the cop anyday...even if he is a crackhead. Cops are mostly men with small "packages" who have to compensate by acting tough...as long as they have a gun and shield to hide behind.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Maybe his arm was in the window to try to shut off the car?

No it's not trespassing in either case.

How do you know which arm was stuck?

I think the trooper's reaction was wrong from what I see, but let's get more info.

I still think their is something wrong with the eyewitness statement. Just sayin'......

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
He could have just broken the glass and shot a tire. He was looking for an excuse to murder someone.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
[more]

6 eyewitnesses will give 6 stories. That's just normal.

Usually, they are not so specific and detailed.

Also, notice that he heard the shots, then looked.

How would he know how the trooper's arm was stuck to begin with?

It would appear to me that he had his arm in the window to try and get the keys or shut down the car. If she rolled the window up on his arm and started to drive off, he is in trouble.

IMHO, still not a deadly force situation, but dangerous.

His holster side may have been free while he was caught in the window.

I'm not condoning the actions, just suggesting there may be more to come........

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
dbl post

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wazorshawp

Read again. He said he looked out when he heard arguing. He was watching before the shooting occurred. That is how he knew the arm wasn't stuck. I posted the excerpts in my previous posts on this page.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Okay let's break this down to its basic elements.

Apparently we have an older woman, in the car park of a religious school, who taught Sunday school sometimes.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary with these facts - if the article is correct.

Apparently we have a Police officer stating he was dragged along the road related area because his arm/elbow was caught in the window - the window having been wound up by the driver.

Six shots were fired from the police issue weapon - I find this excessive use of force.

The questions I have to ask are; even if she was dragging you along the road related area - it was a bloody car park - how fast does anyone drive in a carpark? Was she trying to get the car in or out of a park to be in a better position to speak with the officer? Did she drive off because the officer was rude or behaved in a way that offended or frightened her?

In Australia - during my Police training - it is drummed into you - NEVER shoot a fleeing felon. In other words - you never shoot someone who is fleeing a scene.

Even if the deceased woman was committing a crime - highly unlikely - shooting a person in the back or as they are fleeing is an offence in Australia. If the felon is attacking you with something - a knife or pulls out a gun and aims at you or anything that puts you in fear of your life - then and only then are you justified to resort to lethal force.

This is another outrageously insane incident - I am wishing it is a fake story - like the ones on wellaware1.

Much Peace...to the Sunday school Teacher who was minding her own business...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

WOW, WOW, WOW !!!!!
My Heart goes out to Mr. Cook and May God Bless Him and his wife!! ... It's time for the Good People of Culpeper to arm themselves with the Constitition, it's obvious, that police department needs a major overhaul!!

Here in Trenton/Hamilton New Jersey area, if one doesn't feel safe for whatever reason when stop by the Police or someone who is pretending to be the law, you can always roll-up your window and tell the officer/person you'll meet them at the nearest Police station or public place to discuss whatever issue that caused to be pull-overwithout repercussion from the law!! That's guarantee...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The way American police behave is unbelievable. I've watched countless episodes of Cops and things like that, and I'm always shocked how aggresive they get over the smallest things compared to our British police.

Ended her life over a minor problem..

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
First impressions are the most telling.
If this woman was attempting to flee or being a bich from the start, aggressive, and belligerent, well that was a bad first move on her part. I have never been harassed here in North Carolina.... that place most of you think is populated by inbred deliverance types. I have always had good dealings, professional confrontations. Act an ass to authority, and you will likely get harassed or arrested, it is their domain in which you are interacting. I'm just saying. Sorry for the woman.... but do you think she behaved inappropriately? Six shots, make me think she was not just leaving the scene, but was attempting to take the officer with her, dragging him.

Also, look at the proximity to Washington DC... it's nuts up there, not a place to live or go.

Yea, the cops-hop will get sued, a payday for the husband, and the taxpayers will fund more jerk-orama cops actions.

There definitely needs to be a new mindset in law enforcement instituted nationwide. This behavior is unacceptable and just EGO and power trips. Hope the cop never washes his memory of this event, but it haunts him throughout his life.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus

Also, look at the proximity to Washington DC... it's nuts up there, not a place to live or go.

Culpeper is hardly like DC. It's a little town in the middle of nowhere .

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

It sounds really, really bad.....but lets wait till all the facts are in. Still many questions to be answered. Everyone, even police are innocent until proven guilty.
brice

The closest thing we'll get to "facts" in this case is the testimony from that third party witness. Everything after the fact will be a cover story to protect the cop and/or the precinct.

edit on 13-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

There may be some good cops in this world, but cops like this don't deserve to breathe.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by seedofchucky

If the cop is guilty of a crime???????? Shooting an unarmed 54 year old woman for no reason is a crime.

Exactly!!!...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join