It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashed Cops Shoot Unarmed Woman Motorist To Death For Rolling Up Her Car Window

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

TERMS & CONDTIONS OF USE

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

edit on February 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i'd like to see the driver side of her vehicle before making any judgements.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

My question: how does one get ones arm "stuck" in a window going up when one is outside the car?

Think about it. If you have your arm on an open window, and the person inside the car starts rolling up up the window, what do you do? You will automatically pull out your arm before thinking about it. Right?

I think somebody has to make an active decision to put one's arm in a rolling-up window.

My guess: woman started rolling up window, cop got pissed off and stuck his hand inside to mash the window button back down, but miscalculated. If the woman had lived she would have reported the cop's foolishness.

This cops actions are enough to show that he isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Therefor the scenario you just described would probably be.spot on with what actually happened.

I honestly think that about 90% of the time cops look for ways to intensify the situation in a negative way just so they can justify their excessive use of force.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I can imagine a situation where it was. If he *was* caught, he could have been dragged under the wheel. I know in such a situation I would just keep shooting until she stopped.

Depends on the bullets' vectors.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

Yes because shooting cops who shoot people solves all the problems.

Great.

Division is a wonderful lie.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

It looks like she was there to help at the church, based on the story
I would not be surprised if he was driving by and saw how good looking she was and came over and made advances to her. When she refused and tried to take off, he said screw you and killed her.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Like you said, peace officers are a thing of the past.
They now ramp up and escalate situations.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
This story is U N B E L I E V A B L E.

A cop shot a 50+ woman school teacher to death because she was "disobeying" him and driving away. The cop's story was that she rolled the window on his arm and was driving away, so to save himself, he shot her "SIX" times. An eye witness contradicts him 100%

Patricia A. Cook Dies In Culpeper Police Officer Involved Shooting In VA

CULPEPER, Va. (WUSA) -- An eyewitness to a fatal police shooting in Culpeper, Virginia is contradicting the State Police version of the story.

Kris Buchele says he saw a Culpeper Town Police officer shoot 54-year-old Patricia Cook to death in the Epiphany Catholic School parking lot at around 10 a.m. Thursday, February 9.

Full story here

This lady was NOT a school teacher. It seems that there is distortion, hype and deception from the police, the witness and the ATS poster. The honest truth is probably different than any of the accounts given.
-cwm

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why didn't he just shoot the window?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
something doesn't add up here ...he shot at her 6 times and several of those were after he "had his arm out"? I don't know what happened but I believe that he tried to stop her from rolling up the window... if he shot out the window while it was all the way up his arm could not be in it......??? we need more info here....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Cops > citizens, he won't do time, least of all get a murder charge brought against him. Worst that can happen is the cop gets discharged/suspended. Cops don't turn on their own, let's be real...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well, the fact is police have become quite comfortable shooting unarmed suspects across the US. Didn't it used to be that they couldn't shoot unless you were armed/a clear threat to safety of others?

Whatever reason she was parked at that church/school, there is no reason in the universe she should be dead right now (given all the evidence presented). If the carpenter is legit, the ballistics will easily prove what happened.

I don't know...my spidey-senses tell me this was a lover's dispute, although there was a call about her being parked. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it turns out the call is traced back to the officer.

Two things I add to these discussions every time:

1. Tasers have desensitized police to using pain to gain obedience. Before tasers, cops had to use their brains and words to defuse situations. Today all they know to do is demand compliance, and respond with increasing levels of force. There is no reasoning, no listening, no respect for the person of interest. If you are in a cop's sights (pun intended) you automatically become a target that can deserve physical coersion with (potentially) very little resistance. Very few police are willing to listen.

2. There's a dirty little secret in the police world that no one wants to talk about, but is very likely the root of many of these shootings. STEROIDS. Yup, steroid use in police ranks is rampant. I was going to provide an example, but the google search alone sums it up:Steroid use by police officers

edit on 12-2-2012 by blamethegreys because: link issues

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
While there are certainly cases where the cops do criminal things, we should probably wait to see how this develops before another wave of paranoia sets into ATS where everyone starts saying within the year cops will be in SS uniforms mowing down pregnant widows on welfare for littering. ATS always assumes that the cop was out for blood and picked an innocent victim. This site always talks about how the cops and courts assume guilty until proven innocent now a days and immediately most members do the exact same thing with all cops. Maybe the witness is right or maybe like most witnesses there is only a grain of truth to what he says or he has an agenda. I have seen plenty of witness reports after shootings, especially in high crime areas, where all the witnesses say "he wasnt doing anything the cops just pulled him over and killed him", and when about a day later the dash cam comes out and they show the guy pulling a gun and then being shot. I just always find it interesting this site is always so anti cop and generally there is no reason for it

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
i have no doubt what the witness claims is true... and i have read elsewhere that she was at the school looking for work.

but i am the most curious to know WHY she rolled up the window and tried to drive away.

since the policeman is most likely a liar and a murderer, it is doubtful we will ever know the true story. who knows what he might have said to her to scare her into trying to escape him.

PS- anyone else at all concerned about the fact that they published the name of the witness, but not the name of the cop?
edit on 12-2-2012 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

Might be for the witnesses own protection. You are guaranteed that the cop's know his name, so it makes no sense to keep his name hidden as the people likely to make him go poof already know his name.

You just have understand the social dynamics of fascism. Also look at why the Khmer Rouge wiped out the police first. The thing is with fascism you need lot's of scapegoats in order for it to work. Now imagine all those scapegoats are actually guilty of the things they will be accused of...

There are a lot of different people who have a vested interest in making sure the police forces are as incompetent and psychopathic as possible. It doesn't matter though, no matter which faction win's the end result will be the same for the police forces.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

so to save himself, he shot her "SIX" times.

One shot to the window would have done the trick, or a gun butt-ender even. Obviously a revenge type attack on his part; panicking and losing control of emotions is a very bad sign for someone in that position. Not someone I want carrying a gun while protected by badge.
edit on 12-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
AND PEOPLE ARE SURPRISED THIS STUFF WOULD HAPPEN?.......................................................................

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This local media story will serve the police in identifying the witness, the husband and the church members. All their faces and dwellings got plastered onto the TV for identification. That should never happen in a case like this. We don't get to see the cops face who did this so... media shame on you. That homeless dude will never make it to trial. What about dash and traffic cam views to show what happened? Why was that officer talking to her in the parking lot? What was the reason to "pull her over"? The four little yellow evidence markers on the street mark the spent casings. Shows he was running alongside the car firing into the window as she drove off. He wasn't "dragged". He should have given chase in his vehicle and asked for back up instead of opening up. She was going away from him, not trying to run him over. He was not in fear for his life.
edit on 12-2-2012 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Cops, way more dangerous than any Al-CIAda running around... or cancer... or rapists... or murderers...

Cops should be avoided at all costs. Never call them. Take care of your own problems. That should save your life literally and figuratively a couple of times over a lifetime.

If the guy testimony is true, the cops needs the electric chair as an example. Cops should respect the law and since they have the confidence of people intrusted in them, they should have harsher sentences when they break the law.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
wow really ??
condolences to the family and friends of the victim, what a sad and heart-wrenching loss.

kudos to the 'eye-witness' willing to step forward and i sure hope embellishment isn't on the menu.
considering i've had my share of encounters with police and a car, i call BS on the PDs story.
officers don't reach INSIDE the vehicle for identification.
you are asked to hand it outside the vehicle, so, why was his arm anywhere near the open window?

officers usually position themselves behind the opening of the door and lean toward the window to communicate whilst never touching the vehicle other than the door handle. so again, why was his arm near the top of the window?

also, according to the eye witness, both of the officer's hands were occupied ... one on the door handle (proper procedure) and one on his holstered weapon (also proper procedure). so, did this cop have a third arm ???

lastly, IF he was "caught" in the rolled up window, why wasn't he still "caught" in the window as she turned left out of the parking lot and crashed?

there are just too many holes in this tall tale and i seriously doubt any critical thinker would buy this bull.

fyi true tale: my brother got his head caught in a power window in grammy's new Cougar many years ago and you don't "just pull it free" and go on about murdering the operator.
shame on this lunatic officer, i hope the loss of a job is the least of his concerns.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join