It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahabone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
i do not buy that anybody fully cares about lodge rules...

Being that you have not participated in an open lodge your opinion is irrelevant.

...there are other rooms in a lodge building besides the tiled floor...

Right, because you just get up in a tyled lodge, grab a few co-conspirators, walk out the door and start plotting in the Secretary's room.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
keep skating away cause you know i got ya.

if you do not work with brick, block or stone you are not a mason cut and dried.

only the first 3 degrees rituals on a tiled floor are masonic everything else is not masonic yet still takes place.

leadership gather at masonic meetings, while the masons claim to have rules about discussing race, religion and politics ( gotta keep everybody happy to keep the numbers up...like a church) management is in attendance there and words are exchanged and secrecy is expected.

like i said if it was just a poor lot of calloused handed, hard working, sweaty, soon to be arthritic rockworkers no one cares.

but its president's (worldwide) ceo's, cfo's, cio's, execs, managers, etc, and they usually want their underlings to join their circus also.

control, control, control.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

No ones skating. You're using fouled logic and ignorance, instead of this little thing we call, evidence.

But what would I know? I've only been going to lodge since 2009. Maybe in your experience never attending a Masonic meeting you have found out things I haven't?

Somehow I doubt it though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i'll give ya another example:

someone fills out a masonic application...before that individual filled out that app was their a discussion regarding that individual? was that discussion carried out on the tiled floor? do you tell that applicant everything that was discussed, holding back nothing? what do you tell an applicant that gets denied? do you disclose all reasons why not and who said what?

and best of all before someone joins a lodge and i mean anyone, is that person made aware of everything involved beforehand?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ok journeyman carpenter.....

how was your life before joining the lodge financially, mentally, family?

how has lodge membership benefited you financially?

what detriment has lodge membership laid upon you?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

All applications to become a member are discussed. A criminal background check is performed.

If its decided the petitioner is not able to become a Mason, he is informed that the application has been denied and that's it.

Since Freemasonry requires a man to come of his own free will, nothing is explained up front, as far as the ritual goes. The tenets and the foundations of Freemasonry are discussed, and it's encouraged that's candidate ask all the questions he wants. The only way to open locked doors is to knock.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Masonry has improved my life spiritually and socially. I am an active member and participate in several community service events hosted by the lodge. Financially I have gained nothing from Freemasonry. It's actually cost me some amount of money. To join and keep up dues, and also I CHOSE to make small charitable donations when I am able.

You get out of Freemasonry what you put into it. There are no handouts.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

but its president's (worldwide) ceo's, cfo's, cio's, execs, managers, etc, and they usually want their underlings to join their circus also.

How about some names and lodge numbers?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i'll pass, i don't like secrets. I like full disclosure up front, so much more honest that way.

I am hearing masons want you to fill out an application, like an employer so that they can do a background check but......they do not want to tell you anything up front.

How come I have seen convicted felons wearing g rings? because his dad is a mason also? wonder why masons would exclude felons especially after a felon has already served his time? so no atheists, no women and no felons, anybody else get excluded?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Except a right to know cannot be usurped by one's right to privacy and assembly. I'd say the 9th Amendment is fairly clear about this...at least here in the USA.

I agree that the politicians and government officials should be treated not as masters or parents of the People, but the servants elected to do our bidding.

even the military should have the power among their lower ranks to disobey obviously stupid directives and depose bad leadership.

In the US military there are implements in place that do this exact thing.

Why wouldn't we fully care about the Lodge rules? If we gave our word, what kind of men would we be to just carelessly push them aside? Integrity shouldn't cease due to convenience or want.

The facts remain that I have a natural right to privacy/estate, assembly, religion, belief/expression, and that my rights cannot be usurped by the implementation of others rights or obsessive wants.

but that is not what todays masons are...even their name is a lie.

No, we're speculative/philosophical Masons. That is not a lie.

Words are arbitrary and ambiguous, just as symbols are. We refer to ourselves as Freemasons. Naturally though there are 2 types of Masons, speculative and operative. We are speculative only, not operative. We don't claim to lay material. We do use the tools and craft of operative Masonry in a speculative manner to impart lessons of morality for the candidate to learn and implement in his benefit at his own accord.

The Royal Arch and Cryptic degrees are chronologically crammed next to the Fellow Craft degree as well as before and after the 3rd degree so the Royal Arch is intimately tied to Craft degrees. Much of the Scottish Rite is also similar to this as it is closely tied to the Craft degrees.

There are rules in place against the discussion of religion and politics while the Lodge is open/tiled. One of my good friends and Brothers in the Order is extremely liberal while I'm a staunch conservative-libertarian. Once Lodge is done, we usually go down the street to bar and talk politics...or anything really.

I joined on my own free will as at the time I was not employed full-time. In fact, later on while I was Master of my Lodge, my now Battalion Commander joined my Lodge. He's not active, but my old Sergeant Major is active in his Lodge and he wants to get back into the York Rite when he has more time. I mean, I guess its fair to say when I was employed I was in charge of Idaho's unmanned aircraft program for the military and worked with Air Force, other states/units, worked on the Emergency Response Board (natural disasters and so forth which is in the scope of the National Guards duties), "big Army's" Directorate of Evaluation and Standards, and the National Guard Bureau in VA. Now I'm just a traditional Guardsman who serves as the lead Instructor for the same program, and I'm the only currently qualified in Idaho. Whether I'm full-time or traditional National Guard I have 20+ people under my command or evaluational duties, and none of them wish to join nor would I force them to in order to keep a stronger control over them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

No madmen, and no fools. Cowans and eves droppers are highly frowned upon, also.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i just thought of another analogy( pun intended)

joining a lodge sounds like applying for a job, you need the job so you are willing to do almost anything and then the first day there you find out why there is an open position working in filthy, dark, smelly, toxic conditions but because of desperation you put up with it even though if your new employer fully disclosed the negatives you would not be there.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

But Masonic lodges are not full of smelly, toxic conditions...

We keep our houses clean.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Usually the first time a candidate's name is spoken is once they have turned in their application. Someone might mention that they know someone who will be turning in an application, but no judgment is passed.

Yes, if a candidate is denied we do tell them. We tell them that during balloting their membership was rejected. In Idaho no Mason is required to come forth and justify why he voted against the candidate. The candidate could be the best and nicest person in the world, and for no reason I could vote against him, and no one could do anything to me. Even if I am not questioned (whether one was rejected or not), one is not to talk about the balloting. There was one instance in my year as Master where the Brethren had voted in a member, but the very morning of his initiation I found out he had lied about his criminal background and I intervened by calling him that he would not be able to get Initiated as he had lied on his application.

When one comes to Lodge and inquires into the petitioning process we do explain what will happen and what needs to happen before they can become members. We are fairly open as we have said.

My life is about the same financially, mentally, and family wise.

Even with the amount of Masonic organizations I belong to I am plenty capable of balancing a budget and ensuring that I can pay my dues as well as my bills...plus a little for the finer things in life. I've probably improved mentally with having a different outlook on life, but nothing that I could not have outside the Lodge. I'd probably answer this better, but I'm trying to pay attention to my Professor.

My membership has laid no detriment upon me. I have met many fine people I would not have met otherwise.

Everyone enjoys secrets. Even you. I hope your spouse, if you're married, realizes you don't like secrets and hopefully hasn't told you anything they may find embarrassing if you were to spill.

Honesty can exist with keeping secrets/privacy. In fact, if I promised to keep my word and then went out and told someone not privy the secrets, am I not dishonest for not keeping my promised word?

We're a private organization and as such not required to give the secrets prior. You must join voluntarily and if you don't like our requirements, the door is over there (imagine me pointing towards the nearest door).

The requirement for criminal background checks, at least in Idaho, is something relatively new. We're trying to correct past mistakes of not doing a thorough check of who we let pass through our doors. Plus, anyone can buy a Masonic ring online so just wearing a ring doesn't mean anything, but I'm not totally dismissing your premise that one might be a felon as we [Masons] know of current events going on between Grand Lodges and members who turn out to be felons (and their expulsion). Felons are criminals and we do not wish to associate with those who don't hold law as binding.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

One does not need to wait til the 3rd degree to walk away. They can leave mid ceremony if they so wished. Everything they do must be voluntary.

Plus, using an employer analogy doesn't really apply as we don't put you into a position unless you want it nor would I describe the Lodge as toxic...I mean, I do let out a fart once in a while.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How come I have seen convicted felons wearing g rings?

Anyone can buy a ring and put it on. The ring means nothing.

But the best thing to do is ask the convicted felons you seem to have congress with, maybe they can answer this question for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I already know the answer so I do not need to ask the felon since I already know that answer...it will be the same answer that you get from the mason's who post here.

the best way to find out about freemasonry and the type of men that are masons and what their frame of mind and integrity level is, is just watch them and listen ( like a cowan lol ) you will find that they give up a lot by what they say, their actions and you get to take a peak inside these characters and if it looks like something you do not need or cannot in good conscience relate to then you know that you do not want to get involved and perhaps you might want to clue others into putting these sneaky weasels under the microscope for a long look to make your best judgement "judge a tree by its fruit".

as for the masons crying about having the right to assemble........the mafia has their meetings, hitler had his group meetings, the council on foreign relations has their meetings ad infinitum.

Just keep watching the masons, keep listening to their words, read between the lines and keep that cellphonecamera handy at all times. We can further expose them and put an end to their elitism and skullduggery.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

...keep that cellphonecamera handy at all times. We can further expose them and put an end to their elitism and skullduggery.

I see that this has worked very well for you as you have posted ZERO videos of anything. Did you forget to charge your phone or upload the videos? Or maybe it is something else...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You can try to eavesdrop all you want, but we still have rights to privacy.

It's not "crying about", its just reminding you that you cannot infringe on our rights so you are limited in your attempts.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Honestly, if you had the answers the way you asked - you will succeed only in making a mason angry, uncomfortable, or both. In case that IS your goal:

Mahabone is the "temporary word" of a master mason (learned in 3rd degree in most blue lodges), as the real word was allegedly only to be given when all 3 masters were present, and as one of said masters, the widow's son Harem Abif, allegedly died, this was impossible. Knowing the word doesn't mean anything unless you know the grips and transitions and series of questions and answers. To save you some time, in the royal arch degree sometime later you'll find out mahabone is BS anyway. Lastly if you just say mahabone, it will probably piss off a mason and/or make them uncomfortable.

If pissing one off is your goal, better questions to ask are:

Think the real God could beat Jahbulon at arm wrestling?
or
How is Harem's sign in english lettering (worn by many masonic officers today) when english didn't exist until a few thousand years after he died?

in closing I just want to say masons in modern times are not evil, associated with the devil, do not run the world, or any of the other BS i hear alot. Modern masons TYPICALLY are nothing more than bored and lonely elderly who are just hanging out to avoid their mundane home lives, playing dressup, and doing "respectable" things for their community so they can feel better about themselves. As far as making decisions that control and govern the world - these geezers can rarely come to decisive agreement on what type of sandwich to make for the meals at their meetings. It's nothing more than a very odd fetish club that isn't uniform anymore. Prince Hall aside, every state in the US has a "grand lodge" that presides over it and over time the rituals and ceremonies have little in common with each other from state to state. Words, grips, and signs are about the only thing one lodge will have in common with one in another state, and almost any american mason could watch a degree performed in another country and not be able to tell you which degree it was lol. The club started out moderately uniform allegedly, but lodges in modern times are just "old, wierd, felon-free, no-girls-allowed clubhouses"...until they're rushed out by their wives for the OES meeting >

And for any of you who read this and became butthurt about it: I'm not a mason; masons just apparently suck at keeping secrets - MORESO in the states.

EDIT: Adding link: masonicdumondearabe.blogspot.com... apprently shows the other stuff, but I'm told you need a card to prove you pay them money as an active club member
edit on 16-5-2012 by TruthExposed because: Adding html link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join