It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahabone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have heard and read both qabalist and freemason explanations and thought we could get some banter going on here for the one hunnert time. Please do tell us non masons about "mahabone" and "widows son" because it sounds like I might be able to use these sayings/gestures to get my way around those who do not know that I am not a mason.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That's a pretty questionable motivation. I'd be surprised if you got help.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Please do tell us non masons about "mahabone" and "widows son" because it sounds like I might be able to use these sayings/gestures to get my way around those who do not know that I am not a mason.

no problem. I can say for certain that NO regular mason will ever tell you anything about the first. And if you think that will get you somewhere, I look forward to hearing about your travels.

Good luck with all that.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The answers you get are limited by the way you ask the question. You cannot find out what lies east if you are looking west and dont even know that you are. There are dozens of false presuppositions hidden within your question. two of which are: 1. that masons generally know what the word means, 2. that the word will help you get around. If you start looking at freemasonry through new binoculars, your threads might actually begin finding worthwhile answers.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This was discussed on a H2 program earlier. You would think by now there would be no secrets regarding Freemasonry. I know people have come forward but the Masons deny deny deny and the world goes back to sleep. Hmm. All evil-doers deny deny deny and sleep is never better. Not that ALL masons are evil. I am sure there are masons and cops and soldiers and politicians and priests and presidents that try to walk the straight and narrow. Just can't say I know of any. Ron Paul 2012!!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

It's not that secret.

Google it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Masons can spot an imposter a mile away. We don't take kindly to it... it's rather rude.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Masons can spot an imposter a mile away. We don't take kindly to it... it's rather rude. [/quote
Whadda you know yer a brick short a full load

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i was thinking the em's might start with something like .... "well the anti's say that mahabone means" or "masonic debunkers say widow's sons means" etc. but they really clammed up this time?

ok so I will attempt to dislodge:
Widow's sons could refer to the mythical Hiram's surviving sons after his hypothetical murder when attempts to extract an allegorical secret from him.

A rather interesting fellow on a now undiscoverable website did an expose on the word mahabone, the breakdowns on that word using qabalah and numbers assigned to letters, other spellings of that term and how that word similar to the phrase "who would come the aid of this poor widow's son" could be perceived as a call for help from a fellow mason.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i'm thinking that these terms are used by both the "real state sanctioned em's" and the clandestines?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the Word of the Day!!!

Ma-Ha-Bone

King Solomon, played by the Worshipful Master, then whispers the substitute for the lost word in Hiram’s ear. That word is Ma-Ha-Bone. Following the Master Mason Lecture, the following words are spoken:

Then, finally my brethren, let us imitate our Grand Master, Hiram Abiff, in his virtuous conduct, his unfeigned piety to God, and his inflexible fidelity to his trust; that, like him, we may welcome the grim tyrant, Death, and receive him as a kind messenger sent by our Supreme Grand Master, to translate us from this imperfect to that all-perfect, glorious, and celestial Lodge above, where the Supreme Architect of the Universe presides.

When this conclusion to the ritual is reread carefully, breaking it down phrase by phrase, it is easy to see that what it actually says is that, "Masonic brethren should imitate Hiram Abif to get into heaven." Notice that Freemasonry does not urge Freemasons to have faith in Hiram Abiff. When the words from the ritual are analyzed carefully, it is clear that Freemasonry is substituting imitation for faith and Hiram for Jesus - as the means to gaining entry into heaven, following death.

Was Hiram resurrected, or reburied?
In Masonic ritual, Hiram Abiff is raised from a "dead level" to a "living perpendicular." Quite a number of Masons have claimed that Hiram Abiff was not resurrected from the grave near Mt. Moriah, but rather his body was exhumed and reburied in the temple. Why would they make that claim? There are several reasons. First, the ritual actually does state that Hiram was to be reburied within the temple. However, it does not happen in ritual. Hiram was first buried in temple rubble. Then, his body was moved and he was reburied on a hill west of Mt. Moriah. He was raised to "a living perpendicular," or resurrected, from that second grave. Hiram was physically reburied in ritual, but the reburial preceded resurrection.

The portion of the ritual lecture which deals with reburial in many states contains built-in conflicts which make physical reburial within the temple an impossible interpretation. The purpose of these built-in conflicts is to indicate that there is another, deeper, meaning within ritual - yet to be discovered. If a man carefully considers what is actually taught, he will know that physical reburial is not a valid interpretation. Some Grand Lodges have placed explanations in their monitors to allow the thinking Mason to know that physical reburial is impossible, for one reason, or another. Still, other Grand Lodges have placed explanatory text in their monitors which directly states that resurrection is the actual teaching contained in the ritual. Examples of each will be provided.

Source

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the lost word was the ineffable name of the deity which was buried in the rubble and when discovered during one ritual it is announced "eureka" i found it but then it is discovered that there is nothing written or inscribed, it is blank and mahabone is the substitute phrase.

I was under the impression that this ineffable name was the secret that Hiram possessed and that word was lost forever. why the importance of this word to a builder? to properly consecrate the construction? or was this word used to "raise stone" and a lewis or clevis became the substitute tool needed to levitate stone using rope, manpower and pulley?

Funny how the WM who sits in the seat "G" in the east is also Solomon and that name is also derived from the word Sun as in sol which rises in the east?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Eureka is was Pythagoras said when he solved the 47th problem of Euclid.

It is significant to a master mason.

As has been said, there are a few things we will not discuss and we will tell you why. The meat and potatoes of your OP is one of those things. We will not discuss it because we said we wouldn't in our oath. The information is out there on the Google. Or in a lodge, which in my opinion is a much better place to find it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"masonic debunkers say widow's sons means" etc. but they really clammed up this time?

In the Master Mason lecture you learn that Hiram Abiff literally was the son of a widow when the candidate is told tht King Hiram of Tyre would send his best craftsman, Hiram Abiff, the Son of a Woman of the Daughters of Dan, to assist King Solomon in building his temple.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Studying the various translations along with a Hebrew dictionary allows us to see how Freemasonry may have settled on the name Hiram Abi-ff, also sometimes spelled Abif.

Hiram King of Tyre wrote a letter to King Solomon, advising him that he was sending Huram-Abi to work on the temple. That letter is documented in 2 Chron 2:11-14. The fact that Hiram-Abi was the son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali is confirmed in Scripture:

King Solomon sent to Tyre and brought Huram, whose mother was a widow from the tribe of Naphtali and whose father was a man of Tyre and a craftsman in bronze. Huram was highly skilled and experienced in all kinds of bronze work. He came to King Solomon and did all the work assigned to him.

1 Kings 7:13-14

Although the most important element of Masonic symbolism deals with the death, burial and resurrection of Hiram Abiff, there is nothing in Scripture to support it. Masonic Grand Lodges have stated that the account is not based upon fact, but rather is an allegory, used to teach.

Source

It's a bunch of mumbo jumbo used as an allegory. It never was used to move heavy stones. The Giants possibily back then took care of that.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Dan was one of the sons of Jacob and the father of that tribe, in the book of revelation i believe Dan gets no mention? As for meat and potatoes I am of the mind that knowledge and the power for self improvement should be made FREELY available to all for the benefit of ALL. Thanks for the help if other posters wish we can continue the exploration.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Like AugustusMasonicus said...

Hiram King of Tyre wrote a letter to King Solomon, advising him that he was sending Huram-Abi to work on the temple. That letter is documented in 2 Chron 2:11-14. The fact that Hiram-Abi was the son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali is confirmed in Scripture:

King Solomon sent to Tyre and brought Huram, whose mother was a widow from the tribe of Naphtali and whose father was a man of Tyre and a craftsman in bronze. Huram was highly skilled and experienced in all kinds of bronze work. He came to King Solomon and did all the work assigned to him.

1 Kings 7:13-14

Source

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

...I am of the mind that knowledge and the power for self improvement should be made FREELY available to all for the benefit of ALL.

Me too.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Me three....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Re to relocator...if not giants then jinn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join