It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly new superbug heading for Britain!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! It was 2007 that I heard about this first from that attorney friend of mine. I have to do some more research, but it's interesting that the attorney friend mentioned this in 2007. The reason is this article:

Drug-Resistant Staph Germ's Toll Is Higher Than Thought

Quoted from the above link:

A dangerous germ that has been spreading around the country causes more life-threatening infections than public health authorities had thought and is killing more people in the United States each year than the AIDS virus, federal health officials reported yesterday.

n the new study, Fridkin and his colleagues analyzed data collected in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, Oregon and Tennessee, identifying 5,287 cases of invasive MRSA infection and 988 deaths in 2005.

The researchers calculated that MRSA was striking 31.8 out of every 100,000 Americans, which translates to 94,360 cases and 18,650 deaths nationwide. In comparison, complications from the AIDS virus killed about 12,500 Americans in 2005.

"This indicates these life-threatening MRSA infections are much more common than we had thought," Fridkin said.

In fact, the estimate makes MRSA much more common than flesh-eating strep infections, bacterial pneumonia and meningitis combined, Bancroft noted.

It's been almost 5 years since that report. Problems like this don't just go away. S+F to the OP

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Who knows what will happen. It is out of our hands. One thing I do know...we are passed our point for an extinction level event.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Good catch. And the REAL joke is that some people still think evolution is just a "theory."

Newsflash: This stuff is evolving in response to antibiotic exposures.

One version of the killer bug – called USA300 – is passed easily through skin contact and can lead to a flesh-eating form of pneumonia.

It is resistant to even the most powerful antibiotics and could cause widespread infection and large numbers of deaths if it spreads suddenly.

USA300 has already killed thousands of people in America and is the highest single cause of death there from infectious disease.

It can cause large boils on the skin and lead to fatal blood poisoning or a form of pneumonia that can eat away at lung tissue.

edit on 14/2/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
From the symptoms given I would say this was a clever mix of bubonic and pneumonic plague!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join