It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US admiral says forces prepared to confront Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

hosted.ap.org

Vice Adm. Mark Fox, commander of the 5th Fleet, told reporters at the naval force's Bahrain headquarters that the Navy has "built a wide range of potential options to give the president" and is "ready today" to confront any hostile action by Tehran.

"We've developed very precise and lethal weapons that are very effective, and we're prepared," Fox said. "We're just ready for any contingency."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Saber rattling or a 'quiet' way of saying the US is going to war with Iran? Fox even emphasizes "lethal weapons" like they don't plan on taking any hostages. And this article from Reuters sounds more like propaganda than a warning about suicide boats. I don't want a war with Iran. If it happens, I picture something like WW3 and it is my belief that nuclear weapons of some fashion will be involved. The more "news" i hear related to any possible strike on Iran chills me...literally.

hosted.ap.org

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That Reuters article is wiggin' me out too, I like to think they're fairly objective

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
idunno russians aren't scared of nuclear weapons anymore. they have chernobyl. if we get nuked and know how do handle ourselves that's one thing we can be better prepared for

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

hosted.ap.org

Vice Adm. Mark Fox, commander of the 5th Fleet, told reporters at the naval force's Bahrain headquarters that the Navy has "built a wide range of potential options to give the president" and is "ready today" to confront any hostile action by Tehran.

"We've developed very precise and lethal weapons that are very effective, and we're prepared," Fox said. "We're just ready for any contingency."

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

no they're not and in fact they have no clue what this could bring globally nor whether a full out ww3 would even be containable before total destruction is achieved.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why does the US feel the need to get involved in a war

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sadly, it won't be long now....all the players are now in place.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
100 bucks says they use the USS Enterprise in a false flag.

They are already buzzing the suicide this and suicide that nonsense.

This is all about Iran trading oil for gold just like Iraq was trading for euros. There is no nuclear threat. Period end of discussion.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I expect things to go down suddenly and without much warning sometime in the next few weeks. it's been building forever..

as much as I hate it, I want whatever is going to happen to just happen already

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puddles

The Elites want it and so do the Bankers and War Mongering Neocons But Remember an attack on Iran is an Attack onRussia.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

The Elites want it and so do the Bankers and War Mongering Neocons But Remember an attack on Iran is an Attack onRussia.

War = profit. With war you need people to make more weapons. More jobs are created, more plants are built etc...it's just another way for those with money to make more, and those with power, to be that much closer to world domination. The thing is, those people in those positions are out to get "the bad guys," whomever they may be. But your head can only get so messed up before it starts thinking everyone is the "bad guy" including yourself.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
An attack on Iran is really not an attack on Russia.

But it makes for great press to say it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

While it's not an attack on Russia or China, both are economic partners with Iran.

China is heavily invested in Iran's oil and gas resources.

At some point, the tension between our two countries will lead to all out physical war, in my assessment.

Peak (cheap) oil (production) is being realized as we speak, and the powerful industrialized nations will fight to attempt to keep their economies growing by securing those resources.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

That's true but Russians do not want to accept this fact. Hence they might not do much to help Iran if it is attacked.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Making Iran be gigantic idiots is in the interest of Russian profits long term.

************************************************************************************************************************
I've been looking at maps and geographic features and what not.

Are you freaking kidding me? I won't say it. I won't. I want to point and go, "holy freakin' god damn..." and then add some more onto it.

Can you do that?
edit on 2012/2/12 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I honestly do not believe that there will be a war with Iran any time soon.

Especially during an election year, the US just redeployed all troops from Iraq, and it is a big morale bonus for the current White House. Sending more troops to the middle East right now does not make political sense, in addition to not making much sense otherwise.

Unless Iran does something themselves that draws others into a war, there will be no war, no invasion and no military involvement. There will be no false flag. There will be no pre-emptive strikes.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yep, I'm serious.

There's mountains just about everywhere in Iran, but we've got crazy tech to help us out.

All we'd have to do is ramp up production of drones to go after the forces hiding in the mountain ranges.

I haven't a clue how they're currently configured, but why the hell couldn't the MIC design one to locate and destroy targets in mountainous terrains?!

Then there's satellites tracking the enemy, laser guided missiles, etc, etc...

I don't even know that much about military tech, but know if we had the will to topple Iran, we could.

Taking Iran (Tehran) would be easy, securing our troops to set up a new stable government would be very difficult, but what else can be done?!

We have more reason to go, than to not.

1. Keep Iran trading oil in USD (send signal to other countries not to go off petrodolar)

2. Secure resources for contracts with the US (away from "the enemy")

If we don't keep the petrodolar going, and have enough oil to keep our economy going, we collapse. End of story. Didn't say this would be a walk in the park, or even that we'd succeed for sure, but have repeatedly said the US won't go out without a fight.

edit on 12-2-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They want this:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The US has battles plans to invade every single country, even their own. lol

Of course they are "ready".

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
War is coming, it solves too many problems.

Very Cool Avatars btw.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join