It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy: Iran prepares suicide bomb boats in Gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Do you still think the Iranians arent suicidal?

Iran has built up its naval forces in the Gulf and prepared boats that could be used in suicide attacks, but the U.S. Navy can prevent it from blocking the Strait of Hormuz, the commander of U.S. naval forces in the region said on Sunday. Iran has made a series of threats in recent weeks to disrupt shipping in the Gulf or strike U.S. forces in retaliation if its oil trade is shut down by sanctions, or if its disputed nuclear program comes under attack. "They have increased the number of submarines ... they increased the number of fast attack craft," Vice Admiral Mark Fox told reporters. "Some of the small boats have been outfitted with a large warhead that could be used as a suicide explosive device. The Iranians have a large mine inventory."

www.reuters.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Feb 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Strange question.

I'm quite sure most Iranians are not suicidal.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
OP is racist

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

I dont see how you would come to that conclusion...

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Propaganda , who ever supports this c0ck measuring contest needs to find some respect , Iran has done nothing wrong , if anything ... America needs to be sanctioned by NATO.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Do you still think the media is not lying to you?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster

Propaganda , who ever supports this c0ck measuring contest needs to find some respect , Iran has done nothing wrong , if anything ... America needs to be sanctioned by NATO.

If you think a country whose military is governed by religion isnt going to carry out kamikaze attacks at times of war then youre being delusional.

Iran is a threat to the world. It might not be capable of invading other countries right now, but after ten, twenty years, it will try imposing a universal religion by justifying acts of aggression towards secular countries like Israel and the U.S., just like Islam mandates.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
And in Islam, the ONLY sure way to be positively accepted into paradise is to die a martyr of Islam.

Thats not propaganda. Thats written in black and white.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Do you still think the Iranians arent suicidal?

Of course they’re suicidal. The Iranians can approach US ships all they’d like.

The questions to ask are how long will the US Navy allow it to happen and do the Iranians realize what they’re driving into?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Iran is a threat to the world. It might not be capable of invading other countries right now, but after ten, twenty years, it will try imposing a universal religion

Just take a look at who is invading who right NOW, and then you will find who is the REAL threat to the world
edit on 12-2-2012 by ROLLNROYCE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROLLNROYCE

WOW.....The ignorance

Wow... do you really think the explosives attached to the end of an Iranian speed boat is for decoration?
Really man?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Oh, so you have the edvidence to prove this?
pics or it did'nt happen

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I really could care less. Its not hard to believe people who think the creator of the universe told somebody to gut their kid to show their love of him is suicidal, especially when theyll happily fly planes into skyscrapers or strap bombs around their chest and walk into a security line at the airport. Cheap, easily produced speedboats that would be a waste of money otherwise. I always laughed at the speedboats, and now it seems they make sense because they have explosives strapped to them.

I would trust the U.S. gov who is toe to toe with the Iranians gov every day is well informed on what kind of military theyre up against.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh... dont we love to boast. Well...

Tell all that show off and military prowess to the guys who died in the USS Cole in 2000...

You have a memory leak or something?
edit on 12-2-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

pics or it did'nt happen

I know its hard to fathom that Iranians would commit suicide bombings, especially since they typically recruit…younger people…to do this work.

edit on 12-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sounds like propaganda to me.

"Some of the small boats have been outfitted with a large warhead that could be used as a suicide explosive device."
They could also not be used as a suicide explosive device. Regardless of whether or not they go all kamikaze like that, why doesn't the US military just get the hell out of there and avoid the whole potential situation?
edit on 12-2-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by seabag

Oh... dont we love to boast. Well...

Tell all that show off and military prowess to the guys who died in the USS Cole in 2000...

You have a memory leak or something?
edit on 12-2-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

Being in the Strait of Hormuz is just a LITTLE BIT different than being in port around civilians.

Try that BS in open waters and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

I really could care less. Its not hard to believe people who think the creator of the universe told somebody to gut their kid to show their love of him is suicidal, especially when theyll happily fly planes into skyscrapers or strap bombs around their chest and walk into a security line at the airport. Cheap, easily produced speedboats that would be a waste of money otherwise. I always laughed at the speedboats, and now it seems they make sense because they have explosives strapped to them.

I WOLD TRUST THE US GOV who is toe to toe with the Iranians gov every day is well informed on what kind of military theyre up against.

JUST SAYS IT ALL! What else do i have to say? "i beleive the person who is making the excuses to start a fight"
what has iran ever done really?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Jumping from a cliff with 5 grenades strapped to yourself is hardly "teaching children how to be a suicidal bomber"...
Seriously.

I know you think that way, because every show in america has to have a label saying "Do not try this at home", since american kids are stupid and could throw themselves out of the window in the 53rd floor after watching Superman or cause someone to become paraplegic after watching wrestling. But not every children are that dumb...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
the their tactic is to try to approach boats made of steel and whatnot that are armed with cwis and missiles and what not in boats made probaly of fiberglass that are filled with explosives.......brave tactic but some how i dont think too many boats will get through....in port this tactic might work but on the open sea its a bit harder to pull off any one know when the last successful ramming in history on the open ocean took place?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join