It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question Concerning Reincarnation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This paper does explain it mathmatically.

link

But this assumption is made on that there is a limited number of souls to being with. Fact is, we don't know how many there is to start. And many maybe just starting right now. Which is why there are a lot of young souls.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This paper does explain it mathmatically.

link

But this assumption is made on that there is a limited number of souls to being with. Fact is, we don't know how many there is to start. And many maybe just starting right now. Which is why there are a lot of young souls.

Marked to read tonight. Thanks!

You are right, my question is based on the assumption of a finite # of souls. Thanks for pointing this out!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Greetings,

You've intrigued me. May I ask how you've come to the above conclusion? What experiences, insights, or divinations have led you to your current beliefs?

You realize that your question could create a book? However I will try to avoid that
I’m 73 yrs old and my present conscious journey started when I was about 9 yrs when I realized the Sunday school teachers “ weren’t teaching it right”. I didn’t know what right was, but I knew they didn’t either.

The problem that I believe plaques religion more than anything is that it is a carry over, redundant system that claims authority by age and coercion. Look at how old the religious conflicts are, up to thousands of years old. They bring along and perpetuate the misbeliefs, lies, deletions, judgments, conditioning and even barbarism that was the norm long, long ago and it prevents the individual from living in the “Present”. And we wonder why our present situation is so conflicted. How could it be anything else. And when the people are told the truth the turn around is that you are not worthy of it. If people do not know their relationship to the universe, the Creator and themselves they will live in chaos and perpetuate the insanity.

At about the age of 20 I was introduced to Science of Mind teachings and have used that as my basic platform since, including becoming a Science of Mind Practitioner. At that time I realized that I had to have a standard that would tell me if material being presented to me was of value or not. I found that standard to be “ if the material induced fear, denial or guilt or did not help alleviate it, and not a means of expressing Divine Love and other positive attributes then it was not of value”. That did not mean I judged it, but rather of no value “to me”. It has served me well.

Science Of mind teaches a scientific method of prayer for healing. It is quite effective. Here are the five steps of the scientific prayer method.
Recognize a Higher Power
Recognize your oneness with that Power
Speak your word
Give thanks for receiving your word
Release this into the Power for action
You will find these steps in the prayers of the Teacher Jesus in one form or another.

A quick word about judging and forgiveness. Judging requires forgiveness because forgiveness is the method of release of judging. There fore do not judge. Do not judge the person for you do not know what “ really” triggered the event and judging prevents you from helping to heal the event or situation. Judging holds the “depressing” energy of the event in you and can lead to depression and illness. Judging another causes you to judge yourself which then requires you to forgive yourself. Judging is the basis of karma, as it is generally defined. There is an old saying that is appropriate here. It is “you are never mad for the reason you think you are” and neither is the other person. Keeping this in mind can prevent a lot of judging and misery. Judging prevents you from experiencing the presence of the Creator because as you judge others and yourself, you judge the Creator. Therefore in your meditations and prayers release yourself from the judgments you hold.

You might find the following useful.
The Science of Mind text book by Ernest Holmes. A home course is available.
www.scienceofmind.com...
A Course in Miracles acim.org...
Various Seth books by Jane Roberts. Not for the faint of heart. www.sethlearningcenter.org...
I come as a Brother , Bartholomew by Mary Margaretmoore
www.marymargaretmoore.com... I have practically worn out my copy.

I hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by andersensrm

How do you know its nothing?? We can only speculate to that, because we see "nothing".
Differing opinions.

Taking into consideration, that there is no proof either way, I will just simply say:
[color=BDFFC3]Prove me wrong.

In order to prove that empty spaces of nothing, truly are nothing, there would have to be [color=D5FF82]something there, to use as proof.

edit on 2/13/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Right so "nothing" can't really exist. Therefore there is always "something" there.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello ATS,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

Let me start by stating that I've just begun to consider the possibility of reincarnation. I've read a few articles and several ATS threads, but I'm really a novice in the field. Nevertheless, I think I grasp some of the major points (and please correct me if I get it wrong):

• Reincarnation takes place so that the person may reach the ultimate goal of spiritual enlightenment
• Reincarnation is possibly a choice
• Reincarnation is part of the natural order of things

At least, these seem to be the main thrust of the articles I've read so far. I'm sure there are more arguments.

Now my question. If we consider the first statement to be true, then where have all these new souls come from?
I mean, consider the worlds' population. There are more people alive today than ever before. Now, if reincarnation was our opportunity to "get things right," then wouldn't it follow that the population should decline over time as we gain ascendancy?

I hope someone can help answer this question. Thanks ATS!

Reincarnation is our soul's way of creating multiple aspects to have experiences here on Earth. Any angel that wishes ascension or soul evolution has to come by way of Earth. Old soul humans can have thousands of lifetimes under their belts ... it began in Lemuria through Atlantis, and into now, the Cristos era.

There are so many new souls waiting in line, really anxious to get here and experience Earth. The old souls used to have priority to come back in again after physical death.... but now, with the shift in consciousness, the end of duality and a whole new way of living, the new souls are getting priority. They come from our spiritual families, they've never been here before. With the consciousness change, a new expansion was felt throughout creation, these entities are being 'woken up' as we 'wake up'. Now they are coming in like never before.

The question is, now that Gaia is leaving and the population is growing, how will humanity deal with it? Earth can hold up to 10 billion comfortably. What if we go beyond that? Will we find new ways of generating energy? New ways of growing food?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

I would just add, sorry to pick this out,

That judging does not require forgiveness, it is forgiveness that requires judging.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting question. Does become aware of your past life making you to become enlightened? I say yes in some ways to satisfy the Zen notion of Mind (unconscious) transmitting Mind (unconscious). In Zen Buddhism, Enlightenment comes from within your Mind (unconscious). An enlightened being or soul in the past is able to transmit enlightenment to your mind, in the dream. That's one way to satisfy the notion that you can't obtain enlightenment. The only way you can become enlightened is to HAVE BEEN enlightened in some point of your past lives.
At least, that was how I experienced it. I have become enlightened (experienced my first Kundalini energy rising when I was 18--currently in my mid 30s) after waking up from a dream. It wasn't just a dream. I was dreaming about maybe the Han Dynasty in China. I was one of the 3 brothers. However, I also have dreams about another part of history (in a more modern time) in another culture. This shows that the "process" isn't linear.

Reincarnation is the result of the karma working in the universe. It is inevitable. Does knowing your past life or lives making you to become enlightened? I can't really say for sure. In my case, maybe. I say MAYBE because it depends on what is your past life or lives. Or perhaps it is even not a linear equation at all?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Greetings,

I would just add, sorry to pick this out, That judging does not require forgiveness, it is forgiveness that requires judging.

Your logic eludes me. Please elaborate.
I've never heard anyone say, please judge me because I forgave you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
Greetings,

I would just add, sorry to pick this out, That judging does not require forgiveness, it is forgiveness that requires judging.

Your logic eludes me. Please elaborate.
I've never heard anyone say, please judge me because I forgave you.

Sure I'll elaborate because it is based off what you said earliar. Forgiveness means that you are clearing up what you have judged, so forgiveness requires that you judge. However you don't have to forgive. You can judge someone and never forgive them. Therefore judging does not require forgiveness.

logically sound??

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Greetings,

Sure I'll elaborate because it is based off what you said earlier. Forgiveness means that you are clearing up what you have judged, so forgiveness requires that you judge. However you don't have to forgive. You can judge someone and never forgive them. Therefore judging does not require forgiveness.

Actually it's not them you have to forgive, it's yourself. It's your false perception. You, who judge, saw your brother as imperfect will at some time choose to see him as whole, perfect and complete. This will come from with in, It's not a choice. It is God seeing God.
It is the judge that has depressed the Divine energy within its self. This energy will have to be liberated at some time so some type of correction has to be made.

You can't fool Mother Nature.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
IMO:

There are no individual souls, just energy that relocates. Every one of us has a small piece that goes back to where it came from in the end. We are all the same. It's just the biological and stuff and environment that make us different. There is no "you" after you die. The energy could be reused but it wouldn't really matter.

That or there is no "energy" at all. Either way when we die the most logical answer would be it's THE END. I don't see the need in creating illusions and lies to fool yourself - it's cowardly.

Just think about all the people and animals. Reincarnation does not make sense. There is no soul making machine. Just recycling.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
IMO:

There are no individual souls, just energy that relocates. Every one of us has a small piece that goes back to where it came from in the end. We are all the same. It's just the biological and stuff and environment that make us different. There is no "you" after you die. The energy could be reused but it wouldn't really matter.

That or there is no "energy" at all. Either way when we die the most logical answer would be it's THE END. I don't see the need in creating illusions and lies to fool yourself - it's cowardly.

Just think about all the people and animals. Reincarnation does not make sense. There is no soul making machine. Just recycling.

There are no individual souls because all existence and non-existence came from the same source. You are one and many at the same time. Now, what if I tell you that at the moment of your death you have some psychological issues that have never been worked out? You are reborn or reincarnated because of your previous life karma--unresolved thought energy. The only way you don't reborn is to have reached enlightenment in which you have no more thoughts or unresolved thought energy at the moment of your death. According to my own study, you are reborn again or reincarnated if your will to live is strong at the moment of your death. The nature of your karma--good and bad--depends on your moral state of mind during the moment of your death.

Many people believe that reincarnation does not exist or don't believe they have a past life...is because in their past lives they have lived an uneventual existence. They are reborn or reincarnated to live the same uneventual existence over and over again.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Right so "nothing" can't really exist. Therefore there is always "something" there.
Not necessarily. Can't prove 'nothing'. If it is 'something', then find it. 'Something' should be capable of being found..

aah, screw it. Differing opinions. We'll just have to leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have been searching through all my books so I could give you some good titles to read. The main one I was looking for isn't here. I think I loaned it out; can't remember the title. I'll get back to you with it when I get the book back. One good one is "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Brian L. Weiss, M.D. and check out Sylvia Browns titles. She has a lot of info on the afterlife, and reincarnation. I think she will answer most of your questions in her books. Good luck in your quest. It took me 40 years of research to arrive at my current belief system regarding reincarnation.

Yes, life here is like a school. We come back to learn new lessons (life paths) until we "graduate". Then we can continue to come back to help others progress (as teachers), if we choose. Or we can keep moving on to higher planes in different parts of the universe; the choice is ours... free will.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join