It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question Concerning Reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

What if souls, arise out of consciousness, along with space, time, and energy. The universe is constantly expanding, is this the addition of more and more consciousness? Which would mean more and more matter, souls, etc.
That is definitely something to ponder.
However, the Universe is only expanding into nothing. Everything is getting further away from everything else. Are they arising out off the nothing?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

What if souls, arise out of consciousness, along with space, time, and energy. The universe is constantly expanding, is this the addition of more and more consciousness? Which would mean more and more matter, souls, etc.
That is definitely something to ponder.
However, the Universe is only expanding into nothing. Everything is getting further away from everything else. Are they arising out off the nothing?

How do you know its nothing?? We can only speculate to that, because we see "nothing".

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reincarnation is an illusion. there is no separation of the true self. it's like the fabric of reality, that subjective state of all matter and mind

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
reincarnation is an illusion. there is no separation of the true self. it's like the fabric of reality, that subjective state of all matter and mind

Depends on how exactly you define reincarnation, we can play around semantics all day, arguing that it means this or that, I would just stick with the common meaning of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know exactly what is going on, and when people start telling you THIS is the WAY that it IS. that's a big red flag to me. No one here can possibly know better than anyone else, and if they say so, it's probably not that way at all.

There is the concept of the "oversoul" that could perhaps explain the number of souls incarnated today. The idea is that as you progress you don't, yourself, reincarnate. Instead, you "sponsor" a new soul, an aspect of yourself, to return and do whatever it is soul are supposed to do here. Over time one soul could have several aspects going at once. You see this idea in the writings of Jane Roberts, for example, though she certainly isn't the only one who professes this view point.

So when your aspects finish with their lives they, too, participate in this and become oevrsouls themselves, thus the whole thing is exponential.

"Seth Speaks" is probably the most famous of Roberts' books. I first read them in the seventies and was quite taken with them as an explanation about the nature of reality (another of her titles) However, as I've had the time and opportunity to widen my reading over the last forty years some of what Seth says now seems to me to be somewhat naive or just completely untrue.

In any case I don't think the proliferation of souls is really a very big question here. I do believe that reincarnation is part of how this whole thing works, but I don't know the specifics and I don't think anyone else does either.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

There is the concept of the "oversoul" that could perhaps explain the number of souls incarnated today. The idea is that as you progress you don't, yourself, reincarnate. Instead, you "sponsor" a new soul, an aspect of yourself, to return and do whatever it is soul are supposed to do here. Over time one soul could have several aspects going at once. You see this idea in the writings of Jane Roberts, for example, though she certainly isn't the only one who professes this view point.

So when your aspects finish with their lives they, too, participate in this and become oevrsouls themselves, thus the whole thing is exponential.[\quote]

Another idea I've never considered before. I would like to explore this further. Do you have other authors or books to suggest?

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure how I feel about reincarnation. However, what Schuyler said is also my understanding of it from what I read in the 70's.

Someone you might look into is Delores Cannon. I'll let you decide if she's brilliant or crazy. But she's very adamant that we definitely reincarnate many times. You can find several youtube clips of her speaking.

Good luck in your search.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Consider the fact that there are litterally millions of other worlds in our universe....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Souls emanate continously from the absolute. "from fullness, comes fullness, fullness still remains" -upanishads.

Everything has a soul, there is no such thing as "overpopulation" of souls.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Depends on how exactly you define reincarnation, we can play around semantics all day, arguing that it means this or that, I would just stick with the common meaning of it.

then i'd say reincarnation is the rebirth of a certain part of the mind. probably held together by entanglement and dissipated from the brain when metabolism stops. could travel via magnetic field like the telepathy thread stated. but the mind is maya. it's not what it appears to be. it arises from the subjectiveness, i think the same subjectiveness that particles are in (superposition i suppose) before they materializes. making everything really some type of pre consciousness and maybe when it becomes localized like in a brain the amount of superposition reaches a point of self collapse creating free will and the consciousness we know.
edit on 12-2-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

then i'd say reincarnation is the rebirth of a certain part of the mind. probably held together by entanglement and dissipated from the brain when metabolism stops. could travel via magnetic field like the telepathy thread stated.

I would say it is the rebirth of consciousness, rather a transformation into a new form, not connected directly to our physical body. I still don't get how it is an illusion since the fact that you don't separate from your "true" self is the center of its meaning.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

then i'd say reincarnation is the rebirth of a certain part of the mind. probably held together by entanglement and dissipated from the brain when metabolism stops. could travel via magnetic field like the telepathy thread stated.

I would say it is the rebirth of consciousness, rather a transformation into a new form, not connected directly to our physical body. I still don't get how it is an illusion since the fact that you don't separate from your "true" self is the center of its meaning.

i believe consciousness is the subjective existence of everything. you're equating mind with consciousness. the mind is made by the filtering of consciousness through the nervous system. so the consciousness within me is the same consciousness within you, just it is individualized through our brains.if thoughts can travel through magentic field like the telephatic thread said i see no reason why memory couldn't. so the soul may just be a memory. but there could be other aspects to it and this is all imagination anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

quite easy to answer your question look into space see all the stars and times it by a billion and see how many places your soul could of lived before
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: (no reason given)

Hey there OP ... I have to say (as a Pastlife Regression Therapist) that I agree with 'theruthlessone' ... and if more of these new souls are coming from elsewhere in the universe(s) to experience our little blue planet at this time in her evolution ... then maybe it's for a particular and important reason that at the moment is not fully revealed to us ... but I truly believe it will be in the not too distant future.

Woody

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Mt.Sinai = Si.Na.I = See An E. Moses met with extraterrestrials on mount sinai. Grim Reaper = Cream Reappear = Chemical Rebirth! Devil = Day Veil = Ray Eel = The Sun.

Chemical Rebirth is Reincarnation!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

No its individualized before it hits our brains. Our brain, and our entire bodies are just vehicles, the soul within is what contains all the information, not the brain.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I have studied this for several years from the Bible. I finally posted the article this month. You might consider taking a look from a Biblical standpoint. This is a mystery, so the Bible rides the edge of revealing it, yet keeping it under the veil. LINK

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

• Reincarnation takes place so that the person may reach the ultimate goal of spiritual enlightenment

The ultimate goal is different for all. Spiritual enlightenment is achieved every time we shed our skins so achieving it while corporeal is just extra credit. You come in with a goal in mind and often make that goal coincide with others for mutual benefit. Sometimes, the goal isn't specific at all and may be something very vague like "love more" or sometimes you come here just to give somebody else an experience such as being somebody to grieve over. With all the time (or complete lack thereof) in the Universe, we aren't in any hurry and it's not a race.

• Reincarnation is possibly a choice

It's always a choice just as much as paying the bills is a choice. You can opt out but you'll eventually want to jump back in the game.

• Reincarnation is part of the natural order of things

100% correct. Look at trees. They spread seeds that create trees that spread seeds that create trees, etc. Everything in the universe does this. Galaxies, stars, all bio-systems, etc... all reincarnate and recycle. There is nothing more natural.

If we consider the first statement to be true, then where have all these new souls come from?
I mean, consider the worlds' population. There are more people alive today than ever before. Now, if reincarnation was our opportunity to "get things right," then wouldn't it follow that the population should decline over time as we gain ascendancy?

If you only count Earth, sure. We live in a big universe. We aren't the only anthill in the desert.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hello ATS,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

Let me start by stating that I've just begun to consider the possibility of reincarnation. I've read a few articles and several ATS threads, but I'm really a novice in the field. Nevertheless, I think I grasp some of the major points (and please correct me if I get it wrong):

• Reincarnation takes place so that the person may reach the ultimate goal of spiritual enlightenment
• Reincarnation is possibly a choice
• Reincarnation is part of the natural order of things

At least, these seem to be the main thrust of the articles I've read so far. I'm sure there are more arguments.

Now my question. If we consider the first statement to be true, then where have all these new souls come from?
I mean, consider the worlds' population. There are more people alive today than ever before. Now, if reincarnation was our opportunity to "get things right," then wouldn't it follow that the population should decline over time as we gain ascendancy?

I hope someone can help answer this question. Thanks ATS!

Hello, these are things we all ponder but the answers we find may not satisfy us or provide much relief or help from the suffering we experience. We should value the life and time we have instead of wondering what comes after. As humans, we often want more than what we have and fail to enjoy and even realize the fact that we have what we need. Death is full of illusion as is life. You have began your journey for answers though and this is good, this is the first step.

People may be able to tell you answers but answers will mean nothing to you unless you discover them for yourself. We all hold the answers inside of us though. Good luck fellow traveler.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

How do you know its nothing?? We can only speculate to that, because we see "nothing".
Differing opinions.

Taking into consideration, that there is no proof either way, I will just simply say:
[color=BDFFC3]Prove me wrong.

In order to prove that empty spaces of nothing, truly are nothing, there would have to be [color=D5FF82]something there, to use as proof.

edit on 2/13/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
Greetings,

The term reincarnation implies that the physical wold is your prime residence. It isn't. You move in and out of various physical and energy states in order to learn and experience. In fact all your incarnations are happening simultaneously, you just happen to be focusing on this one right now. The term re incarnation implies a time line, which there isn't. We create the time factor to stretch out experiences for our examination.

You have always been, are now, and shall ever be. That is the God self of you. So then, new souls are being created for co existence with the God self as needed, but they are not the Real you nor do they exist forever as separate entities.

Our main focus is to be on learning and experiencing and helping others to do the same in a loving way. Memories of other incarnations will be revealed as you need them. Forcing these memories is of no value to you. Focus on the task at hand, that is why you are here.

The God Self, you, cannot be corrupted so do not waste time on being saved, you were never lost, just diverted by curiosity.

What you call God shares your journey and is available as you ask for It.

This is essentially my view as well.

Time and space are merely illusions designed to make you believe that the start and the end of the universe hasn't already happened all in one instant all in the one place. We are because we are essentially God trying to experience himself as God through the awareness of you, me and everything else in this universe. Essentially there is merely one soul which permeates all of creation, and each of our bodies house a separate awareness of that soul all in different places, all on different points along the timeline of the universe. Each awareness gathers different knowledge through separate experiences gained through each incarnation, with the ultimate goal being a unity of this knowledge so that God will finally know himself as God. And then...... it will all begin again.....

Another way of looking at it is that there is merely one soul incarnating forwards, backwards and concurrently in time.

This is a little story I wrote on the subject if you're interested.

Of course everything I've written here is just my point of view. The truth of the matter is none of us will ever know until each of our incarnations reaches the end. But if you believe there is something more to life than just that which can be measured or perceived with you senses which themselves are merely tools with limitations, then it is my belief that it makes logical sense for the concept of reincarnation to exist.

Hope you find the answers you are looking for.

edit on 13/2/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join