It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question Concerning Reincarnation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

Let me start by stating that I've just begun to consider the possibility of reincarnation. I've read a few articles and several ATS threads, but I'm really a novice in the field. Nevertheless, I think I grasp some of the major points (and please correct me if I get it wrong):

• Reincarnation takes place so that the person may reach the ultimate goal of spiritual enlightenment
• Reincarnation is possibly a choice
• Reincarnation is part of the natural order of things

At least, these seem to be the main thrust of the articles I've read so far. I'm sure there are more arguments.

Now my question. If we consider the first statement to be true, then where have all these new souls come from?
I mean, consider the worlds' population. There are more people alive today than ever before. Now, if reincarnation was our opportunity to "get things right," then wouldn't it follow that the population should decline over time as we gain ascendancy?

I hope someone can help answer this question. Thanks ATS!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
congrats on doing some research. it's my belief we do reincarnate many times for for as many reasons. as far as where do the souls come from well it's a big universe i'm sure there are far more souls out there than little old mother earth can fit.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

quite easy to answer your question look into space see all the stars and times it by a billion and see how many places your soul could of lived before
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Now my question. If we consider the first statement to be true, then where have all these new souls come from?
I mean, consider the worlds' population. There are more people alive today than ever before.

I have thought the same, for quite some time now.

If you do believe in reincarnation, then that means there were literally billions of lost souls, aimlessly wandering around .... somewhere.. wherever. idk.....

and there would have to still be Billions... trillions... gazillions more.... somewhere....

As far as I'm concerned, that thought is all that is needed, in order to agree with the fact that when you die, you are done. Nothing more. Never again.

edit on 2/12/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I mean, consider the worlds' population. There are more people alive today than ever before.

I have thought the same, for quite some time now.

If you do believe in reincarnation, then that means there were literally billions of lost souls, aimlessly wandering around .... somewhere.. wherever. idk.....

and there would have to still be Billions... trillions... gazillions more.... somewhere....

As far as I'm concerned, that thought is all that is needed, in order to agree with the fact that when you die, you are done. Nothing more. Never again.

So you believe death is the end? I've pondered this thought and sometimes it's a comfort to believe. But I don't know why, something deep inside me whispers that there is more. No rational argument I can make, but it's there.

Thank you for your answer!

edit on 2/12/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2012 by smyleegrl because: Can't get the quotes right

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
One can ask himself the question if one literally has die in order to re-incarnate.
In my view it is proverbially, not litterally, the old phase of life ends, a new one starts.
Soul is our psyche, not something that survives the physical death.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
congrats on doing some research. it's my belief we do reincarnate many times for for as many reasons. as far as where do the souls come from well it's a big universe i'm sure there are far more souls out there than little old mother earth can fit.

This may be... but if so would that mean these other souls are alien? If so then how does that coalesce with reincarnation?

Thank you for your response!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation. I think of this existence as a school. All 7th graders get the same curriculum. When the grade is completed graduation takes place. There are several grades here on earth, but the curriculum remains the same for everyone.

The Earth will always offer the same curriculum, with an endless stream of thirsty souls. When we are ready we will graduate. Who knows what post graduate school holds for us?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Greetings,

The term reincarnation implies that the physical wold is your prime residence. It isn't. You move in and out of various physical and energy states in order to learn and experience. In fact all your incarnations are happening simultaneously, you just happen to be focusing on this one right now. The term re incarnation implies a time line, which there isn't. We create the time factor to stretch out experiences for our examination.

You have always been, are now, and shall ever be. That is the God self of you. So then, new souls are being created for co existence with the God self as needed, but they are not the Real you nor do they exist forever as separate entities.

Our main focus is to be on learning and experiencing and helping others to do the same in a loving way. Memories of other incarnations will be revealed as you need them. Forcing these memories is of no value to you. Focus on the task at hand, that is why you are here.

The God Self, you, cannot be corrupted so do not waste time on being saved, you were never lost, just diverted by curiosity.

What you call God shares your journey and is available as you ask for It.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If there are other worlds / planes of existence beneath ours could they not reincarnate on our plane. Who is to say it is just here and one plane up.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You grasp it quite well my brother. We incarnate from light/energy, which is a whole. We are divisions of this light in a carnal body. Now we are more people today as you state but keep in mind that more people die all the time. And the human incarnation is not the only one, we have everything living here one Earth containig a soul that wished to gain knowledge through a certain incarnation to write our collective subconscious. Our conscience keeps us unaware of our past lives and blocks us from our true selves in our subconscience where we teach ourselves through Love in the collective subconscience.

I believe we incarnate simply until we feel no more need to do so, and carry on our learning through higher dimensions with a higher state of consciousness.

The ego is our tool, we must use it to get past it. I have experienced my innerself through hypnosis and it brought another perspective of how I take in life and everything it bares.

Much Love to you all, peace out and tomorrow morning, let's spread a little Love through out our day and you will eventually feel it rushing back at you 10 x stronger. And same goes for negative output.
You are God so create your path, mine is Love
Peace!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
Greetings,

The term reincarnation implies that the physical wold is your prime residence. It isn't. You move in and out of various physical and energy states in order to learn and experience. In fact all your incarnations are happening simultaneously, you just happen to be focusing on this one right now. The term re incarnation implies a time line, which there isn't. We create the time factor to stretch out experiences for our examination.

You have always been, are now, and shall ever be. That is the God self of you. So then, new souls are being created for co existence with the God self as needed, but they are not the Real you nor do they exist forever as separate entities.

Our main focus is to be on learning and experiencing and helping others to do the same in a loving way. Memories of other incarnations will be revealed as you need them. Forcing these memories is of no value to you. Focus on the task at hand, that is why you are here.

The God Self, you, cannot be corrupted so do not waste time on being saved, you were never lost, just diverted by curiosity.

What you call God shares your journey and is available as you ask for It.

You've intrigued me. May I ask how you've come to the above conclusion? What experiences, insights, or divinations have led you to your current beliefs?

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
If there are other worlds / planes of existence beneath ours could they not reincarnate on our plane. Who is to say it is just here and one plane up.

Interesting speculation, and it would make sense. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Try this on for size. Let me know what you think. There are tons of similar stories out there. I have seen so many short clips of previous lives in meditation that it would be ridiculous of me to deny reincarnation.

In such an elegant universe, why would we have disposable souls?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Another thought. I've been reading a lot lately about the theory of multiverse. Could this theory hold the answer to reincarnation?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So you believe death is the end?
Yeah. It doesn't make sense to me.
Reincarnation is an illogical concept, as far as I'm concerned.

RIGHT NOW, a baby was just born. Here in a second, there will be another, and another, and another... Where are they at, right now?

It just does not make sense. Where are they RIGHT NOW?

Each birth, begins a new life.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thank you for the link. I've marked it and will watch it tonight. Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

What if souls, arise out of consciousness, along with space, time, and energy. The universe is constantly expanding, is this the addition of more and more consciousness? Which would mean more and more matter, souls, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

So you believe death is the end?
Yeah. It doesn't make sense to me.
Reincarnation is an illogical concept, as far as I'm concerned.

RIGHT NOW, a baby was just born. Here in a second, there will be another, and another, and another... Where are they at, right now?

It just does not make sense. Where are they RIGHT NOW?

Each birth, begins a new life.

I understand your argument. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by BrokenCircles

What if souls, arise out of consciousness, along with space, time, and energy. The universe is constantly expanding, is this the addition of more and more consciousness? Which would mean more and more matter, souls, etc.

Now this is an intriguing speculation!

Thank you for your response. You've given me something to ponder...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join