It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask the right question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster

Originally posted by conlget

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
What's the right question?

What's the answer to the right question?

this is the tricky part, you have to first know what your looking for. like are you looking for God? or are you looking for happiness? are you just trying to find your place in life? the phrase "The Meaning to life" is to large but if you ask the right question i can't answer it but i can push you in the right direction.

Why cant you push me in the right direction ? why did you mention god to MathiasAndrew if your not talking about god to me ? bias much ?
edit on 12-2-2012 by RockLobster because: (no reason given)

While i am not trying to push an answer, i just mentioned it as a point every one as a different point of view so if you are looking for a God like answer then that is you not every one else I dont say there is or there is not a god Now if you just want a reason to have a argument then i am right here.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoB420
why do some people keep pets (rabbits as an example) living in cages ?
why do some people experiment on animals (monkeys as an example) ?
did they ask them if they were cool with that beforehand ?

I think you know the answer to that one, just becaust you ask a question that you already know does not mean it will change.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

this is the tricky part, you have to first know what your looking for. like are you looking for God? or are you looking for happiness? are you just trying to find your place in life? the phrase "The Meaning to life" is to large but if you ask the right question i can't answer it but i can push you in the right direction.

Why cant you push me in the right direction ? why did you mention god to MathiasAndrew if your not talking about god to me ? bias much ?

While i am not trying to push an answer, i just mentioned it as a point every one as a different point of view so if you are looking for a God like answer then that is you not every one else I dont say there is or there is not a god Now if you just want a reason to have a argument then i am right here.

I`m not looking for an argument , i was asking because you said you would answer , you didn`t answer - basically told me not to bother questioning your god , then said -> this is the tricky part, you have to first know what your looking for. like are you looking for God?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have a question, why can't I talk about my divine.. or "divine" experiences with other people? Why am I seemingly prohibited by the "divine" experience and by the "divine" entity? The parenthesis don't indicate sarcasm, they indicate uncertainty.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

This could be a really good thread if the idiots stayed away.

I use questions as a form of meditation. Your questions define you. Impatience with questions can define as well. Good luck with your thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I`m not looking for an argument , i was asking because you said you would answer , you didn`t answer - basically told me not to bother questioning your god , then said -> this is the tricky part, you have to first know what your looking for. like are you looking for God?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhNoItsCritical
I have a question, why can't I talk about my divine.. or "divine" experiences with other people? Why am I seemingly prohibited by the "divine" experience and by the "divine" entity? The parenthesis don't indicate sarcasm, they indicate uncertainty.

well, when you do what response do you get? I think we both know that when you talk to the average person you can't talk out side the box that has to do with anything not the norm, maybe you just need to find people like yourself that you can relate to and understand what you are going through, I would like to hear more of this.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by conlget

Your posts are cyclical and provide nothing of value. What is the point of this thread? Why are you wasting everyones time?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Thank you I was going for the modest crowed but in the long run i think i can learn myself from this even getting the silly one's I feel if you can't learn or grow while being pushed then your missing the better half. thanks again.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I personally like this thread, as the creator and divine entities often work in mysterious ways and even more so in metaphors, and the creator is in everybody and everything and can respond to you personally through it's creations without the creations (us) even knowing it.

So basically, I just have these experiences, and when I talk to anybody about them (whether online in chat rooms or in person), I'll basically be "told" (not directly through words, but via other means) that I need to stop. I don't want to go too far into it because I'm unsure of what I should or shouldn't say.

Maybe I'm not being told because I simply don't understand completely yet, and I'd just make myself sound crazy... or maybe perhaps I'm imposing on others free will by trying to help them find what I've found?

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OhNoItsCritical

interesting post, but sounds an awful lot like an excuse to interpret anything as you will as it may or may not be a creator who may or may not make the creation aware that they are undertaknig the creator's will.

I think that experiences are personal and on that basis, can only truly affect you personally.

With respect, what you feel you may have found may be of complete insignificance to another - you presume that it is of worth and of interest.

There is so much subjectivity and ambiguity, that posts and threads of this nature are just contaminating already murky water.

not everything is a mystery - if there is a creator trying to speak to / with you, shame on them for making it so incoherent and incomprehensible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join