It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign Tearing at Dem Rally Leads to Tears

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Oh AR stop your pedantic whining already.

You want to be a martyr? It could be arranged.

Excuse me? That sounds like a THREAT to me!!! Let's see if your buddy Rant will do anything about THAT blatant violation of the ROE's, EH???

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It's her daddies fault for taking her to that rally and making HER hold a sign up for his ideology.

She probably doesn't even know who bush is, 20% of your 18yr olds can't find Canada on a map.

She is being used as a pawn by her daddy and the republicans, if you want to talk sick then examine the family.

My oh My! The things that happen while I am at work!! Reading this now five page thread has been quite an eye opener... Just look at the qoute from The King of News above...

Guess rape is always the fault of the woman, eh Nerdling? If she wouldn't have dressed like that...

And of course it is the U.S.'s fault that we were attacked on 9/11... Why if we hadn't built those towers so high, they wouldn't have wanted to knock them down...

Boy, I can just imagine what the libby's here would be saying if a Bush supporter had ripped a sign from a Kerry protester an ripped it up...

RANT: "This is just typical conservative behavior, if your not a lapdog for the GOP they tear you down. Poor little girl..."

Nerdling: Oh yes Rant, that is so true!! Can I fetch you a cup of coffee? A caffiene free Diet Pepsi? Anything you need..."

It also strikes me as interesting that the libby's are so quick to say this was no place for a child. I guess I have never been to a Democratic political event, but I had no idea they were so dangerous. I have been to a couple of Republican ones and would take my kids any time. Seems the more I learn the more hypocritcal the Democratic party becomes.

BTW, this is America. If I want to take my daughters to a Kerry rally and hold up Bush signs, and if some little thug were to grab one and rip it up... We would both be going to jail, of that I assure you.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Guess rape is always the fault of the woman, eh Nerdling? If she wouldn't have dressed like that...

I don't think this is a fair equation. How about the same woman, and tie her over an ant hill. Is it her fault that she got bit? I think that would be closer.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't think this is a fair equation. How about the same woman, and tie her over an ant hill. Is it her fault that she got bit? I think that would be closer.

So you are saying that a Bush supporter gonig to Kerry rally should expect to be assaulted? Wow, that is even worse than I thought!!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's a story about this guy from 2000 where he took his 12 year old to a Gore Rally:

Democratic Underground
Phil Parlock didn't expect to need all 12 of the Bush-Cheney signs he and his son Louis smuggled in their socks and pockets into the rally for Vice President Al Gore.

But each time they raised a sign, someone would grab it out of their hands, the two Huntington residents said. And sometimes it got physical.

"I expected some people to take our signs," said Louis, 12. "But I did not expect people to practically attack us."

The two said they didn't go to the Friday morning rally to start trouble.

"I came to support Bush and try to change some people's minds," Louis said.

Gore's West Virginia campaign said Bush-Cheney signs were not welcome, but physical confrontations to eliminate them would not have been condoned.

Parlock, a real estate agent, thought it would be at least as educational for his son to spend the morning at the Gore rally as it would have been to spend the day at school. So the two got in the car and drove from Huntington, arriving in Charleston about 9 a.m.

Parlock said he was a volunteer for the Bush-Cheney campaign. He is listed on the West Virginia Bush-Cheney Web site as the Cabell County contact for the campaign.

If you go throught the posts on DU, you'll see he did it in 96 also.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
So you are saying that a Bush supporter gonig to Kerry rally should expect to be assaulted? Wow, that is even worse than I thought!!

What assault? The way I read it the tore up a sign. Are they being charged with assault on cardboard?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
After reexamining the picture I see a lot of people yelling but no one around them. I would put it forward that it was already crumpled and no one touched it. Obvious media manipulation.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Over at DU, they're suggesting that the person who tore up the sign may have been his son.

Democratic Underground

The Parlock clan:

And, to demonstrate the familial similarities, a comparison of the �union worker� and Phil Parlock:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Here's a story about this guy from 2000 where he took his 12 year old to a Gore Rally:

Democratic Underground
Phil Parlock didn't expect to need all 12 of the Bush-Cheney signs he and his son Louis smuggled in their socks and pockets into the rally for Vice President Al Gore.

But each time they raised a sign, someone would grab it out of their hands, the two Huntington residents said. And sometimes it got physical.

"I expected some people to take our signs," said Louis, 12. "But I did not expect people to practically attack us."

The two said they didn't go to the Friday morning rally to start trouble.

"I came to support Bush and try to change some people's minds," Louis said.

Gore's West Virginia campaign said Bush-Cheney signs were not welcome, but physical confrontations to eliminate them would not have been condoned.

Parlock, a real estate agent, thought it would be at least as educational for his son to spend the morning at the Gore rally as it would have been to spend the day at school. So the two got in the car and drove from Huntington, arriving in Charleston about 9 a.m.

Parlock said he was a volunteer for the Bush-Cheney campaign. He is listed on the West Virginia Bush-Cheney Web site as the Cabell County contact for the campaign.

If you go throught the posts on DU, you'll see he did it in 96 also.

So the jerk does this on purpose using his kids as props for GOP sympathetic photo ops. :shk:

E-mail this story to **any** news media outlet that dares to squeeze a tear out of this photo!!!

(from a Lexis-Nexis search)
- - - - - - -
Charleston Daily Mail (West Virginia)
October 28, 2000, Saturday
SECTION: News; Pg. P1A
LENGTH: 861 words
HEADLINE: Signs for Bush taken at rally, father, son say
BYLINE: SAM TRANUM

BUSTED!

Seth, why don't you bring me that coffee as Nerdling probably can't get off the floor laughing right now and I've got GOP hypocrisy to expose.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

OH, my. What says to me is all those angry Dem's are yelling at the son to leave the kid alone. Man aren't they nasty.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Good finds, Democratic Underground is becoming increasingly hard in their investigations.

Seth, Seth, Seth. Always so quick to attack me, where is the love old chap?

Funny to see you turn a story about a child having her sign torn up by angry dems --who turn out to be her family-- into an ideological debate about rape. I'll give you credit, i really didnt see that one coming.

Do you feel threatened that us Dems know how to debate too? Don't worry, when we're elected we won't exclude you, you can join us anytime you like and we'll welcome you.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Then why the apology from the Union?

Statement from the General President Regarding the Events in Huntington, WV

The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades believes in the fundamental right for civil discourse, freedom of speech and activism to support our candidates and issues.

What happened in Huntington, West Virginia yesterday is an affront to everything we, as a union, pride ourselves to represent. We extend our apologies to the Parlock family, especially Sophia, for the distress one of our overzealous members caused them.

I have personally taken steps to address this issue internally, and will take immediate disciplinary action to the fullest extent allowed under U.S. Department of Labor regulations and the constitution of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades.

It is my hope that this incident reminds all of our members that every last citizen in this country has the right to express his or herself freely. Not one single one of us has the right to tell them otherwise.

General President James A. Williams
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades

IUPAT

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You guys really crack me up! As if "Democratic Underground" ever printed the truth about ANYTHING, let alone something that would make ANY DEMOCRAT look bad!!!

Geeze, why don' you just go to Rense.com or MoveOn.org for THEIR slant on the story...I'm sure THEY'LL tell the "truth" as well...

Man...use a site like that as a source and then get all excited over it, slapping each other on the back as if it were actually true....you are so laughable...

Some people's children.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

You guys really crack me up! As if "Democratic Underground" ever printed the truth about ANYTHING, let alone something that would make ANY DEMOCRAT look bad!!!

The news paper articles they referenced are real.

Whether the person who tore up the sign is actually related or not is up for debate.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
We have a right to a peaceful assembly and with that right, parents, along with their children should be able to attend demonstrations and rallies, pro or con, without the heckling that this child has endured.

Either party members should show maturity at these gatherings so that our chilren can learn about the due process of our government. We teach our children to do what we believe is right as soon as they start communicating, not later, unless we would have them to grow up ingorant.

Children not allowed at rallies? That's crock! That's the same as saying, don't take your children to church because they're to young to make a choice and can't make decisions on their own.

What's going to happen now? Will the liberals try to push for laws that outlaw those who are under 18 from attending rallies and church? They may not be able to vote, but they sure have the ability to learn.

And what this child has learned in this photo, is that people at Democratic rallies are scary and mean!

Good work Dems! Shoot yourself in the foot again!

No. A political rally is NOT the place for any child nowadays and you know it. Anyone from ANY party taking a sign from a child or a childs parent WOULD upset the child, and children react by CRYING.
Whoever the idiot was who did this wasnt thinking at all because tempers flare at such events.
My little nephew watched some of the RNC when Bush was talking and he BURST OUT CRYING AND SAID NO NO NO NO! Guess he can spot the boogey man at 3

I dont care whose rally it is, its wrong. Just as it would be wrong to parade around NYC protesting with a small child. Some people need to get a life.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Staged? that wouldnt surprise me, evil as they are

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OMG. If this latest development is true, then....OMG!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
[Seth, why don't you bring me that coffee as Nerdling probably can't get off the floor laughing right now and I've got GOP hypocrisy to expose.

Sure! I would looovee to bring you some coffee! Don't mind that almond taste, um it's an almond roast, yeah that's the ticket...

Seth, Seth, Seth. Always so quick to attack me, where is the love old chap?

Aww, I still love ya Nerdling! In fact I'll be the first to lay a big wet one on ya at the Bush victory party!!!

BTW, Fake or not, the reactions I spoke of were telling.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
RANT:

You're awesome and I love you and think you're the best.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sexual Harassment! Sexual Harassment! You saw it! Look! He's Sexually Harassing me now.

Oh, Come Nov 3rd.

ALL YOUR EXECUTIVE & LEGISLATIVE POWER ARE BELONG TO KERRY.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join