It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do some threads get a #pid number and other display a healine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i would like to know as much as you can tell me about the process of arginizing threads as
i have noticed some catagories of threads are givin a PID number and some are referenced off a tittle.

can anyone suggest why different threads would be treated differently?

thanks in advance mods and peeps

xploder

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This should help.

In computing, the process identifier (normally referred to as the process ID or just PID) is a number used by most operating system kernels (such as that of UNIX, Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows) to (temporarily) uniquely identify a process. This number may be used as a parameter in various function calls allowing processes to be manipulated, such as adjusting the process's priority or killing it altogether.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

i have been experiencing odd pid numbers followed by instant shut down on my equipment,
i have noticed that it only happens when i am on ats is there anything you can suggest?

have ruled out pwr issiues but seems to be cpu related and not heat.
it weird man

mabey there is no corilation??????

i am forced to log back in to my ats account each time and am trying to metion it because it seems ODD
or annoying,

i cant say what the cause is but i am forced from time to time to log back into ATS
in light of the recent events i am being cautious but this seems like something i should bring up as i notice them.

can any mods respond i am forced to relog in evry so often now,
is something wrong or is this the normal now?

xploder

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would like to ask, when you shut down , do you mean as a complete shutdown of your pc ? or shut down as in browser crash ?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

instant off,
the whole lot fans and all ...............
reboot and relogon to ats,
browser offers to recover webpage.
its a hard shut down..........................

not over heat not pwr,
plenty of drive space
updates and antivirus
happens instantly.
no warning
no error message on reboot like hard shut down detected,

very strange
results,
frequent reboots and frequent logons to ats

i dont like having to log on so much.......

any ideas?
i referenced the pid id because it started to make a pattern.......

xploder

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

All I know about #pid is when linking to a thread I sometimes link to the whole thread like so...

Why do some threads get #pid number and other display a headline?

And sometimes I link directly to a post within a thread like so...

Exploder on #pid numbers

The second link goes to a #pid number because I first selected "this post", the little blue tag avove each post.

Hopes that helps you a little bit.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

thanks for the reply..
i think i understand how the adressing system works here,
im just woundering why on SOME web pages my machine drops dead?

xploder

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
helloooooo echoooooo
"crickets" chip chirp

why am i being crashed?
does it come from ats?
does it have anything to do with this hacking job?

am i in danger of sounding silly?

can a mod cheak my acoounty thingy?
quiet in here ere re e

xploder

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Normally when a computer shuts down its obviously due to power shortage, not from the source but from actual unit that is supplying power to your computer. On the other hand, if your computer shuts down only when it visits this site then i suggest you beef up your security measures, perhaps install a descent firewall, oh and yes, i do hope you are not using Internet Explorer.

On a side note, Mozilla 10.0 that was released has some wicked bugs as a browser, so far on 3 computers that i installed it created nothing but havoc, so i needed to uninstall and delete and reg keys. I then switched back to the previous version running all the norm anti spam, java scripts etc etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I'm assuming that you mean the pid in the address? If so, that's the post number so that you can link right to it.

Your OP.

The second post

If you look at the two addresses, they will each have a different pid.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

It sounds to me like a hardware glitch. Perhaps bad RAM. I would vacuum out your PC , and remove and plug back in RAM and Video card. This may help.
edit on 13-2-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

i am using iexplorer,
are you suggesting a new browser?

i have gone through the logs and not found a single thing of interest to do with pwr

i already have a firewall,
tip top AV
replaced pwr transformer and lead,
new battery,

up untill i wrote this tread, ats was the only place this was happening,
now i also get hard crash on start up,
only since posting

i will vacum the dust and reseat ram VID card ect,

thanks for

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sounds like RAM. Your computer thinks it has more memory, and tries to allocate some of that memory, and when tries to read/write something to it, it just crashes.

What OS are you using? WIndows 7? then you might run the memory diagnostics, which you can access if you press just as your machine is starting to boot. Else, you can download an ISO image for Memtest86, burn a Bootable CD from it, and tell your PC to boot from the CD ROM. It will quickly tell you if you have a memory error.

It might just be one of the RAM sticks that is slightly loose in its socket. Happens all the time

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I can help!!! I think!

This has happened to me on several occasions, with 3 different computers. All three instances had to do with the power outlet I had my computer(s) plugged into. I was getting feedback (or something) from the "ground pin hole" in the outlet.

Once I switched my plug to a different hole (heh) all worked fine. I was able to feel the electrical current flowing through my towers infrastructure, though I don't reccomend checking for a current. It is a startling discovery, when/if found.

Anyway, I reccomend switching power outlets. My computer would run fine, and then shut down no warning. After a week or two it stopped turning on until I unplugged it, and reset the power supply. (Little red switch on back of supply.) Would also shut down right during startup...just sayin'

(Hope this is your problem, it is sooo cheap to fix!)

new topics

top topics

join