It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting picture

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by elevenaugust

It was hot that day, like about 80 I think but cloudy.
I think that was crescent beach FL., but it might have been siesta key. either way, they are both next to each other near sarasota, florida.
I had the camera on auto because that's easy...

Ok, I wanted to believe you, but your statements are puzzling.

In your original post, you said you took the photo "the other day", and in this post you "think it was crescent beach, FL...but might have been siesta key".

You mentioned that you saw the effect on camera right after you took it AFTER skipping shells in the water and saying prayers to your hubby.

So, you are telling me you don't know exactly where you were when these events happened?

sorry I've still got jet lag from driving 16 hours yesterday.
I took that pic thursday late afternoon, the 9th.
Crescent Beach is on Siesta Key, there is really no siesta key beach per say. It's a couple miles long and we walked alot, I do remember we were coming back from the 'point of rocks'. which is technically the end of crescent beach.
, I don't live there just visit.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And now the photo is gone? What gives?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

I think that was crescent beach FL., but it might have been siesta key. either way, they are both next to each other near sarasota, florida.

Ok, I wanted to believe you, but your statements are puzzling.

In your original post, you said you took the photo "the other day", and in this post you "think it was crescent beach, FL...but might have been siesta key".

You mentioned that you saw the effect on camera right after you took it AFTER skipping shells in the water and saying prayers to your hubby.

So, you are telling me you don't know exactly where you were when these events happened?

sorry I've still got jet lag from driving 16 hours yesterday.
I took that pic thursday late afternoon, the 9th.
Crescent Beach is on Siesta Key, there is really no siesta key beach per say. It's a couple miles long and we walked alot, I do remember we were coming back from the 'point of rocks'. which is technically the end of crescent beach.
, I don't live there just visit.

I understand. Just wanted to know.

I hope it was your hubby and not smoke.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It looks exactly like cigarette smoke captured in a camera flash.. I don't smoke but my mother does and she's horrible about getting shots very much like that ..

I'm torn between wanting to believe and smoke.
that's why I'm being honest here. but I wasn't smoking at the time.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

do what?
I think you're having pc issues.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

to Destinyone and Starchild , thank you.
I do so want to think that.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by horseplay

That's my sister with the bulk of the 'mist', and she has been my rock and angel through everything.
Actually, all 5 in the pic have been the best.
the girl in the bathing suit had a cig behind her. (I want to express my honesty here), but like someone said that would have to be a giant cig to put out that much smoke around them. And now the dam things go out if you're not constantly smoking them.
Nobody thinks the 'mist' is near the camera and just gives the illusion it's around the people?

Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't my intent if that is how I came across? I don't think the mist was cigarettes either. Just thought it was a warning to quit smoking (like me). Hard to do and I have emphysema from it, so tell her. I wasn't debunking your pic just scrutinizing it. This IS ATS.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

no, no. no offense taken. I need to quit too. Have several times even, it's a demon though.
My friend in the suit said the same thing about quiting, it's like we all want to but it's not easy. If that was her with the 'focus' it would certainly be motivation.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like cig smoke, but I am sure someone probably said that already.

Interesting anyways, thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't see how it can't be smoke. But it's too concentrated to be from the person in the pic. It almost has to be from directly behind you.
There wasn't any Bob Marley playing when you took this was there?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I don't see how it can't be smoke. But it's too concentrated to be from the person in the pic. It almost has to be from directly behind you.
There wasn't any Bob Marley playing when you took this was there?

Nobody around me. We almost had the beach to ourselves it was sweet.
Took me a minute on the Bob

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit

The origin of these mists is probably mostly the photographer's breath on a cold day lit by the flash that was fired:

It's obviously not that cold, they're at the beach standing in the water.

Don't be so sure.. I've been at the beach and been able to see my breath. when it gets later in the day it can get pretty chilly depending on where you are... Pensacola Florida can get chilly later in the day during the spring for sure ( just as an example ) .. still looks more like cigarette smoke to me .. dense
Well, without meaning to be more indelicate than necessary, it can't be that cold because amongst a bunch of five women there isn't even one instance of smuggled peanuts. It's just not likely, eh?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Did you went to the water before taking the pic? And how cold was the ocean?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Awesome picture considering what you did just before taking it. I believe in the impossible - go with your heart and appreciate the gift.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Did you went to the water before taking the pic? And how cold was the ocean?

We were just 'shelling', looking for shells on the beach. water was probably in the upper 60's (F), cool but OK up to the knees or so. But the air was very warm, I remember sweating earlier that day. I should look up the forecast from that day. But no, we did not swim - it was a bit too chilly water for that.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Awesome picture considering what you did just before taking it. I believe in the impossible - go with your heart and appreciate the gift.

I am. Now it looks to me like a hand trying to circle/hold all my dear friends and family. .

Oddly enough, When I went to feed the horses this morning they would not come in and I quickly discovered it was because 5 heart shaped balloons tied together had someone fallen out of the sky in my pasture. Of course, balloons eat horses you know.

Just another odd coincidence?
I live totally out in the middle of nowhere. the nearest town is almost 10 miles away downwind today...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

We were just 'shelling', looking for shells on the beach. water was probably in the upper 60's (F), cool but OK up to the knees or so. But the air was very warm, I remember sweating earlier that day. I should look up the forecast from that day. But no, we did not swim - it was a bit too chilly water for that.

The temperature difference between your body (even if you went on the water only up to the knees) and the cold water is enough to create evaporation close to you that was visible to the camera and lit by its flash.

That makes a difference of (101.5F - 60F)= 41.5F. Even if we consider 70F for the water temperature, it's still enough to create water evaporation.

That's only a theory, of course, for what it worth
edit on 13-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Well we know you're a man...

but you're right, the air was pleasantly warm. the ocean water a tad cool for swimming but OK for wading.
It was, according to my friend the local, an unusually pleasantly hot day in sarasota.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have a follow up pic taken just after and there is nothing.

If you want to see it just give me a few minutes to resize and upload....

EDIT; alright, thought I'd just go ahead and load it.
ps. my friend still had her cig in this one.

edit on 13-2-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks! Nice picture.

That makes one minute later, could be enough for all the moisture on your body to dissipate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join