It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi there-there's another thread that I think was removed, but, contained within it this link, connecting to a translation of the emerald tablets of thoth. www.crystalinks.com... Here's some of the preface:

The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops. In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis.

For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 52,000 B.C. to 36,000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization.

Source & More

I think the content is worth discussing..
edit on 12-2-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Please use ex tags when quoting external sources
edit on 15-1-2013 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

Lately I have been seeing and hearing "As above, so below" everywhere. And other than a similar passage in the Bible I had never heard that before....so last night I googled it and came across the Emerald Tablets. It definitely resonated with my soul.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This is interesting, I'll give them a read.

Have you read them? And did you feel an affect?
edit on 12-2-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

This is interesting, I'll give them read.

Have you read them? And did you feel an effect?

Just spent the last 2 hours reading the whole thing, yes. I thought it was amazing, but, I need to read it a few more times to really internalize it and discuss it intelligently.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi, above and below fans.

That "phrase" is also much used by "fractals" fans.
Try an IXQUICK.com search on that. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How can I be convinced that the Emerald Tablets actually exist? I have done a Google search and can't find any verification.

Where are they? Are they on display for public view in some museum somewhere? Have scientist verified this substance that they are made of?

Who translated them originally? Who spoke Atlantean? Were they written in hieroglyphs or script?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by DAZ21

This is interesting, I'll give them read.

Have you read them? And did you feel an effect?

Just spent the last 2 hours reading the whole thing, yes. I thought it was amazing, but, I need to read it a few more times to really internalize it and discuss it intelligently.

2 hours?? I'm in for a serious read then. Will be interesting to discuss, I'll start reading and comeback later.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Lately I have been seeing and hearing "As above, so below" everywhere. And other than a similar passage in the Bible I had never heard that before....so last night I googled it and came across the Emerald Tablets. It definitely resonated with my soul.

Yes same also. ive been hearing "As above, so below" alot also. ive been putting thought into it and i can see that it applies to everything in life. Fibonacci's spiral abides by it, a plant. its roots and leafs growing in sync. and many more, Thinking about it all makes a popping sound deep in my head, must be on the right tracks, like you say, Its Definitely resonating with my soul !

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have been reading these lately too!!
Its sychronicity

I got the idea to read them from the Spirit science series on youtube, and i do not regret it,
I was going to read them several months ago but lost the idea,

I think perhaps these things are shifting more into the front of awareness because it seems.. most plausible to a lot of us, me included. Far more plausible then the religious doctines of today.
edit on 12/2/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
How can I be convinced that the Emerald Tablets actually exist? I have done a Google search and can't find any verification.

Where are they? Are they on display for public view in some museum somewhere? Have scientist verified this substance that they are made of?

Who translated them originally? Who spoke Atlantean? Were they written in hieroglyphs or script?

They are also called the emerald tablets of hermes,
Hermes was another name thoth went by, as he moved around the world to different places quite frequently

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I stumbled across the Emerald Tablets of Thoth on the internet once and I planned on reading it but never got around to it. However it's fascinating, as stated in Hermetica, that ancient Egypt is a mirrored image of the heavens.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I also suggest people read the 'Flow of life" books,
The man who wrote them, if you believe in esoterics, was passed the knowledge of the flower of life when Thoth decided it was his time to pass on from this world, Thoth gave the man all his knowledge and it is in the flower of life books.
The flow of life is..amazing to say the least.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a section that stood out to me (im reading them now again, its been slow goings this week)

Knowledge is regarded by the fool is ignorance, and the things that are profitable are to him hurtful. He liveth in death. It is therefore his food

I found this quote very interesting indeed. Seems like something we can relate to modern life eh? Those of knowledge usually are ignorant in the eyes of fools (who are really the ignorant ones).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am very sorry that I have little time for this today, as I would like to stick around. But I can't.

You are right. This is the second thread to promulgate this 'Emerald Tablet of Thoth' garbage.

It is interesting to compare the 'The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean', with, say, The Kybalion, and other works of 19th and 20th century occult-revival 'literature'. But that is where it should stop.

It is always important to take a look if possible, and it almost always is these days, at the origins of these texts and the people behind them.

The particular text that you are about to try and peruse for 'spiritual knowledge' is a modern regurgitation of older stuff. Much like Theosophy. All this stuff was written at a time when people just could not conceive of a time when Google would make all their plagiarisms and fabrications and concoctions plain as day.

You need to look in to this guy...

www.bwtemple.org...

Shangri-la, Colo. Monday, Sep. 16, 1946 Two hundred men, women & children sweated away last week to convert an isolated Colorado canyon into an atomic foxhole. They hurried to finish roads, houses, power plant, workshop and administration building before atom bombs rained down to wipe out civilization. Dr. Doreal had said it would be "soon, probably sooner." When the radioactive dust had settled at last, they—the Brotherhood of the White Temple—would emerge from their hideout, help set civilization going again.

Dr. Doreal is a chubby, bald little man with glittery eyes who turned up 17 years ago in Denver, Colo, and incorporated a new church: the Brotherhood of the White Temple. He said he was part Choctaw, born on an Oklahoma reservation and that, after serving in the Signal Corps during World War I, he had gone to Tibet and been received into the inner circle of the Royal Order of Shamballa Priests. To goggle-eyed followers he told still more: about the subterranean Great White Lodge, 75 miles beneath the Forbidden City of Lhasa and reached by a "gravity-neutralizing" elevator, where a twelve-man Supreme Council met in a white-metal hall to plan world strategy. "Archbishop" Doreal assured brotherhood members that he kept in constant touch with the council by sending his soul back to Tibet by "astral projection."

Under the leadership of Dr. Doreal and his astral remote control, Denver's Brotherhood of the White Temple prospered. By 1942 it had acquired an imposing downtown mansion. Here, pink-cheeked Prophet Doreal, garbed in a gold-trimmed robe of purple silk, addressed his followers from a throne that had once belonged to Mexico's Emperor Maximilian (see cut). Men & women came to hear Doreal talk of "onement with the universal mind" or "full illumination," and to be bound together by the "thaumaturgic power that was exercised by Christ and his disciples." Members of any faith were welcome, were not required to abandon their previous beliefs or their minor vices.

Leader Doreal supplied them with his own interpretations of the Gospels. But as to the religions with which the brotherhood would lead the postatomic world, "Archbishop" Doreal took care last week to be as misty as the distant Himalayas. Said he: "Our foundation is Christian, but our interpretation differs from that of the orthodox groups. . . . We're reasonable people, not fanatics." His most explicit expression of faith: "I am a Republican."

www.time.com...

Here, this is from the last tablet, the 'secret of secrets'

When ye have released the self from the body,
rise to the outermost bounds of your earth-plane.
Speak ye the word Dor-E-Lil-La.

www.crystalinks.com...

He thought an awful lot of himself, this Dr. Doreal, didn't he?

Sorry so choppy guys. You will have to put it together for yourselves.

What you have here is ancient wisdom for sure, but it is ancient wisdom regurgitated by Jim Jones and has been denuded of substance.

Dr. Doreal was just another (and possibly still is) crank out to get in to people's pocket books and accrue power to himself.

You are better off with a Kybalion thread. You would get farther and not get astral herpes all over yourselves.

X.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I posted a reply on that old thread (not really sure why it was deleted???) regarding Aliester Crowley that I never got an answer from (perhaps I did but I didn't get to check before it was deleted).

Are these the same tablets that Aleister Crowley studied or were those the Enochian Tablets?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Youll be hard pressed to find something that hasn't been regurgitated several times already,
this is the only translation of the tablets, if they even exists, that i can find, thus reading it.

There are lots of ancient texts out there to read
, lots of interpretation to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Youll be hard pressed to find something that hasn't been regurgitated several times already,
this is the only translation of the tablets, if they even exists, that i can find, thus reading it.

It is true that ancient philosophy has been hi jacked
It is better to go the source or as near the source as possible
Plus if you can not read ancient text - you need a trustwothy translater
Such documents do exist
I am not sure of the Authenticity of the Emerald Tablets
They smack of psuedo - ism
The best tool is one's own discernment

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've read the Kybalion. As an AMORC member, I'm also reading their lessons, and doing my own research and reading quite a few books, from Albertus Magnus to Dr. John Dee and others. What I'm reading here with the tablets does resonate, but as some of you point out, discernment is key.I'm not swallowing the thing whole, but there is some knowledge to be gained here. Guess I'll just filter out what I discover to be not useful, and pan for the nuggets of gold, if any are here.
edit on 12-2-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by AzureSky

It is true that ancient philosophy has been hi jacked
It is better to go the source or as near the source as possible
Plus if you can not read ancient text - you need a trustwothy translater
Such documents do exist
I am not sure of the Authenticity of the Emerald Tablets
They smack of psuedo - ism
The best tool is one's own discernment

Absolutely, I follow a simple rule, and it is to never assume anything, which is a very broad term
, (Usually synchonicity will bring me to where i need to go, its happened frequently lately )
Nuggets of information that take me forever on a quest of knowledge and wisdom,
Of topics that i love like ancient history, occult, esoteric teachings and just generally things that are 'out of this world' to many 'normal people'(i suppose you would say),

To me, the abnormal seems far more normal than what we're told is normal.
But there is the discernment, follow the heart, the heart is usually correct.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Yes spot on thats how I think or similaly
Trust ones own inner voice
Sycronisty no longer is a surprise event it becomes the norm
I am working on it also

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join