It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran To Announce Great Nuclear Achievements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, says great nuclear achievements will be announced within the next few days.

In a speech broadcast on state television, Mr Ahmadinejad told a large crowd in Tehran's Azadi Square that "all needs of the Iranian nation" would be met by its nuclear scientists in the near future.

"God willing, the world will witness the inauguration of great achievements in the nuclear sphere in a few days," he added.

The president said Western powers were using the nuclear issue as a "pretext" to work "against the development of the Iranian nation".

"They say that they want to talk to us. We have always been ready for talks. Well, they should be within the framework of justice and respect."

"I clearly declare that if you (the West) use the language of force and insult, the Iranian nation will never yield to you," he said.

Full link www.bbc.co.uk...

It seems as though Iran's nuclear programme is coming along nicely. Especially if they feel able to report about it to the world.

Is it just flaunting defiance in the wake of the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic revolution?

This seems like the perfect bait for Israel to me. Even if the programme is for peaceful purposes, israel are just waiting for the right time to strike.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A day late and a buck short....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-2-2012 by CalibratedZeus because: Link added....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Awesome catch, but if I might suggest checking for existing threads...? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I did search, I always do and nothing came up. Oh well, suppose we will see what happens over the next few days.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
I did search, I always do and nothing came up. Oh well, suppose we will see what happens over the next few days.

It's actually an ongoing discussion. I don't think you searched hard enough.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
A day late and a buck short....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-2-2012 by CalibratedZeus because: Link added....

Thats what i was gonna say. This was posted yesterday.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by DAZ21

It's actually an ongoing discussion. I don't think you searched hard enough.

Of course It's an ongoing discussion if It's already posted.

Some of us on ATS aren't on all day, we have jobs to attend to in the real world. There's only so far I can search, stop trolling starchild.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So far, I've heard possible "scientific and agricultural applications for nuclear energy".

But when I turn on CNN, they say that means a bomb.

I would think that the US having nuclear power, would realize that it isn't always a bomb. Canada has scientific applications of nuclear energy, without a bomb.

I'm not saying they don't have a bomb, we don't know. But it could be scientific of another nature.

I would like to know what they've learned, and how this will be applied, so I am looking forward to an announcement just to see if they really have figured out something new.
Before the US/Israel bombs their new knowledge into oblivion......

Oh, the irony...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I agree, and I feel that every nation has an equal right to nuclear energy.

Hopefully it really is for peaceful purposes, but I feel either way Iran will be condemned and not just scrutinized by the west, but possibly face the peril of war against Israel.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That they finally build a nuclear weapons ?
joking
it would be like a wet dream for US and Israel

Probably have augmented the rods production
and now their nuclear plant can produce more watts in electricity
to supply millions of Iranians homes ?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
To be fair the ATS search function sucks. You can plug in the exact keywords you are looking for and the search results are full of irrelevant and old threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Haha yea. Imagine if they came out with news of having built a nuclear bomb, and that their research was further into fruition then what we were led to believe.

I think that is very unlikely, but may be the best thing to happen to the world. Who would dare attack then?? Stalemate.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Friendly reminder

ATS allows one "Breaking" news thread and one regular forum thread for each topic.
So, this thread is allowed.

Now, back to the topic:

Iran To Announce Great Nuclear Achievements

new topics

top topics

join