It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A silver bullet to beat cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this is some amazing news people!

The internet is awash with stories of how silver can be used to treat cancer. Now, lab tests have shown that it is as effective as the leading chemotherapy drug - and may have fewer side-effects.

Results from the study at the University of Leeds, published in Dalton Transactions, show that particular silver compounds are as toxic to cancer cells as the platinum-based drug Cisplatin, which is widely used to treat a range of cancers.

But the crucial difference is that silver is thought to be much less toxic to healthy human cells, and in some cases, can be beneficial. Silver is currently used for its antiseptic and antibiotic properties, in bandages, wound dressings and water purification filters in the third world.

Nausea and vomiting, kidney damage and an increased risk of infection are common side effects of Cisplatin which is used to treat cancer of the lungs, breast, bladder, testicles, head and neck, ovaries and lymph nodes.

the research is still ongoing but so far they had some good results.

source

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
news to me, and good news too!

S&F - though id be supprised if this is the first ats thread i caught about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

news to me, and good news too!

though id be supprised if this is the first ats thread i caught about it

silver has been mentioned before as a possible cure for cancer.
so far this is the first 'confirmation' i've found so far.
from a legit source that is.

S&F

where?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I'm pretty sure magnetics can be used too.

But of course, magnets are the widely-underestimated underdog of health and medicine...despite the fact that humans have an electromagnetic field.
edit on CSundaypm000005f05America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Great news indeed! I've heard of many cancer cures. Most are probably fake. Some may be surpressed, no way for most of us to really know. I really hope chemo therapy get's replaced with something better though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hi, cancer watchers !

Here IS the source of the study:

Research news
www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/2901/a_silver_bullet_to_beat_cancer
CUT & PASTE it.

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
they're not interested in curing cancer, just in the profit potential of treating it. we should all know how sick our society has become when making a buck far outweighs the value of human life. doesn't matter what you find that cures cancer, hemp, silver or whatever, they will not market it nor allow you or anyone else to use it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Not evry researcher or scientist is on the TPTB's payroll.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Not evry researcher or scientist is on the TPTB's payroll.

certainly they are not, but the buck, so to speak, stops with the government agencies that say yea or nay to whether it can be used.

take it one step farther if you will. the govt agencies whom regulate these decisions are are regulated by the elected officials who receive large sums of money from the huge pharmaceutical companies.
edit on 12-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
has anyone ever heard of that doctor in texas who cured some people of canser and the fda tryed to put him in jail, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski thats who im talking about

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Silver induces apoptosis in Candida Albicans.

If cancer is caused by tissue reaction to this fungus...
...then it would be reasonable to assume Silver could be used to treat cancer.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

edit on 14/2/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Colloidal Metals have been on the market for years as far I know, even here in Africa we can get them, they are quite pricey though.

Check out purestcolloids.c?m

I am not sure if we are allowed to post addresses here but I AM sure that you will find your way to the site!

eta: I am also quite sure that there have a number of threads on ATS about colloidal metals, in fact I think that it was on this site that I first became aware of them and it's not just silver also copper, gold, platinum etc!
edit on 14/2/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join