It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine's day gift ideas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Valentine’s Day can go one of two drastically different directions: 1) Execute it perfectly and you will be basking in adoration for the next 365 days; or 2) Drop the ball and you spend the next 365 days trying to correct the error of your ways. Don’t fret, though, making your partner’s day is easier than it seems. Case in point: These can’t-fail gifts that let her know she’s the center of your world.

Read more: ca.askmen.com...

Valentines day is coming up . What will you be doing for your dear darling ? This thread is for men , who want to do something special for their partners. Not for the anti-valentine people , who think its just another marketing ploy lol.

This day is for her , sure you should love her unconditionally everyday , but v-day is when all her gf's are going to be showing off what they got , women are fierce competitors , thats why its important she doesn't feel left out. Its just a gentlemen thing to do , for your partner on a day of "hearts" . She deserves it no ? she puts up with you all year long , its the least one can do !

You don't have to buy anything , but remember its the thought that counts. Your actions speak much louder then words. You could do very simple things to make her day memorable , and your night magical

Lets see some ideas .

Here you have your typical ,

Key chains , flowers , cards , and the same old

www.gifts.com...

This website here also have many great gift ideas .

www.gifts.com...

What turns a women on more then chocolate ? maybe brad pitt knocking on their doors , with no shirt and question mark and sign that says "test drive"?

so the next best thing !

www.ediblearrangements.ca...

That's right , give her a gift she can eat after , and i'm sure we all know how a women's chemistry changes when she gets some of that mmmm chocolate to melt in her mouth ! These gifts sure do give back ! lol

But what if you wanna go past that ? something more thoughtful.

Make up a batch of heart-shaped pancakes for a yummy Valentine's breakfast or brunch. Just pour the batter in the frying pan in a free-form heart shape and serve with strawberries and whipped cream.

Each of you can create individual notes, say 4 or 6 each, to describe a special surprise - a back rub, a bubble bath, kisses from head to toe, a special meal - fold up the notes and toss them into a jar. You can take turns having fun plucking a coupon from the jar and doing what it says

Visit a hospital or chronic care home to pass out small Valentine surprises to the residents. They will enjoy the care and attention from something so unexpected.

Make sure you wear old clothes for this one and plan this escapade where cleanup will be easy (no carpets, please!) Make up a batch of chocolate pudding. Feed each other and wind up
having a food fight! Ideally, this is more fun in your birthday suits, then the pudding won't go to waste where it lands! Guaranteed for loads of giggles between the two of you - take a shower-for-two after this one and wash each other's chocolate-flavored hair!

and even more ideas @ www.allthatwomenwant.com...

Don't wanna spend the money you say ? wanna spend as little as possible you say ?

www.mrfreestuff.com...

here are more creative ideas !

artofmanliness.com...

The sky is the limit. The key is to wooo her off her feet , make her grasp for air , twinkle her eyes , and give you that im gonna do naughty things with you later , smile! .

Do NOT pull PRANKS! on VDAY! lol This is not funny , and you will sleep on the couch!

lol

This is for the ATS ladies
happy v-day you vixens of knowledge!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The thing is that women are all different. Well with the exception of chocolate.
You can't go wrong there. Belgian is the way to go. And there HAS to be a card. And not a funny one. Getting the right gift entails actually listening to your woman. I know, funny concept.
You can play it safe with the chocolates, flowers, etc but if you ARE listening you can do better. One year her computer wouldn't work with our wifi and I bought 50 feet of cable and hardwired her computer. She was ecstatic. There was a card too.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Geez $125 for a poem. $250 for a poem inside a picture frame.

Ripoff.

I'm glad my wife and I are easy to please.

Dinner, movie, spank on the tush.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Get her this!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

lol thats funny , but ladies don't fart. only men , boys , girls do . Ladies excerete a small wiff of air , that has a pleasant strawberry scent to it !

see!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Dinner out to a nice place...then home for dessert, Set up a Chocolate Fountain in advance, turn it on when you get home...voila, instant romance....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well since I can't get anything physically, I opted for an e-card with an image of our favourite band (Metallica) and a short but sweet (and hopefully amusing) message.

I'm worried though because neither of us have traditionally liked Valentine's Day because of being single for most of them before we got it together and she's already pissed at havign to work tuesday in a place that will have cards, flowers, candy and balloons for a block at least.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I dont know what more I can do but I am taking my girlfriend for a 6 day vacation to Goa this Sunday. As we both are working tomorrow so we cant do much tomorrow but I hope the beach and warm sun in a luxury resort will make it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

oh nice buddy ! thats sounds like a great time for her !

Wish i could take mine on a vacation ! but the budget says no lol

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'd recommend this idea...

I did it for our Anniversary recently.

Name a star after her. There are lots of directory services where you can do this, ranging from free, to quite pricey. While nobody can technically name a star, it's named within that database, and it's more of the thought, than anything official.

I've also got an Edible Arrangement set up to be delivered to her at work for Valentine's Day though, and a nice card, and a box of her favorite Dove truffle hearts. Got her some nice jewelry too.

I know this is a commercial holiday only, designed to make money for these industries, but that said, if your girl is the only one not getting something...neither are you. (getting something).

I can't stress this enough.

DELIVERING THINGS TO YOUR GAL AT WORK IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA!

When they can "show off" at work, it's a knock out of the park. They feel loved and appreciated.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Thanks, I am hoping everything works out perfectly. We have been waiting for a vacation like this for a long time.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Sounds great!

We're doing kind of a mini-vacation this weekend..ing to Islands of Adventure/Universal in Orlando. Kelly Clarkson will be in concert there also, so my wife is looking forward to that. The vacation is kind of a combination Anniversary and Valentines present to ourselves.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A card and "I love you." All she needs. I'm a lucky guy.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Nice..that really sounds great. Hope you have a great time.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I really like some ideas from www.artofmanliness.com... rosaholics.com... and www.artofmanliness.com...
edit on 2-2-2023 by KateReed because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2023 by KateReed because: mistakes

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It depends on the person may be some chocolate or flowers, my husband keens in photography and I gave him a drone, not expensive www.extremefliers.com...

top topics

join