It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warned for speaking out.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Dearest, sweet slank...
The above matters little...the fact is that this is board provided to you for free. You agreed to adhere to the rules and regulations of the board....you can not possibly think that you can break those rules and nothing be done or said about it......no one here is telling anyone "how" to think, feel, or believe...what you are being told and what you will have to adhere to in order to continue on this board, is follow what you agreed to follow upon registration! That we are even discussing this situation is proof in itself, that the mods and admins here are indeed beyond fair! I'm having a really hard time understanding how some of you people are looking at this the way you are....it's not your board....it's provided for you, for free, all you have to do is follow what you agreed to follow!

[edit on 9/18/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Before ATS, I didnt even know what a forum was. I happened upon this site by complete accident and was hooked from day one I lurked around for quite some time just checking things out. Something I have noticed since I have began participating ( not that long, only about a month or two ) is the lack of respect that has crept in over the last two or three weeks. Maybe I just never caught all the replies in the beginning or something. Anyway, I have never heard anyone complain of being warned of anything untill this thread was started. I got warned for one liners right off the start. It was a good thing for me, because now, when Im reading a thread that Im intrested in, its a pain in the a55 to se 13 people in a row go " ME TO". Or " Yeah, I agree." It completly disrupts the thread. I learned from it, and I MOVED ON! Now, when I post, I try an put forth effort in what I say. I guess what Im trying to say to you is let it go, step back for a day or two, come back and see if you still want to contribute to a site such as this. If you find that you just cant abide by the rules, then by a server and host your own forum. Sarcasm is NOT intended. It is not as expensive as it sounds. A few of my friends at school are doing it for just this reason. Take a break man, it sounds like you need it.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What I don't like is when people are made to feel inferior because they hold an opinion different from the majority. I think recently this has happened with the '911: the pentagon was struck by a Boeing 757'.
I realize it is only social pressure. But the entire thread was started and run with an Agenda to KILL any differing viewpoints. It was NOT presented as an unbiased offering of facts that demonstrated why the author held his viewpoints but was used to discredit differing views. An intelligent thoughtful person would have known the facts can speak for themselves. And infact the extreme emotional attachment to a particular view calls it into question. Like "Why is Cat Herder SO worried if people don't believe what he believes?" A truly dispassionate observer would have simply recounted the facts they had and Freely allowed others to make up their own minds.

Any differing opinion was meant with contempt and belittling responses. As though Cat Herder or SkepticOverlords opinions were any more valid than anyone elses.
Someone as old as me realizes people rise people fall and you need to determine those truths you feel you need to know by your own good sense.

The Truth is ALWAYS dispassionate.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
What I don't like is when people are made to feel inferior because they hold an opinion different from the majority. .

I think it's all in perception. It would seem that most people here have no problem with others that have a strong opinion...I am one of those people too....I am very passionate about my beliefs, very stubborn and very able to stand my ground. I suppose that there are some people, that can not handle a strong opinioned response, able to stand on those opinions, and I guess it may make some feel a bit intimidated...and I think these are the people that are now complaining in this thread

<< 1  2   >>

join