It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb photo I took myself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For years I have been watching my cameras for orb photos, hoping that one day I would get something, but up until a few months ago, I have never gotten anything.

I moved into a new apartment, and a few days later, I started to feel like there was a presence in the apartment, almost like things coming and going, so I took a few pictures. I got orbs.

Now I know most people will blow this off as dust or light reflections, but the feelings that came with these photos are what is important to me. I knew something was there. Perhaps it is just light reflections and dust though, I dunno. Anyways, pick away at this photo for me if you will. I make no claims other than my camera picked up this picture, and a few more that night.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Im no expert but I reckon there could be some type of residue on the lens!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

It is possible.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkblade71

Do you have more photos?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What I find odd is the repeated pattern of the "orbs" .

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

looks similar:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I do, but I would have to modify them to post them because it is a picture of my daughter standing with no orb, and then with an orb, so I would have to blur her face.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not residue on the lens, it is lens flare.

Look at the ceiling fan and lighting fixture.

The 3 'hot spots' on the gold fixture and the glass on the light exactly match up with the three orbs your photo is showing. Either the flash from the camera, or another light source is reflecting off of the ceiling fan/fixture and hitting the lens of the camera capturing these 'orbs.'

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm afraid you have captured dust particles reflecting light from the camera flash. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you do not have paranormal activity there. I would try some other techniques, like EVP recording or the "flashlight trick" that Amy uses on Ghosthunters.

Orbs that can not be debunked have certain characteristics. For example, they give off their own light - it's not reflective. They can also streak leaving a trail or you can not see through them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Not residue on the lens, it is lens flare.

Look at the ceiling fan and lighting fixture.

The 3 'hot spots' on the gold fixture and the glass on the light exactly match up with the three orbs your photo is showing. Either the flash from the camera, or another light source is reflecting off of the ceiling fan/fixture and hitting the lens of the camera capturing these 'orbs.'

That was one of my conclusions. The only problem I had with that was I couldn't make it happen again. I tried, but that night was the only night I got anything like orbs. I ended up taking about 4 or 5 orb photos. I have never been able to do it before, or sense. *shrug* And I have tried to repeat standing in the same places with the same lighting etc, and nothing.

I am not saying that these are not reflections, only that I came from that angle myself and could not repeat it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
dust, water droplets, marks on lens... orbs are not ghosts

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yup , it is dust. To test this take a flash photo of your sofa. Now pat sofa hard a few times , and take another picture. The second picture will have many more orbs in it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

i lol'd so hard

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Yup , it is dust. To test this take a flash photo of your sofa. Now pat sofa hard a few times , and take another picture. The second picture will have many more orbs in it.

Had photo's with the same "orbs", went into the our sun room and smacked the spare bed & orb city. I do believe these phenomena are dust particles lit up by camera flash.

But I have captured an orb that was self lit, up in the sky & its light reflected off the clouds.
I will upload a photo and post a link to the video sometime after I can make threads.

Edit: Here is one of the frames captured from the video

Keep searching & keep an open mind OP
edit on 12-2-2012 by BaZooKaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Cant see why you guys are still posting pictures of these "orbs"
Its water in the air.. reflecting light back into the camera... nothing more

That or my house if filled with "ghosts"

here is a picture of the room where im building me a new kichin

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Cant see why you guys are still posting pictures of these "orbs"
Its water in the air.. reflecting light back into the camera... nothing more

That or my house if filled with "ghosts"

here is a picture of the room where im building me a new kichin

Actually, it's dust. And I can tell you exactly where it's coming from. It's very difficult to notice in the picture but if you look really really closely you might notice that there is actually a woman with a broom. She's sweeping what looks like a dusty bare concrete floor which will throw the dust up into the air. Like I said though, you really have to look at the picture closely to notice the woman sweeping up because it's not obvious at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Who knows maybe you caught a real orb. I have seem orbs twice. Both times yellow balls giving off a blue hue of colour.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Take some dust and drop it in front of the camera.. you will see dust

Take some dust and drop it far away from the camera and you will see orbs

You can also look up at the stars and see little orbs that are really balls of fire.

Originally posted by purplemer

Who knows maybe you caught a real orb. I have seem orbs twice. Both times yellow balls giving off a blue hue of colour.

With a camera? Dust can be more than 1 color. I want to believe.. but am too scared to ask an empty room questions and actually get a response

edit on 12-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

No what I saw was not with a camera it was about ten metres infront of a stationary car. About the size of a large side plate. Yellow/white colour orb giving off a blue hue. Maybe a 3 foot off the ground and traveling slowly over the road then across the moors. Twice I have seen that in the same place and both times had a someone in the car with me or I would have questioned it myself afterward..

So I know these things are real. I have seen them with my own eyes. I dont know if what the OP is real, but after seeing what I saw I keep an open mind...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
To those who ask why bother posting, well, I need something to do!

That and I thought they were cool. Even if it is light or dust.

Boredom...lol

And I am not afraid to admit it!

edit on 12-2-2012 by darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join