It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bite Club - Magazine Feature On Real Vampires - Express Tribune

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Bite Club
Sunday Magazine Feature - The Express Tribune - Pakistan
Subsidiary Of The International Herald Tribune
By Annie Ali Khan - February 12, 2012

Full Story: tribune.com.pk...
Video: tribune.com.pk...

The invitation said no jeans or sneakers, but it isn’t exactly a black-tie affair either. But then that’s to be expected when you attend a bash thrown by Fixe magazine — a New York-based fetish and sadomasochism (S&M) magazine. This particular event is in the basement of the One and One Café in New York City’s East Village to celebrate Fixe’s anniversary.

Industrial music thumps in the background as a man wearing latex pants with cutouts over his buttocks, tied to a 6-foot ‘X’-shaped metal stand called a St Andrew’s cross, is being whipped on his behind by a woman sporting a sleek black bob. Along with the S&M fetishists, resident Goths and a variety of underground scenesters, the vampires too have come to play.

One of them sits in a corner of the basement, surrounded by a core group of friends. Wearing knee-high lace up boots and a patent leather corset dress which leaves her pale arms and neck bare, she looks the part of a creature of the night. This is Seregon O’Dassey, and while her official bio describes her as an actress, Seregon says that she is in fact a ‘true vampire’— one of those real-life nosferatu who consider themselves distinct from the Twilight, “True Blood” and other pop culture depictions of the blood-drinking creatures of the night.

Seregon — the pseudonym had been inspired by the games of Dungeons & Dragons she played as a child — is not alone. She is part of a New York-based community of vampires called “The Court of Lazarus”. According to the Atlanta Vampire Alliance (AVA), one of the oldest ‘real vampire’ organisations in the US, New York (or ‘Gotham’ as the vamps prefer to call it) is fang central for America’s Vampires. “There are over 1000 self-identified vampires in New York City alone,” says Merticus, one of the founders of the AVA. They are divided into 30 active Houses, Clans, and Courts, of which the Court of Lazarus is one. The others have equally exotic names, such as the Order of the Black Marble and Temple Sahjaza. Usually presided over by a Vampire regent and a council of Elders, these Houses conduct regular meetings, social activities and have concrete guidelines for members. In short, everything a lonely vampire needs to get by. But no matter what House they belong to, vampires have one thing in common: they need a little ‘extra’ energy to survive. Also, they like to dress in blacks and reds. A lot.

There’s the key word: energy. According to Merticus, “Vampires are individuals who cannot sustain their own physical, mental or spiritual wellbeing without the taking of blood or life force energy from other sources, often human.”...

Article Continued At: tribune.com.pk...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ahhh...see, I was under the impression that "true" vampires required blood for their physical anatomy to sustain itself. But if we are talking mental and spiritual sustenance...

Well, more power to them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So now I'm wondering if ats has pretty much every type of belief from Bigfoot to now vampires I wonder how many we have on the board???? Come on someone we need to hear from the resident experts on this lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by M1FST91

... The first rule of vamp club, is you do not talk about vamp club.... the second rule of vamp club, is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT VAMP CLUB!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
lol thats funny the whole vamp club thing but not true. some do need blood but others more or less take energy. If you believe in energy working or magik then its not that far fetched. From what ive learned about it is energy or life force is takin but it can cause a bound emotional attachment and the like. Theres multiple ways to do it but my favorite way would definitely be sexually higher energy and emotional levels after all. Ive study alot on it because an ex claimed to be a vampire when i was dating her and she was telling me its diff then the movies. just look up sanguine on google theres alot out there

top topics

join