It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Just got through watching "Casino Jack and The United States of Money"...Then I threw up

page: 3
65
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well the documentry looks good , but looks like it was produced by main streem media , who funded this doc , I suspect it wasn't some indie film seems to have a pretty high budget there for I'd wager it only sctatches the surface and plays the old game of misdirection so cetrain truths... cough cough Israel lobby aren't revealed .




posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist
 


The video was great for pointing out the connections between the different "players" in DC power... Abramoff, Reed, Norquist, et al. What made these guys so powerful was their ability to convince people that they were "warriors" who were fighting the good fight and trying to vanquish evil. When you are a holy warrior, the ends justify the means. Anyone who gets in your way must be destroyed.

the difference between these guys and true holy warriors is that Abramoff, Reed and Norquist were worshipping the almighty dollar.

Gingrich fits in the same mold as these guys, since everyone in Washington knows that Newt only cares about Newt (despite his assertions that he is looking out for the welfare of America).
edit on 12-2-2012 by TopDogCynic because: addition



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The words "democrat" and corruption are synonymous. Just look at Obama and the 20th "green" company he supplied money to then fail. Demo-drones are funny...



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrong
 



The words "democrat" and corruption are synonymous.


Did you not see the part about Gingrich? Abramoff was from the right too. Remember Ton Delay? Corruption is not exclusive to any party. Broad strokes do no one any good except muddy the waters and continue to divide.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Anyone who has been paying attention would know most of this as self evident.

Power and corruption have been bed fellows since the dawn of time. The fact that so many people are shocked by this is more shocking to me than the actual information in the video. It proves how deluded the majority really are.

We have a very long way to go.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by eNaR
Not that I condone such things, you may want to try this link to download the documentary


Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure I want to expose myself to that particular site. Who knows, I could end up on somebody's watch list or something.

On the other hand, sometimes that's what it takes to get the truth out. Thanks again.


Hey, the world as we know it is reportedly going to end December 21st.

Not to worry either with the site or the end of the world !



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Anyone who has been paying attention would know most of this as self evident.

Power and corruption have been bed fellows since the dawn of time. The fact that so many people are shocked by this is more shocking to me than the actual information in the video. It proves how deluded the majority really are.

We have a very long way to go.


I wish i could use your post and show some ppl that black budget projects actually work, sheez, sometimes they do need to visit this site more often.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Wrong
 



The words "democrat" and corruption are synonymous.


Did you not see the part about Gingrich? Abramoff was from the right too. Remember Ton Delay? Corruption is not exclusive to any party. Broad strokes do no one any good except muddy the waters and continue to divide.


Most politicians are in it for the money. Gingrich is no angel trying to become the President to help the hard working people in / of the US.....


Marianne Gingrich, who Newt Gingrich called “my best friend and closest adviser,” met with notorious arms dealer, Sarkis Soghanalian in Paris in 1995. Later her aides would claim that they could use Newt to help Soghanalian lift an arms embargo on Iraq so he could collect an $80 million deb according to an FBI document, if she was given a $10 million bribe.

Source:  newsone.com...

.......OR

It is a curious case in the annals of the FBI: The bureau considered a sting operation against then-House Speaker Newt Gingrich after sifting through allegations from a notorious arms dealer that a $10 million bribe might get Congress to lift the Iraqi arms embargo.

Source:  news.yahoo.com...




posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If this is talked about more this could be the sound bite that kills Romney. This is excellent. It really shows you how he thinks without taking his words out of context. I hope this short conversation gets more exposure. The idea's presented in it are very sound and actually makes Romney turtle up when pressured. I think it's because Romney knows it will actually work.




posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Anyone who has been paying attention would know most of this as self evident.

Power and corruption have been bed fellows since the dawn of time. The fact that so many people are shocked by this is more shocking to me than the actual information in the video. It proves how deluded the majority really are.

We have a very long way to go.


I wish i could use your post and show some ppl that black budget projects actually work, sheez, sometimes they do need to visit this site more often.


Care to elaborate on that?



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
For anyone interested in this topic, I'd recommend the book, "The Wrecking Crew" by Thomas Frank:
The Wrecking Crew

It goes into the life of Abramoff in much more detail, covers several more topics and is really fascinating reading. Ever wonder why government departments are so inefficient and useless? It's by design. There's some good videos on that same web site.

Here's also a great excerpt from the book:



The richest county in America isn’t in Silicon Valley or some sugarland preserve of Houston’s oil kings; it is Loudoun County, Virginia, a fast-growing suburb of Washington, D.C., that is known for swollen suburban homes and white rail fences of the kind that denote “horse country.” The second richest county is Fairfax, Virginia, the next suburb over from Loudoun; the third, sixth, and seventh richest counties are also suburbs of the capital.1 The Washington area has six different Morton’s steakhouses to choose from, seven BMW dealerships,2 six Ritz-Carlton installations, 3 three luxury lifestyle magazines, and a Capital Beltway that is essentially an all-hours Mercedes speedway. There are malcontents all over America with a ready explanation for why this is so: Washington is rich because those overpaid federal bureaucrats are battening on the hard work of people like us, gorging themselves on the bounty that the IRS extracts out of the vast heartland. In blog and barbershop alike they rail against big government like it’s 1979, moaning about meddling feds and cursing the income tax as a crime against nature.


Much more here:
Book excerpt

edit on 13-2-2012 by ghofer because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Does it mention the core of the whole issue: The Federal Reserve System? If not, it's worthless propaganda for more of the same thing.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike
 


Are you trying to say their was no corruption in the government before 1913?



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76
 


I wouldn't expect anything else from HBO.....they lean waaaayyyy left....so I would take it with a grain of salt.

My questions would be...who produced it, who wrote it, and financed it?

I cannot watch it because I cancelled HBO and their other stations because of Bill Mahar......I know little old me won't hurt them, but if felt good!



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
www.jigsawprods.com...


Gibney is a regular blogger for the Atlantic, and has also written for Newsweek, the Huffington Post, Los Angeles Times, Newsday, the New Republic, Wilson Quarterly, Los Angeles Reader, Chicago Reader, and San Francisco Chronicle.


Gravity (documentary) (executive producer) (filming)
 
2012 Untitled Project on the Catholic Church (documentary) (producer) (post-production)
 
2011 Untitled Lance Armstrong Documentary (documentary) (producer) (post-production)
 
2011 Biba! One Island, 879 Votes (documentary) (executive producer) (completed)
 
2011 The Last Gladiators (documentary) (producer)
 
2011 Magic Trip (documentary) (producer)
 
2011 Catching Hell (documentary) (executive producer)
 
2011 Magic Trip: Ken Kesey's Search for a Kool Place (documentary) (producer)
 
2010 Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer (documentary) (producer)
 
2010 Freakonomics (documentary) (segment producer)
 
2010 My Trip to Al-Qaeda (documentary) (producer)
 
2010 Casino Jack and the United States of Money (documentary) (producer)
 
2009 Dirty Business (video documentary) (producer)
 
2009 Money Driven Medicine (documentary) (producer)
 
2008 Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (documentary) (producer)
 
2007 Mr. Untouchable (documentary) (producer)
 
I think I will pass on watching this "documentary".



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish
 

I am a documentary junkie and I have to say that of all the documentaries I have ever watched, I can't think of a single one that is more important for every American to see than this one.
Thanks for the motivation. I've actually had both of those (Movie & Documentary), on my computer since the beginning of last year. I just never got around to watching either. I needed a lil nudge.





[color=9CE6CF]A question for anybody who wants to answer, and who has seen both:
[color=69FFDC]Which should I watch first?
Documentary? or Movie?



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
anyone else noticed Mitt Romney is getting unprecedented amount of money from the banks?
looks like they want to make sure he really wins
scroll picture to compare with Ron Paul



picture from
www.reddit.com...

The largest corporate donor in 2008 to both Obama and Mitt Romney was Goldman Sachs, and it paid off really well for Goldman. They got $12.9 billion just for the AIG-related bailout, and continue to receive many other favors as well. When the US government buys its own bonds, it buys them through Goldman and pays a commission

Corruption in plain sight.
edit on 13-2-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So the solution to government corruption, according to Democrats, is to have more of it? Obama has added 135,000 public servants, a complete void of productivity, a ball and chain on the US economy, ready to take bribes. Nice.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish
 
I have seen Casino Jack but it came as no surprise. Not only is the corruption of the entire political system wide spread, it is more a question of who isn't bought and paid for....then and now. If you want to know if politician is corrupt, see how the Media treats them, they love the bad guys and if that doesn't give you a hint, try to get a look at a politician's financial statements over a few year period and you will see they are all making a lot more than their salaries.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghofer
For anyone interested in this topic, I'd recommend the book, "The Wrecking Crew" by Thomas Frank:
The Wrecking Crew

It goes into the life of Abramoff in much more detail, covers several more topics and is really fascinating reading. Ever wonder why government departments are so inefficient and useless? It's by design. There's some good videos on that same web site.

Here's also a great excerpt from the book:



The richest county in America isn’t in Silicon Valley or some sugarland preserve of Houston’s oil kings; it is Loudoun County, Virginia, a fast-growing suburb of Washington, D.C., that is known for swollen suburban homes and white rail fences of the kind that denote “horse country.” The second richest county is Fairfax, Virginia, the next suburb over from Loudoun; the third, sixth, and seventh richest counties are also suburbs of the capital.1 The Washington area has six different Morton’s steakhouses to choose from, seven BMW dealerships,2 six Ritz-Carlton installations, 3 three luxury lifestyle magazines, and a Capital Beltway that is essentially an all-hours Mercedes speedway. There are malcontents all over America with a ready explanation for why this is so: Washington is rich because those overpaid federal bureaucrats are battening on the hard work of people like us, gorging themselves on the bounty that the IRS extracts out of the vast heartland. In blog and barbershop alike they rail against big government like it’s 1979, moaning about meddling feds and cursing the income tax as a crime against nature.


Much more here:
Book excerpt

edit on 13-2-2012 by ghofer because: (no reason given)


Thanks for the info. Just bought the book at iTunes in ePub format (yes this is unnecessary promotion for Apple but just in case others would like to read it on the iDevices, they now know where to get it).

Looks like a fantastic read.....



new topics

top topics



 
65
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join