It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official, war on Terror is Being Privatized - Outsourcing to mercenaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

KABUL, Afghanistan — Even dying is being outsourced here. This is a war where traditional military jobs, from mess hall cooks to base guards and convoy drivers, have increasingly been shifted to the private sector. Many American generals and diplomats have private contractors for their personal bodyguards. And along with the risks have come the consequences: More civilian contractors working for American companies than American soldiers died in Afghanistan last year for the first time during the war.

Well these sick people are making a lot of money on this war and it does not get any sicker than this. I do not care if I get paid 250K a year with benefits I would still hold a seven eleven job and have an ounce of dignity left in me and not have my consciousness bombarded with the fact that I profited off mass murder and genocide. The interesting thing is that these mercenary companies do not have to report the deaths of their people while the military does. So this is basically the effect of the privatization is multiple fold:

1 - Companies do not have to report deaths which gives a false sense of US people dying and the effectiveness on the war on terror
2 - No accountability, all blame is shifted from the US military to these companies
3 - US tax dollars are being sent to these private mercenary companies and they get rich off murder.

Is this the America I was born into! What is going on? We are now blatantly awarding mercenary contracts.

This day shall We save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! But verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!’” S. 10:90-92

Speaking about Pharoah, if you think deeply you will understand...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But but but, our "troops" have come home.

We didnt say anything about private contractors or "advisers".

edit on 12-2-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This method of outsourcing war to private defense contractors is nothing new.
Research Xe Services or MPRI for example.

America's For-Profit Secret Army

Privatizing combat, the new world order

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think this is the future of war, makes it out of site and out of mind for the majority of American people. That makes it easier than ever for the elites to make war around the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This has some pros and cons... Mercs probably dont really have to listen to the laws so they might just kill civilians if they want to because they wont get caught. But then it would save the us army ALOTTT of money.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I think this is the future of war, makes it out of site and out of mind for the majority of American people. That makes it easier than ever for the elites to make war around the world.

It is the present and the future. Nobody gives a crap if some civilians get killed. They just say "they knew the risks for that big paycheck". I did it for eight years in Iraq and i'd do it again if i had to do it over.

top topics

join